Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
If you need reliability and ruggedness a Mechanical Mod is for you.
My preference it the new generation of TC Mods with Sub Ohm Tanks.

The new generation of VW TC devices are very reasonable and in my opinion Clearo Tanks like the Crown have caught up to dripping in terms of flavor.
The TC APV have the ability to operate on regular Watts Mode, so a TC Mod gives you the expandability to experiment.

Right now I have Mechanical Mods gathering cobwebs because I'm enjoying my current setup so much
Cloupor Gt 80
Udell Crown Tank
I like my Cloupor because it has a smaller form factor then most other Dual 18650 Mods
and it vapes great. It comes with Nickel Coils for Temperature control and a .25 Ohm and .5 Ohm Atties.
Aside from the nickel the other two are stainless steel.

Some contenders are the
IP3LI
Snow Wolf
Joyetech VTC available for $50.00 at Angel Cigs

My suggestion is look these up on youtube and watch movies of the reviews.
If you are new to vaping, don't have 18650 Batteries or a Charger, the Joyetech VTC is a great entry model because it has the battery built in
and USB Charging.

By the way unless the Apv has a passthrough I would strongly suggest that you go with a two battery Mod
My Cloupor is going through 12-15ml of Juice with time to spare for 24 hours at around 45-60 watts.[Depending my Mood]
a one Battery Mod has a tendency to need changes of batteries often especially at high Watts.

Ijoy VTC has a built in 5000mah battery and is supposed to last all day.

Subversivedeviant1

Verified Member
Apr 13, 2015
Caucasia
I'll second that. Knowing what you want out of your device is key. Then plan on spending about a week researching your options. I've been a mech fan for a long time but even I'm planning on stepping up to the ipv4s soon. I got my wife the istick 40w tc because it was twenty bucks and change from Fasttech, comes with an integrated battery and is generally easy to use. She still smokes cigarettes and rolls her eyes anytime I start talking about how cool this new coil build is so ease of use is very important for her. If she gets frustrated she'll just go light up. In that vein I'll also b getting her a clearo. Either the Uwell crown or the ehpro morph with all the shiny bits

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
The TC mod seems like the new black of the mod, bring the best flavor of the juice and avoiding dry hit. Mech mod has the simple structure, less is more so most mech mod like an art. Too many choices to choose, which type of mods is your favorite?
VW mods with TC capability

mech mods are the prettiest but... regulated is the way to go...safer =)

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    In vaping I've always looked for consistency of experience.

The mech mods never interested me as the experience changed as the battery discharged. The regulated "VV" mods were what I started on and I actually prefer them over their cousin the "VW" mod as all my factory atomizers were bought with the same resistance and were rated by VOLTAGE not wattage. It may of been me and my setups but I felt I got a more consistent vape using VV vs using VW.

When TC mods came out I thought I was in vaping heaven - that is outside of the mods which like to magically subtract 0.03ohms or more from your coil and create a pathetic vape - (there are more than a few that are able to do this) the ones that are able to reliably read the resistance and produce steady offsets based on that are able to provide (IMHO) as good or better of an consistent vaping experience from the start of an RTA to the wick being bone dry.

While there are those who use twisted wires of various AWG and types in my experience TC works best when you stick to the basics and keep things as simple as possible. While lately I've been running two tanks with 2.0ohm SS430 coils my best luck is still in the 0.15-0.9ohms of a single wound coil. Nothing fancy.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2013
    New York
    My opinion is to have both. I really like my two mechanical devices (18650 tubes), they are much smaller and clones are pretty inexpensive. I also really like my two regulated devices since they provide a consistent setting. I tend to switch my mechanical batteries out around 3.9volts, but it's also a good idea to switch out the regulated batteries around 30-40% on the screen indicator. Never run your batteries too low. Both are relatively safe as long as you keep maintenance.

Reactions: Eric Auer

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    Depends on your needs.
    For me, it's mechanical.
    I enjoy the tinkering and the durability. I also DIY and refuse to buy anything that needs prebuilt coils.
    My mods never fail, and I vape for pennies.
    I have a few regulated devices.
    I won an Innokin disrupter and my wife won a Smoke cube II with TC.
    The Innokin is nice, the Smok cube II is really bad. Cheaply made and has that wonky switch. There are better TC devices out there.

93gc40

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 5, 2014
    California
    For simplicity, and consistency. Go with Regulated. If you like tinkering and want to learn the HOW of vapor go Mechanical. IMO, TC is till too new, the Makers are still working out the bugs and the users still are all newbies. Heck even 15watt plus regulation has only been big for about 1 year.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

CloudOFsmoke

Sep 15, 2015
    I think the real question here is mech vs regulated.
    If you go regulated, theres no reason to not buy a TC mod. Their prices have come way down and just about every major box manufacturer has one. Every TC mod I know of has a standard watts mode in addition to TC. You may never use it, but its an option if you decide to and wont have to go buy a new mod to do it.

Happy e-cigarette

Jun 10, 2015
    So far I think all the tc mods also have the option to operate normal VW mode.
    Yeah, today I bought a Cloupor mini plus online, this mod have three mode, VV VW and CT. It has a very tiny body, hope receive it soon lOL

Attachments

• cloupor mini+.png
      cloupor mini+.png
      136.4 KB · Views: 54
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread