keeping it up(right)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blade_922

Oct 5, 2015
Okay not keeping that up.;) don't need ...... either.

I ment keeping your equipment upright all the time. I have a vivid ecigarette stick like thing with a clearomiser as well as an istick and kangertech tank.

How do you stop it leaking in your pocket when your sitting down? So far the vivid cig clearomiser has leaked juice in my pocket. Lucky I had it in a thin sealable airtight bag.

Is there any chance of the kangertech leaking when not upright?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Have a couple Kanger sub-tanks, neither leaks in any position. Many Kayfuns, no leaks. Kanger PT, PT2 (and Davide/Anyvape equivalents) and T3S - and they may weep a little when really low on juice.

But since they all depend on a slight vacuum over the liquid to prevent leaks, keeping them in a pocket while sitting can change the temp, and hence disturb that vacuum, resulting in leaks. So maybe just keep them in a place that isn't subject to such temp swings...

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    if a liquid has exposure to open air and is in a container that tilts, its gonna leak :)
    I have yet to find an atty that is leakproof

Oh-really!

P1010550.JPG

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    A tank shouldn't leak if the wicking is correct and there are no issues with it sealing (threading and o rings are good). If it does leak, there's a reason.

RDAs, gennys and gennyish RTAs will always be a possible issue if not kept mostly upright. Squonkers are generally ok as the excess liquid will drain back to the bottle, although excessive heat has been known to make them self squonk!

Also heat can thin your juice and a tank that never leaked before may start because your wicking was good for thicker juice. And elevation changes can cause a tank to lose vacuum. A tank with juice control can help if you're traveling by plane or through mountains because you can close it off. Or one that doesn't rely on vacuum like the Prometey or older Spheroids do fine with elevation changes.

WattWick

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Not that big of a deal really. Just stop sitting down. I hear it's bad for your health anyway. It's all the rage these days, stand-up desks and all.

On a more serious note I'm in the "my tanks don't leak crowd". Generally speaking, wicks should plug up their hole and (ideally) not draw liquids past the point of saturation. They may if they touch things like the side of your atty - which may wick liquids away from your wick. I'm not talking fitting the wick with a hammer. Just mentioning the middle ground between snug and loose. Then again, not all atties use wicks going through holes to move liquids from tank to vaporization chamber. Some simply use... well... holes. Then all bets are off until some resident expert on specific atties comes along.

As for drippers: bring a towel or a sponge.

WattWick

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    RDAs, gennys and gennyish RTAs will always be a possible issue if not kept mostly upright.

Gennie brigade to defensive positions!
    Gennies are good. Gennies are great.

Trick is to reduce any open deck holes to a size where air comes in but liquids can't get out. Nozzles off of some of them plastic liquid bottles makes for great deck hole plugs.

Reactions: roxynoodle

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I've got two clearo's, and I've not had any leak problems. I don't put a vape in my pocket, ever, though. I do have one of these cases - MFS E-Cig Pouch w/ Belt Clip - Cases & Stands - Batteries & Mods - MyFreedomSmokes, actually both the large and small versions of it, and if my vape isn't in my hand it's most probably in one of these cases. I have both an X7 battery and a 134 mini, these both stand fairly well if I have to put them on a flat surface.

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    Okay not keeping that up.;) don't need ...... either.

I ment keeping your equipment upright all the time. I have a vivid ecigarette stick like thing with a clearomiser as well as an istick and kangertech tank.

How do you stop it leaking in your pocket when your sitting down? So far the vivid cig clearomiser has leaked juice in my pocket. Lucky I had it in a thin sealable airtight bag.

Is there any chance of the kangertech leaking when not upright?

you can store bottom coil clearos upside down to keep them from leaking.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Over the years I have accumulated deco coffee mugs. I put a piece of folded paper towel in the bottom and stick my active one(s) in those. Places like the nightstand, workbench, living room, etc.

I really don't have leaking issue, but I hate it when one of the cats knocks them over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread