High watts, low ohm ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

ave

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
RO, EU
It's all about heat transfer. Usually yes (lower Ohms usually means that the coil can take more power) but I'm not absolutely positive that a high power means more flavor.
As a brief disclaimer, I started vaping because, unlike the 3-4-5 pipes I was puffing in a year, with the vapes you can blow 2-3 clouds then leave it aside. I don't do nicotine, I'm just looking for the flavors and the clouds. So I am still reading, and I'm experimenting in my limited time and space (on and in my desk)... :)

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
100% VG and i would highly assume more surface area = bigger clouds. lower ohms to me just seems like their is less resistance for the current thus the coil heats up faster and producing vapor faster. more surface area typicall you'd want dual/quad coils i'd assume as well as maybe twisted wire. i could be totally wrong but that is just my theory. twisted wire provides more surface area but cuts your ohms in half i believe same with multiple coils but with multiple coils you'd run coils with more wraps say like a duel coil 0.5 = 2 1.0ohm coils that would be more wraps = more surface area in general.

take my suggestion with a grain of salt and do research on cloud chasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread