Reo Lounge Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Karen, it is a small world. Thank you for telling me that. People, take note! I am very relieved to hear not to put the wrap back on then. I almost didn't mention this. The forum was slow, so I thought, what the heck? Like you, I have had a previous injury, so I know what it feels like. Several years ago I slipped on icy steps at my friend's house. I fell and broke some ribs in the back, on the very same side. I put my hand out to help with the blow, and I injured that too. The front corner of a step, is where I hit on my back, before I continued on down, hitting more wood steps. I did not know then, that I broke ribs. I knew the pain was terrible. I just laid there for a minute, before I could get up. When I did, it was very slowly. My friend's nephew saw me trying to get up, and laughed his rear off. I went fishing right after that. Later, after I could move my arm around that area, I felt the broken bones. They were not straight, and they were bumpy. I thought well they aren't going to do anything about it, so I never even got it checked out. To fix the bones, they would have to straighten them back out, and then I'd have to start healing all over again.

Deb, I don't want to have to pay for x-rays, and all that. The pain is not as bad as the time before. At least now I can see the area. Before it was in the back part, so I couldn't see a thing. The initial pain was the worst part. After that it is minor compared to that. I can't afford x-rays, radiologists, and all that jazz, to tell me what I already know. If I just had a co-pay, I'd go. But now I have to pay up front, and my deductible is about triple what it was. I thought this was just a fluke, and it didn't happen to anyone else. Now I know that I am not alone, since Karen said it also happened to her. A day apart though? That is kind of weird... :) I hope I never do this again. Hopefully my brain will put the brakes on any movement of leaning over the arm of something like that. I couldn't quite reach it, so I moved up just a little, and put more weight on that arm of the chair. I guess I positioned myself juuuuust right to mess up. So next time anyone thinks about doing this, remember what happened to us, and DON'T DO IT.

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Karen, it is a small world. Thank you for telling me that. People, take note! I am very relieved to hear not to put the wrap back on then. I almost didn't mention this. The forum was slow, so I thought, what the heck? Like you, I have had a previous injury, so I know what it feels like. Several years ago I slipped on icy steps at my friend's house. I fell and broke some ribs in the back, on the very same side. I put my hand out to help with the blow, and I injured that too. I did not know then, that I broke ribs. I knew the pain was terrible. I just laid there for a minute, before I could get up. When I did, it was very slowly. My friend's nephew saw me trying to get up, and laughed his rear off. I went fishing right after that. Later, after I could move my arm around that area, I felt the broken bones. They were not straight, and they were bumpy. I thought well they aren't going to do anything about it, so I never even got it checked out. To fix the bones, they would have to straighten them back out, and then I'd have to start healing all over again.

Deb, I don't want to have to pay for x-rays, and all that. The pain is not as bad as the time before. At least now I can see the area. Before it was in the back part, so I couldn't see a thing. The initial pain was the worst part. After that it is minor compared to that. I can't afford x-rays, radiologists, and all that jazz, to tell me what I already know. If I just had a co-pay, I'd go. But now I have to pay up front, and my deductible is about triple what it was. I thought this was just a fluke, and it didn't happen to anyone else. Now I know that I am not alone, since Karen said it also happened to her. A day apart though? That is kind of weird... :) I hope I never do this again. Hopefully my brain will put the brakes on any movement of leaning over the arm of something like that. I couldn't quite reach it, so I moved up just a little, and put more weight on that arm of the chair. I guess I positioned myself juuuuust right to mess up. So next time anyone thinks about doing this, remember what happened to us, and DON'T DO IT.

My first fracture was done while I was sitting on my recumbent bike. I put my feet down on the carpet and leaned over to reach into a cabinet. Then I tried to pull out a box. I was twisting a little and also strained to reach and pull. If I had not got x-rays I would have just thought my ribcage bruised my intestines! Went to the Dr. and she ordered the x-ray. This one seems worse. I am working and today has been horrible for pain. I can feel a lump on that side when I lay down on it. Feels like I am laying on a baseball! LOL. I can't believe ribs are so darn fragile! I am 62.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
My first fracture was done while I was sitting on my recumbent bike. I put my feet down on the carpet and leaned over to reach into a cabinet. Then I tried to pull out a box. I was twisting a little and also strained to reach and pull. If I had not got x-rays I would have just thought my ribcage bruised my intestines! Went to the Dr. and she ordered the x-ray. This one seems worse. I am working and today has been horrible for pain. I can feel a lump on that side when I lay down on it. Feels like I am laying on a baseball! LOL. I can't believe ribs are so darn fragile! I am 62.

Karen, are you going to your Dr? I sure hope you say yes!

Reactions: Debadoo

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Karen, are you going to your Dr? I sure hope you say yes!

I am here at work Kay. Trying to just take my Tylenol and get by. I was on pain meds at home and didn't know it was this sore. Trying to make it through till Thursday when I get off work then decide what I will do. Of course when I am home I can have my pain meds again!!!

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Karen I am almost 56. So you are just a little ahead of me.

Kay, I went fishing just a few minutes after that. They were remodeling that old house. They put in brand new steps, and painted those wooden steps. I didn't see any ice. I went all the way down. I was determined to go fishing. It was my birthday! The crappie were incredible there lately, and I was determined to go. I normally cast on my left. But after that, I made casts with my right. Most of the time I just sat in the chair. It was very cold out. I didn't take my big tackle box. I took my small one. Not long after that time period, I started fly fishing. I can deal with certain pain, easier than some people. It just depends on where it is. The first time I had kidney stones, the pain was intense. I went to the ER. I could not believe I actually had to go to ER for pain. (I didn't know it was a stone) They wouldn't give me anything for pain, until after x-rays. They said I had a huge stone in one kidney, but that wasn't the one hurting me. The one causing the pain was the small one, in the other kidney. Go figure. It is very unusual for me to ever ask for pain meds. For one thing I am either allergic to them, or they make me sick as a dog. So if I have to take them, it isn't done lightly. If I take them for a little while, I have to take Phenergan or something. Even then I am very ill with it. Most of the time with kidney stones, I don't take anything for pain. But if I say I need it, I NEED IT.

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I am here at work Kay. Trying to just take my Tylenol and get by. I was on pain meds at home and didn't know it was this sore. Trying to make it through till Thursday when I get off work then decide what I will do. Of course when I am home I can have my pain meds again!!!

Well, I know that you will take care of yourself as best you can, even at work, but to have basically the same thing happen twice in such a short period of times has to be a bit upsetting!

Ya need to stop trying to twerk!!!:D

no...seriously, take care of yourself! Which goes without saying cuz I know you will!

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Karen I am almost 56. So you are just a little ahead of me.

Kay, I went fishing just a few minutes after that. They were remodeling that old house. They put in brand new steps, and painted those wooden steps. I didn't see any ice. I went all the way down. I was determined to go fishing. It was my birthday! The crappie were incredible there lately, and I was determined to go. I normally cast on my left. But after that, I made casts with my right. Most of the time I just sat in the chair. It was very cold out. I didn't take my big tackle box. I took my small one. Not long after that time period, I started fly fishing. I can deal with certain pain, easier than some people. It just depends on where it is. The first time I had kidney stones, the pain was intense. I went to the ER. I could not believe I actually had to go to ER for pain. (I didn't know it was a stone) They wouldn't give me anything for pain, until after x-rays. They said I had a huge stone in one kidney, but that wasn't the one hurting me. The one causing the pain was the small one, in the other kidney. Go figure. It is very unusual for me to ever ask for pain meds. For one thing I am either allergic to them, or they make me sick as a dog. So if I have to take them, it isn't done lightly. If I take them for a little while, I have to take Phenergan or something. Even then I am very ill with it. Most of the time with kidney stones, I don't take anything for pain. But if I say I need it, I NEED IT.

Lol!!

you are one tuff Texan!!!!

But inquiring minds gotta know.....

did you catch any crappie?! And were they good?!!!!

P.S. I tried fly fishing a few times...my teacher got exasperated to the point he walked away! I'm very uncoordinated:D

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
My two REO's were fine even with the fall and sliding across the floor!
The reos I don't worry about you.......they bounce better than we do!!

If I just had a co-pay, I'd go. But now I have to pay up front, and my deductible is about triple what it was
I can understand that.

I'm sure you know they're pronounced Crop-py, but I pronounce em just like they look.....crap-py lol Not a fish I care for.

Reactions: kkay59

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
The reos I don't worry about you.......they bounce better than we do!!

I can understand that.

I'm sure you know they're pronounced Crop-py, but I pronounce em just like they look.....crap-py lol Not a fish I care for.

Nope..us northern hillbillies call em the same as you! But they're fun to catch!

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
KKay try a harness on the dog Ive found its the only thing to use on my pitty. they don't have to be expensive mine was about $30 Canadian so like $12 us :lol:

good day all just woke up I'm stuck at home with Pneumonia Teach me to smoke so much for so long

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
But inquiring minds gotta know.....

Girl yes, I caught crappy. I pronounce it craw pee. No hesitation between that. Crawpee...lol. My daddy used to call them white perch. There is a difference between white crappie, and black crappie. I think he called all of them white perch. Crappie is my favorite fish that I can catch around here. I love sunfish/bream too, but they are usually so small, they are hardly worth the effort. I like bass too. I've never eaten a yellow bass though. My father told me not to. I don't recall why now, so I never eat them. I've heard others say there is nothing wrong with them. The place I used to catch these fish, was my favorite place. It was a spillway. Certain times of the year they are very good at biting. I rarely conventional fish anymore though. I like fly fishing much better. I bet I could teach you how. It is not hard at all. I taught my son, and a few others. He didn't listen to everything I said, and he wanted to stop the lesson, before I thought he was ready. He says, "I got this". I said but...and he said "I got this". I said okay then, have at it. I couldn't learn on my own, and I tried. Luckily somebody gave me a lesson. Then later I got another lesson. There was no turning back after that.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Yes, I do have a harness, and you are right. If I pull out the harness, she thinks we are going somewhere good, and is so hyper it is not even funny. It takes me ten minutes to get the harness on her. She prances around like a stallion. I am going to get her a dog backpack before long. That ought to help slow her down a little too. If she thinks it is a job, she will like it even better. I will start with no weight, then slowly add weight.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Justice, I hope you get over your pneumonia quickly. I forgot to say that earlier. It is nothing to play with. Been there and done that, and have the ribbon. You are the second one I have heard about since yesterday that has pneumonia. Is it viral, or bacterial? Maybe you don't know. Most of the time I think doctors test, if they think it is necessary. I know my son had it once. Strangest thing ever. He was sick, not bad sick at all. Just one day. The next day, he was very similar to the day before, not worse. But I just had this feeling that I needed to take him to the doctor. I thought why? That's crazy. He isn't that sick. But I had the definite feeling I must get him to the doctor that second day. The doctor said he had pneumonia. I said how can he? He only got sick yesterday. I was never so shocked in my life. If I had not taken him, he would have ended up in the hospital. So take your meds, drink plenty of fluids, and get lots of rest.

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
KKay try a harness on the dog Ive found its the only thing to use on my pitty. they don't have to be expensive mine was about $30 Canadian so like $12 us :lol:

good day all just woke up I'm stuck at home with Pneumonia Teach me to smoke so much for so long

Darrel!!!! Please see a Dr.! I didn't think i was " that sick" early last spring..laid around for about a week..got weaker n weaker, went to the Dr. and straight to the emergency, then a room , which i had to stay in for a week on 24/7 oxygen. And I really didn't think I was " that sick"!!

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Morning REOVille. Where to begin....
Seems like Dennis had things stirred up the other night in here. And it seems like every time I get invited to a 'hangout' I am either asleep, on the Highway, or both. ;) Maybe one of these days I will actually make contact with some Reonaut again...
My annual exercise in self- torture, otherwise known as the "Equipment of the Year poll" is petering out fast this year. Reos mods was in first place again last time I did a tally...:cool:
Sitting here in Rockingham NC waiting to be unloaded. Maybe my people were wrong when they said "6am". Might be time to look for the hour of sleep I gave up to be here this early...

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread