Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Mornin' Pop. Big ol' hug. Did you and yours manage to avoid any major flooding?

No flooding, but the yard is a swamp, and the winds shredded the old patio umbrella. Got off lucky compared to the poor souls down around Charleston SC. They are having a tough time down in that area

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
definately know about those simple fixes.... plumbing is probably the most obnoxious of the bunch...
most "customers" only see the one minor part that is causing the problem.... and sure as the sun rises, they are gonna tell me

"all yagottadoiz"... thats when I give then the tool I'm holding... if one part is rotten, the rest of them are too...
what I really love is when a "customer" starts the job, bungs it up and then calls me... had one time when a guy tried to change out a leaky valve under the sink... he went to remove the valve, cracked the pipe, left the threads in the elbow... required opening up the wall, changing out 6 feet of pipe 2 elbows 2 close cut nipples and a valve.
all that needed to be done was to change the seat ( rubber disc) in the valve.... a 30 cent part and 20 minutes of work but turned into 70+$ for materials and 6 hours of work

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Morning army. Wasn't awake yet and posted in the hardware thread, oops. Still not awake. Bronchitis I think again, darn petri dish kids bringing everything home from school. Hope all have a good day
cant quite understand why people go to work sick or send kids to school sick.... one day some parent is going to send their kid to school sick and its gonna start the Zombie Apocolypse.... then we will have a bunch of zombie kids trying to kill us...

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
cant quite understand why people go to work sick or send kids to school sick.... one day some parent is going to send their kid to school sick and its gonna start the Zombie Apocolypse.... then we will have a bunch of zombie kids trying to kill us...
Well here they are only allowed a very small amount of sick days in school, any more than 3 unexcused absences and 4-5 excused with doctor notes and the police and child services get involved. We are in the 3rd month of the school year and she's already been absent twice without a doctors note because of being sick but I have to keep sending her no matter what. And as for work, this is my last week so I am gonna just have to get it over with. Not to mention a doc note for her costs me $45 in copays for them to tell me what I already know, give her rest and fluids etc etc

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
leave it up to the government to dictate how many days your kid can be sick enuf to stay home but not sick enuf to warrant a Dr's visit.... as far as I know, there still isnt a cure for the cold or flu... just preventative measures which dont work 1/2 the time anyway...

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014

I'm confused. Didn't that already happen? ;)

Well here they are only allowed a very small amount of sick days in school, any more than 3 unexcused absences and 4-5 excused with doctor notes and the police and child services get involved. We are in the 3rd month of the school year and she's already been absent twice without a doctors note because of being sick but I have to keep sending her no matter what. And as for work, this is my last week so I am gonna just have to get it over with. Not to mention a doc note for her costs me $45 in copays for them to tell me what I already know, give her rest and fluids etc etc

It's taking copious amounts of self-control to not go off on a rant about this! It's one of the most boneheaded moves made by the schools - and that's saying something. I was in the same boat as you. Who can afford that? Then you get all those little fees for things! One required project cost over $60 in materials! Meanwhile, the football stadium gets $$$$ in updates and improvements. Ugh. Okay, stopping now. Feel better soon! {{{{ Always }}}}

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Hey check out my new mod! They call it "The Flusher". It's got a super wide, ½ inch, drip tip, spring loaded power button and big azz ½ inch air intake on the side adjustable by closing off with your finger... ;) Batteries not included.

Photo on 10-8-15 at 1.32 AM.jpg

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I went through that with my daughter. My kids had a sitter, and between school, and her grandson, somebody was sick constantly. My daughter and son back then had a lot of illness, in a short time frame. She missed a few days of school due to one thing. It was a rare, vascular type problem. Total she missed 10 days I think for the year. They tried to give me a hard time about it. I told them you need to speak to her doctor. She will set you straight. I cannot help it if my daughter is ill. Then when she got that flu bug or whatever, that just pushed her over the top. This is entirely different than allowing your kid to stay home because they said they didn't feel good. If my kids are running fever, or are contagious, they stay home. Not only was the school giving me grief, I had it from my job too. They wonder why people stay stressed out? I don't. It never seems to end. Not everyone can just afford to run to the doctor all the time. Many times I've been more than ill enough to go, but stay home instead. Now instead of co-pay they want all the money up front. The doc is 200 bucks. My deductible has tripled. I know I am not alone in this. I feel sorry for parents now. I don't know how they keep their sanity these days.

Users who are viewing this thread