Copper Creek Chit Chat, Part #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
I can't wait for this year to end. We're STILL finding bedbugs. The huge storage unit we were going to store most of our stuff in just got a whole lot smaller. We're going to throw out all of our bedroom furniture. ALL of it. Ungh. At least it'll save about $100 per month.

I like that idea. Much better than my dressing up and daring them to walk up to the hut. Last time I did that I made a little clown cry. oops.
That's not your fault. Clowns deserve it.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Nothing exciting here. Browsing around the 1800PetMeds site and Amazon. I need some zymox for Shrek's ears and looking on Amazon for a very specific pair of bedroom shoes granny wants. I think I found them and going to buy 2 pair. They're a bit pricey for bedroom shoes,$20 each. But, that is what she's wanting so that's what she'll get.

Tomorrow I'm off work and hubby will be home. No major plans.

I think Alex is going to try to sell his xbox and games. He is wanting the newest gaming system out and needs to raise the money. He asked us if he could raise some of the money for it if we'll go ahead and buy it and give it to him but it be his Christmas gift. Hahahahaha!!! Nope, not a chance at all. And the fact that it is $400 is quite ridiculous.

Yesterday the Alex's psychiatrist gave me some not so cheery news. After Alex left the room he said that Alex taking the SAT in November is fine but that he didn't feel like it was something that he could do or do well on. I asked him if he thought of whether Alex will ever be able to live on his own. He said yes but it will be quite a while before that can happen. And that when he does move out he will close supervision. He gave me that 'I don't see it happening" look when I asked about whether it is in the realm of possibility for him to ever have a relationship with a girl. He said it will be hard but it is possible and not to get my hopes up. I sure wish I knew what to do to fix this situation but I know realistically that it's not going to go away. BUT, I'm not giving up on him. That's what counts.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Oh, and another gem of a situation has to do with Morgan and her not having her phone or any eamail. one of the boys she was talking to sent her an email yesterday. She doesn't have access to email but I do check it everyday. In the email he said he didn't like her and never did, and that he was basically using her to see where it would lead. He said not to contact him. That won't be a problem but I almost want to let Morgan know about it. She needs to know that someone she met online is not what he seemed to be and used her for some unknown reason. Maybe it will help her see that no everyone on line is who they say they are and how vulnerable she is.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Good grief. I just responded to what is supposed to be a 16 year old kid about an email that he sent to Morgan. Seems he's done some spiteful things to get at her just to be mean like he was in the email. I promise I was very polite. I probably shouldn't have done it but a momentary lack of judgement has caused me to have a spar with a 16 year old kid. You hear too many things out there about kids that it crushes because of something that was send in an email or over social networking. I don't want my kid to be one of those.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Yep, there was no internet when I was growing up. The most technical thing we had was either the original Atari or the Commodore 64. :laugh: My favorite game was Simon Says with the disc that lit up buttons you had to remember and do back. I'd never in my wildest imagination I didn't know how bad the internet, mainly social media, would be for young kids. The prime breeding ground for sicko's to come out of the woodwork and jerks be even more of a jerk because they can hide behind the computer screen now. Sometimes the internet is NOT always a good thing. Morgan is no longer allowed, for quite a time now, facebook. She wasn't supposed to have twitter or anything else that may possibly involve socializing in an imaginary chat room. I think I've got all of them blocked now. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, gmail chat, chatting of any kind, and I'm sure I'm missing something. She's got only the computer and can only go to you tube and minecraft on it. Everything else is blocked. And then when she's done for the day we open the keylogging software and see check it.

What happened to the days where you went outside and rode your bike or played a game of kickball or throwing the softball around. Then there hide and seek and Simon Says. Boy have things changed.

Reactions: Bamrz

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Haha, I just read my last four posts and all of them was negative and not like worthy at all. Sorry about that. :)

I'll throw a little positive into the mix here. Ruger got a major haircut today and was an excellent dog on the grooming table. Alex did his chores with out much prodding, I got three loads of laundry done and folded, Granny turned 81 yesterday, work went good today, and I've finished all the things on my daily to do list so now I can do what I want to do the rest of the night. Well, kinda.

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
upload_2015-10-8_6-59-54.png

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I'm off from work today and hubby came home from work this morning! :banana: Don't plan on much today except housework. I need to call the place that sharpened my blades and scissors the other day. They brought me the rest of my stuff I also ordered from him but I have not paid for it. He just left it anyway even though I wasn't there at the time and it's $80 worth of stuff. I've got to call and pay him today. I also need to register Alex for the SAT. Again. Remember last time we paid $60 for him to go take it and he froze up and wouldn't go in the room. This time he is paying for it and he better go in there and take that test. The doctor is pushing for him to try to get a job at Publix and he told me that there are many people with special needs that work for them and they work with you to make it work. He said that he know several people that have been there 10 years or more and have been successful at working. *sigh* I want to give him the opportunity to pursue what he wants to do before I resign to having him bag groceries the rest of his life. Not that there's anything wrong with grocery baggers. Hope that doesn't offend anyone. The doctor insists that he won't be able to handle a full time regular job. We'll see. He's done many things that the doctors said he wouldn't be able to do since he was 3. Anywho, hope everyone day goes good.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Well I have done a whole lot of nothing today besides fold a load of clothes or go out to the freezer to get out a roast for tomorrow night. Alex did the kitchen, mop, and sweeping. Hubby is cutting the grass. I'm trying my hardest to sit in my chair and trying to be constructive. So far, no luck. :laugh:

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
I'm off from work today and hubby came home from work this morning! :banana: Don't plan on much today except housework. I need to call the place that sharpened my blades and scissors the other day. They brought me the rest of my stuff I also ordered from him but I have not paid for it. He just left it anyway even though I wasn't there at the time and it's $80 worth of stuff. I've got to call and pay him today. I also need to register Alex for the SAT. Again. Remember last time we paid $60 for him to go take it and he froze up and wouldn't go in the room. This time he is paying for it and he better go in there and take that test. The doctor is pushing for him to try to get a job at Publix and he told me that there are many people with special needs that work for them and they work with you to make it work. He said that he know several people that have been there 10 years or more and have been successful at working. *sigh* I want to give him the opportunity to pursue what he wants to do before I resign to having him bag groceries the rest of his life. Not that there's anything wrong with grocery baggers. Hope that doesn't offend anyone. The doctor insists that he won't be able to handle a full time regular job. We'll see. He's done many things that the doctors said he wouldn't be able to do since he was 3. Anywho, hope everyone day goes good.
Tiff, also consider Goodwill for Alex. I know around here they hire people with special needs, so they could be quite accommodating.

Reactions: tlmoody27

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Tiff, also consider Goodwill for Alex. I know around here they hire people with special needs, so they could be quite accommodating.
Dodnt think of that . Thanks . I'll look into it and ask the vocational rehab case worker too.
Please put in a small prayer that all these years of every therapy imagined . I hop all the years of therapy of all sorts has done id some good
All o want is him for him to be and self sufficient.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread