• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: Week 77

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Matthew 5:8 (KJV)
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
– 1 Corinthians 1:8-9

Reactions: Saintscruiser

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Matthew 5:8 (KJV)
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
– 1 Corinthians 1:8-9

I can't add one thing as both of these are easily understood!!! Yeah!!

Reactions: VapinBill

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Matthew 16:25 (KJV)
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

And the king communed with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king. And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm.
– Daniel 1:19-20

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

That reminds me of a video I watch only yesterday.

Are you a fan or follower of Jesus.

They explained it very simply by saying.

Do you go to church on Sunday and forget about Jesus the rest of the week?
    Do you pickup your Bible once and a while and say this stuff doesn't fit for today and put it down?
    Do you go out on weekends and put Jesus in a draw until Monday?

Are you following Jesus as the disciples following Jesus?

Last edited:

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    2 Peter 3:8 (KJV)
    But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
    – Psalm 40:1-3

Reactions: mightymen

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi

As I read this, I couldn't help but think of the college shooting this past week. One of the contestants on Dancing with the Stars is one of the 3 men who jumped on that terrorist in France. He attended that college and is planning to go back and get his degree. Now there was an attempt on one of the 3's life today....yesterday? He is in critical condition and we need to keep all of these men and families in prayer. In a hand basket, you guys....in a hand basket. satan and his band of demons and devils are working overtime....24/7. Jesus overcame the world....don't forget that. satan only got 1/3 of the angels....we have 2/3's, Praise God, Bless His Holy Name!:closedeyes:

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Hebrews 10:26-27 (KJV)
    For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power.
    – Ephesians 1:18-19

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Yes I do agree what would I have said in that situation facing death, though I doubt that the shooter knew what a Christian is. So obvious the shooter was asking a question based on how he perceived/understood what a Christian is again I doubt I could answer knowing he doesn't know. Serious and honestly I would have to ask him first what is a Christian.

The results might be the same or maybe not but I will not willfully renounce Jesus my Lord.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Yes I do agree what would I have said in that situation facing death, though I doubt that the shooter knew what a Christian is. So obvious the shooter was asking a question based on how he perceived/understood what a Christian is again I doubt I could answer knowing he doesn't know. Serious and honestly I would have to ask him first what is a Christian.

The results might be the same or maybe not but I will not willfully renounce Jesus my Lord.

Good reply. And there were many interesting comments on a news site I saw.

Is a situational verbal response the same as a "change of heart?".

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Good reply. And there were many interesting comments on a news site I saw.

Is a situational verbal response the same as a "change of heart?".
    I've thought of that very thing last year.

Upon completing my research in the scripture.

I'm 100% assured that God searches the inner parts of man heart and knows the heart of man. Therefore can our hearts renounce Jesus, I don't think or rather I can NOT because it became my nature to acknowledge Jesus and I can't help myself. The flesh can die but the spirit lives on. So though the response of the flesh may differ the heart acknowledge Jesus. I am assured of my salvation because I believe/trust in Jesus, I'm not in control, I'm a follower of Jesus, God is in control and we have many promises in the Bible from God.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Not only the disciples but many other followers of Jesus faced death for being followers of Jesus from being dragged to death cooked alive and set on fire to lite walk areas, no there wasn't guns back then but the fear of death has always been around and the same question as asked 2000 years ago is still being asked are you a CHRISTIAN. Jesus wasn't nailed to the cross because He was a bad guy or a thief or murder it was because of His teachings and like Jesus people were not killed because who they are but for what Christianity is the teaching of Jesus.

Early Christians sometimes faced persecution and even death for their beliefs. Many were tortured first; some were not. Of Jesus’s 11 disciples (not counting Judas) Peter, Simon the Zealot, Phillip, Jude the brother of James, and Andrew were all crucified in various parts of the world. Peter requested to be crucified upside down, a request the Romans were only too happy to grant. Andrew’s cross was in the shape of an X, which is now called St. Andrew’s Cross and appears on the Scottish flag.

This list contains 10 of the most bizarre and painful methods of torture inflicted upon the Christians of antiquity through the Early Middle Ages. Much of this information has been gleaned from John Foxe’s Book of Martyrs and corroborated elsewhere.
    http://listverse.com/2013/09/24/10-horrifying-tortures-of-early-christians/

Last edited:

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Matthew 11:25 (KJV)
    At that time Jesus answered and said, "I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes."

Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it. Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and to morrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee. Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.
    – Proverbs 3:27-29

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread