Status
Not open for further replies.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Just got myself 20 spare ceramic cups from FT :) ..a bit insane I know..but I'm running 3 Roses and these cups don't last very long
I wonder what's the deal? I've run my Rose daily for over a year with one cup. Never even touched the spare that came with it.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I picked up half a dozen myself, you can never have enough spare parts! ;)

I want one of the Steam Tuners clear tanks, but the price would be outrageous (for me) by the time it landed here... :drool:
2d94d1_IMG_2734.JPG
Man..this looks sexy!!!...is it on Eden mods' site? ..or FT?

Reactions: TrollDragon

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I wonder what's the deal? I've run my Rose daily for over a year with one cup. Never even touched the spare that came with it.
I was like that for about 2 or 3 months, and then hell broke loose! I don't know what's the reason really. On one occasion it was when I was trying to adjust the height of the coil. I put a micro screwdriver through the coil and tried to lift it up a bit and ended breaking the part between the two juice slits (the weakest spot in the cup). In all other instances I found the same part broken when I unscrewed the base to change the wick or dry burn the coil.

Reactions: TrollDragon

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I've broken a couple of them also. They still work fine if you break the little tab between the wick slots. But, when I run horizontal coils, especially with certain juices, they eventually get so stained they won't clean up anymore. Doesn't happen with vertical coils though, which is why I went to all verticals.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
To clean the ceramic cups, no amount of soap and water or cleaners will get them clean since they are porous. You heat them with the micro butane torch and they clean up just like new again.

Here are before and after pictures of a FT replacement cup on the Aussie Vapers forum and before that is a Sophia ceramic cup that was brought back to white with a torch.
How to clean the ceramic cups in a Rose V2

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
Did you get them from FT as well? Do they fit?
The FT cups do fit, although mine seem a little thinner than the cups from Edenmods. The original v1 cups were machined and some were too big, leading to people cracking the cups. They changed to cast cups in v2 which were slightly thicker walled and dropped in without forcing. If your ceramic cups don't drop in easily, you can sand them down to fit.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Damn, I talked to Lee and all the BF SnapDragons are gone, outtie, peace.

He said they are working on the next round, it'll take some time for their usual perfection, but he also said from now on all the new ones will be capable of bottom feed AND top feed!!!

Can't wait :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Ive tried heating the cups. What I'm finding is it works for awhile and then eventually it doesn't anymore.

I don't think the change in color affects the taste or functionality. I haven't noticed any difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Damn, I talked to Lee and all the BF SnapDragons are gone, outtie, peace.

He said they are working on the next round, it'll take some time for their usual perfection, but he also said from now on all the new ones will be capable of bottom feed AND top feed!!!

Can't wait :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sounds great! I've been thinking of getting a Reo for a while, but I haven't summoned the courage to do it just yet. Is it a significantly better flavor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
A little Rose thread reboot...

I picked up an eVic VTC mini the other night and thought, wow how great would it be to have TC on the Rose. All dressed up in it's SS tank would be quite excellent.

Then I thought about trying to get a Ni200 28g coil installed in the cup and wicked... I quickly abandoned that idea as it would be an exercise in futility. Also you can not dry burn Ni200 coils so when it did get gunky it would require another build. I read that the Ni200 coils don't take to kindly to rewicking.

I need to pick up some Titanium wire which is much stiffer and supposedly easier to work with. Then there will be some very nice Rose TC enjoyment!
:toast:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
So how did the Ti build go?
Good for my first build, I did a 10/9 spaced 26g on 2.5mm for 0.35 ohms. I set the IPV D2 for 450F/35J and it is vaping wonderfully, the Ti wire is much better than Ni 200 but it is a bit springy and dirty. You have to give it a pull through a paper towel with alcohol. This is Unkamen wire and it appears to be graphite reside from where the mfg runs it through the dies, only take a half dozen wipes for the piece you want to use for wrapping.

I am going to put a contact coil in when the tank runs dry and I get the No Liquid warning. I'll post pics of that build.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
A Rose build I did for the Rayon Thread, I just love the full SS tank and no worry or when it runs dry. :thumbs:

Built with a 0.4 ohm 26g Ti Coil.
YOhW7QQl.jpg

Rayon pulled through the opposing juice channels.
Xck5wjfl.jpg

Wick is split in half to fill both juice channels. They must have designed it with two channels for use with a silica wick folded in two, since the Rose is from that era.
2fHDbMel.jpg

Wick trimmed to the edge of the chimney threads and primed with juice.
uAizomQl.jpg

Tank filled, juice control adjusted till you just start to feel resistance then backed off 1/4 turn.
Vaping very nicely at 450F/35J :thumbs:
MUxejGyl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread