Tilemahos new rebuildable part (springomizer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thank you buddy :)
you can make them by yourself, simply by buying this springy SS wire. You need of course some basic tools to do that. But I dont see any reason to spend your money and your time when spring costs 0,5 euros. Also your handmade springs will not be as good as the ones made on a factory like mines, and the external diameter will not be exactly at 3,6mm to fit well on the channels

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
What I think is so cool about this is almost unrelated to anything physical about it.
For however long now, Imeo's been steadfast in preaching the dangers of dry-burning. Some agree, some disagree but he's never wavered. Now he put his money where his mouth is and provided a means to do away with dry-burning forever. Just have a couple of springs laying around and pop a new one in while you clean the other.

I don't think I've ever jumped on the "Imeo's a genius" bandwagon until now. We've been surrounded by tiny little springs forever, sometimes it takes a genius to see the obvious!

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Imeo, you have done it again. Respect for you for innovation. Few people think outside the box. A lot of imitators these days.

Imeo i have a request. you know I like to have a lot of flexibility when building, that's why it is hard to accept things as they come. (diameter, width of wire, resistance etc...).

To make this perfect for me, I need you to produce different gauges/ranges of springs. So 0.4 to 1.4 is one range, but also with a thicker wire you can make 0.2 to 1 or 0.1 to 0.8. The reason i need this is because to get to the 0.4 with your current spring, the surface area that will be active will be very small. I hope you understand what i mean :) ( Keep it same diameter coil no problem)

steampop

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
uk
Imeo, you have done it again. Respect for you for innovation. Few people think outside the box. A lot of imitators these days.

Imeo i have a request. you know I like to have a lot of flexibility when building, that's why it is hard to accept things as they come. (diameter, width of wire, resistance etc...).

To make this perfect for me, I need you to produce different gauges/ranges of springs. So 0.4 to 1.4 is one range, but also with a thicker wire you can make 0.2 to 1 or 0.1 to 0.8. The reason i need this is because to get to the 0.4 with your current spring, the surface area that will be active will be very small. I hope you understand what i mean :) ( Keep it same diameter coil no problem)

Would running a 0.1Ω coil in a Tilemahos not also require much greater airflow and upgrading the insulators to PEEK to stop them from melting?

Personally I have no interest in this vaping style, I don't think its safe to push the batteries to such extremes. I was reading last night some guy only getting 6 inhales per 18650 battery on such as set up :lol:

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Would running a 0.1Ω coil in a Tilemahos not also require much greater airflow and upgrading the insulators to PEEK to stop them from melting?

Personally I have no interest in this vaping style, I don't think its safe to push the batteries to such extremes. I was reading last night some guy only getting 6 inhales per 18650 battery on such as set up :lol:

Greater airflow depends on vapor produced. Over heating depends on heat produced. The resistance of your coil have nothing to do with those 2 if you know what you're doing.

The only down side is the battery but yes there are batteries that can handle this low, or put batteries in parallel, or use regulated device etc....

My issue is not i want to use 0.1 ohms. my issue is if i want 0.4 i will have very few surface area of wire. i want at 0.5 or 0.6 to have the area between the posts almost covered with metal, like the 1.4 option that imeo showed.

Reactions: Gwido67

steampop

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
uk
I think with a bit of practice you could wrap coils for this out of the more springy wires to get the resistance you are looking for.

I'm going to reserve judgement until after I have actually had one for a little while and feel more comfortable talking about the merits and downsides though. Looking forward to getting my hands on one over the next couple of weeks :)

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
It's soooo simple and clever idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really can't imagine why nobody thought about it before!!!!

attachment.php

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

Thank you Aal:)
I totally understand. The different gauges will come in titanium. I am trying now to find the right supplier for it :)

Reactions: gratefulbuddy

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

no reason to put PEEK on Tilemahos steam. All plastics are far away from the coil. As for your vaping style, I agree. I usually vape at 0,6 ohms. But I understand Aal, so I will make different gauges.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I don't know but I was thinking the real low resistance's will come with the Titanium Wire this will give lots of coverage with the low resistance I may be wrong but I have actually already made a Ti spring to test it out. A temp control device and a Ti coil I think will be perfect. Just my thoughts.
thats true too Adam. Titanium spring at the same dimentions with SS will have 35 % less resistance

Reactions: AdamAnd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread