Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
A mixed blessing to be driving again; I'd learned to navigate the universe quite well without a vehicle.

Very high mileage, 184K, but amazingly clean for its age. 2003 Subaru Forester; no unpleasant surprises at all on my drive home from Raleigh; drives great, very comfortable, everything that I've thought to check works well. Knock on wood. First time I've driven and first time I've had a working vehicle in 33 months.
View attachment 496467
Nice ride, Dave. Now you have all of the other expenses of car ownership.
Happy Birthday, Janet and MissWish enjoy your day.
The drone is a Blade 350 QX3. I had it in Safe mode and with GPS lock I was able to walk up and have it behind me. The technology has really changed for the quads and helicopters. Much easier to fly. The problem with having it is I live right next to Tinker Air Force Base. No flights of RC vehicles within 5 miles. Oklahoma City passed an ordinance that nothing that flies can be used in their city parks. Well, the exception to that being kites, they can be flown as they are technically tethered to the ground. I joined a club in West OKC that is very well maintained and has locked gated entry with about 30 acres of flight area. The new big thing is First Person View quad racing. I don't have good enough reactions for that. I am fine with just what they call Sport Flying. There is also an area for me to use my RC cars, too. It will be a great place to take the grandkids when they come to visit.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Papa bear is kinda macho, so gets his in his tin cup.

Mama uses a ceramic bowl, which sucked all the heat out.

Baby? His is in kid-proof plastic.
It's a good theory, but if you look at the picture you can see that the artist seems to have drawn all 3 bowls with the same pattern on the outside, making it very unlikely that they're made of different materials. :) It looks possible, though, that Papa Bear's had a wooden spoon in it while Mama Bear's had a metal spoon and Baby Bear's had no spoon. That would ostensibly explain the variation, but would bring up another question. If the bears went to take a walk to give their porridge time to cool, why didn't they come back before Mama Bear's got TOO cool?
The_Three_Bears_-_Project_Gutenberg_eText_17034.jpg

The Three Bears - Project Gutenberg eText 17034

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I don't think my friends will ever understand that the only thing worse than doing things the hard way is doing what they tell me I should do (unless I ask for help).
Ok then. Whatever you do, NEVER drive that car! EVER! :lol:

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
A mixed blessing to be driving again; I'd learned to navigate the universe quite well without a vehicle.

Very high mileage, 184K, but amazingly clean for its age. 2003 Subaru Forester; no unpleasant surprises at all on my drive home from Raleigh; drives great, very comfortable, everything that I've thought to check works well. Knock on wood. First time I've driven and first time I've had a working vehicle in 33 months.
View attachment 496467

Looking good Dave.
I hadn't driven for a while before getting my car recently. An improvement from the 90's hyundai I last drove and big leap from the 85 Toyota that when we got Dad thought at the time was quite futuristic.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Proper maintenance matters more than the mileage on a pre owned vehicle. I'd much rather have a well maintained 12 yr old with 184k than say a 6 yr old 80k that only had 3-4 oil changes in it's life.

Yes don't think putting in some Wynns engine additive from Kmart like I used to do many years ago will cut it these days.
Though not sure ever did much for any cars.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
My current ride is an 89 Toyota pickup. ?Bought it for $800, with an almost new set of tires good body and runs good after I put a battery and alternator in it.
All power and automatic with overdrive.
A relief after driving a NO power anything manual shift 72 F100.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
good morning everyone!! Hope everyone has a great day!

It was a busy day for me. Chiropractor, grocery shopping, freezing food...cooking. yeah, cooking. It's going to snow in a minute.

I will not let vehicle ownership interfere with my two favorite activities: 1) going nowhere and 2) doing nothing. Nothing has changed in that regard.

I have that affliction when I'm not working. The less I have to drive, the better I like it.

some better pics of kittie
TYbcIio.jpg

q7H5TuZ.jpg

That kitty looks JUST like our base cat. Ours is a seasoned pro, and at one time, she was pretty feral. Her name is NuNu. Now, she has almost everybody at the base wrapped around her little kitty paws. She's still skittish, and she has her people picked. She will actually jump on my lap if I sit still long enough. And a couple of the mechanics have her rotten. They feed her canned food and she comes looking for them if they don't.

Mike and Janet reporting in;

IMG_4824_zpsrul3unog.jpg

The afternoon was spent at Strawberry Park Hot Springs. There were 4 pools ranging from hot to luke warm. We kept switching between them as the mood struck us.

IMG_3588_zpsmqpiqrzm.jpg

Then for dinner we went to a steak house where it was 'grill your own'. They had a meat cooler where you picked out you steak, then over to the grill to prepare it. Not many people at the time and we had the grill and a bottle of wine to ourselves.

IMG_3595_zpsnkhvcpas.jpg

And to surprise Janet, a candle on an ice cream dish that looked like a giant baked potato when it was served. Happy Birthday Janet.

IMG_3597_zpsgzhhxgqe.jpg

Sweet trip. Glad you fine folks are enjoying yourselves. Happy Birthday, Janet!!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Why, thank you, clnire! Mine was yesterday, lol.
Awwwwwwww sorry I missed it. If you mentioned it before, I forgot, and if you didn't, shame on you!! hehehe
images

I don't think my friends will ever understand that the only thing worse than doing things the hard way is doing what they tell me I should do (unless I ask for help).
it was a silent cry for help, now shush up and do as you're told! Don't make me git my skillet! hehehe j/k, it's your money, and your car, do whatchya want with it.

The kids call her Caramella.
oooooooo I like that!! I had been thinking something like dusty or smokey based on her coloring, but didn't really like them......thought about tazz to rhyme of course with spazz, and since she's feral it was short for tasmanian devil, but that didn't seem right either. With inspiration from you, I do like Tiramisu or even Rolo since that would account for the caramel coloring and scott has a rolo ejuice he made. But these are just musings since he's decided on pickles.

Haven't been around much. I've been a little busy. Working is fun, but tiring. I love all the new stuff I'm learning and that I'm such a big part of a small company.
glad you're liking it so much. Hope you can get enough rest hun! Love you back!!

and now i'm really really going to bed!!!!
uhmmm you said that about 8 pm your time, then posted at 11 pm your time?? I actually did go to bed at 9 pm, woke up at 1 am and couldn't get back to sleep. Hope I get a nap today.

It's going to snow in a minute.
Quitchyer cussin woman!! That's a dirty 4 letter word! :lol:

Hope everyone has a super fantastic day!!! Kay......waiting to hear great news!!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
it was a silent cry for help, now shush up and do as you're told! Don't make me git my skillet! hehehe j/k, it's your money, and your car, do whatchya want with it.
Now, now. Just because I make fun of every unsolicited suggestion doesn't mean ya have to go and get COLD about it. :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Now, now. Just because I make fun of every unsolicited suggestion doesn't mean ya have to go and get COLD about it. :)
please pardon......I think it was roto's mention of that cold white stuff, made me shiver it did, right down to me timbers! :lol:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Haven't been around much. I've been a little busy. Working is fun, but tiring. I love all the new stuff I'm learning and that I'm such a big part of a small company.
That is really awesome, DH. It's pretty obvious you're a bright and resourceful kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread