Getting an interesting flavor from ACB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
It doesn't really change much in the glass bottles if they are still sealed. They stay pretty much the same as the day they were bottled until opened. So a bottle from March is the same as a bottle from August. The only real changes are in the settling and possible un-blending of the juice through being kept still for a length of time. I have this picture of an example.

Left bottle is GCD in the old LDPE bottles before glass from about 9/14. Right is GCD from the glass bottles from 12/14 decanted into the old plastic that I reuse for decanting on 6/15. Big difference!!

Oh I missed that in my skimming, if they have been sealed I concur with everyone else about more heat. If steeping is not in involved I love my tobacco vapes at @.4-.5 ohms and in the 35-45 watt range. That's on a mech so regulated will be easier to dial in with a different coil. And the above pic is why all my glass get emptied into 60ml needle bottles upon reciept, super dark LDPE joose is KING! :D

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
It doesn't really change much in the glass bottles if they are still sealed. They stay pretty much the same as the day they were bottled until opened. So a bottle from March is the same as a bottle from August. The only real changes are in the settling and possible un-blending of the juice through being kept still for a length of time. I have this picture of an example.

Left bottle is GCD in the old LDPE bottles before glass from about 9/14. Right is GCD from the glass bottles from 12/14 decanted into the old plastic that I reuse for decanting on 6/15. Big difference!!

Speaking of MKR, I have some GCD that's not geting vaped and needs a home, if you'd like it let me know. It's a 3/4 60mls ldpe aged well and one glass 60ml. :thumbs:

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Speaking of MKR, I have some GCD that's not geting vaped and needs a home, if you'd like it let me know. It's a 3/4 60mls ldpe aged well and one glass 60ml. :thumbs:
Thanks for thinking of me, if you're just passing them on PM me. :D

DaBucs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Orlando, Fl
steeping bottles is soooo different from the old ldpe plastic bottles...what i do with the glass now, is i will uncap for 24 hours after a good shake, cap and shake, then every few days to once a week i will do the uncap for 24 hours....i can do this for a month and it will barely get a steep....best bet is to have some plastic containers to move the juice to for quicker steeping, as they seem to leak air in for steeping....

Bakseated1

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Pa
I really don't know what to think then. By what some of you are saying they shouldn't be very steeped because of the glass bottles even though they got some air right away. But have been stored away for months since.

Fresh ACB for me was basically super caramel with a hint of tobacco. Now it's "something" with a hint of caramel.

Halfway temped to throw my old kanthol build back together and see what it tastes like.

I just got home from work and shook it for about 3 minutes straight then uncapped it.

Was planning on repeating that a few times tonight and leaving it uncapped all night to see what it tastes like in the mornin after another good shake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I think some steep has occurred.

I think letting it sit, it may have settled but it would be fixed with a shake.

I think trying it on a kanthal build would give you a good baseline as to what the juice tastes like in comparison to what you remember.

I think you are on the right track, best of luck! :thumb:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I really don't know what to think then. By what some of you are saying they shouldn't be very steeped because of the glass bottles even though they got some air right away. But have been stored away for months since.

Fresh ACB for me was basically super caramel with a hint of tobacco. Now it's "something" with a hint of caramel.

Halfway temped to throw my old kanthol build back together and see what it tastes like.

I just got home from work and shook it for about 3 minutes straight then uncapped it.

Was planning on repeating that a few times tonight and leaving it uncapped all night to see what it tastes like in the mornin after another good shake.

Steeping is a very slow process without air.... so, yes, all the liquid will definitely benefit from (repeated) shaking, along with exposure to air (at least long enough to allow for the bubbles to travel through the liquid - I call it "landing")

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I has begun to taste more like the acb I remember. But the sweetness has reduced and the tobacco is now more forward. Still good. But next time it's staying capped and sealed. Love that sweetness.

A regular shake and as much air as it takes for the bubbles to travel through the liquid is just what the doctor ordered!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread