Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Super battery. Just watch for pitting on the positive terminal, which can be exacerbated by lower resistance builds and button pressing technique. Deoxit gold applied to the connections, including the batteries helps a ton with this potential issue.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
With even meticulousky maintained contacts, flat tops - both the 25r and the AW 3000 are the only batteries that consistently arc on my REOs. I get zero arcing from AW 1600 and 2200 button tops. For that reason I don't use em in my REOs. I can't notice any difference in battery life above 3.8 between the AW or the Sammys but I ain't really counting either.

EZinTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2014
Johnson City, TN
I don't have any problems with flat tops in my Grand, but I do in both of my Woodvilles. They have too much play or not enough contact, take your pick, either way my flat tops - 25Rs and vtc5s - move off the positive contact when I close the door. I was using a magnet on top of the battery to give it a wider footprint and maintain contact, but I recently got some LG HE2s which are 2500mah button tops. The button catches in the center of the contact and doesn't slip off like my flats were. I also got some HG2s and they are around .5mm wider than my Sammys and Sonys and also have a slightly wider positive, so they might work too, been using them in other mods. I'm gonna get more of the HE2s and use them in my Grand too, if for no other reason than to shorten the throw and to use the style of battery the mod was designed for. Anyway, my point is the LG HE2s (red) are a good 2500mah, 20+ amp button tops, got mine from Illumn for less than 6 bucks.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
With even meticulousky maintained contacts, flat tops - both the 25r and the AW 3000 are the only batteries that consistently arc on my REOs. I get zero arcing from AW 1600 and 2200 button tops. For that reason I don't use em in my REOs. I can't notice any difference in battery life above 3.8 between the AW or the Sammys but I ain't really counting either.
Easily solved - door magnet dead center of positive contact. Been doing it for a couple weeks, zero arcing - in fact, if anything, it seems like the voltage drop may be improved? All I know is - for Sloth - AW's are now backups only, and I should get myself an 18650 flashlight or two to make better use of em :)

ETA to make clear that my battery of choice ain't a Sammy, it's an LG 3000MAH flattop. The battery life far exceeds my AWs though I haven't tried the AW3000 :)

ETA -- forgot I've got laser pointers that take 18650s. Any laser fanatics out there?

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Easily solved - door magnet dead center of positive contact. Been doing it for a couple weeks, zero arcing - in fact, if anything, it seems like the voltage drop may be improved? All I know is - for Sloth - AW's are now backups only, and I should get myself an 18650 flashlight or two to make better use of em :)

ETA to make clear that my battery of choice ain't a Sammy, it's an LG 3000MAH flattop. The battery life far exceeds my AWs though I haven't tried the AW3000 :)

ETA -- forgot I've got laser pointers that take 18650s. Any laser fanatics out there?

image.jpg

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I have been running the same 4 samsung flat tops for nearly a year and have not had any arcing issues. Ie no pitting and no buildup on the contact as long as I give them a swipe of deoxit a couple of times a month.

I rarely saw any arcing in my entire career until I started to drop down to around 0.7 ohms and below. Nowadays, where my builds are - around 0.4, flat tops, wether treated with deoxit or not (contacts clean either way) arc every press of the switch. Button tops - not at all.

It may not be apparent unless you take the mod into a dark place and fire it and it's probably not happening if you are Vaping above 1 ohm.

Reactions: K31Scout

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com

Great suggestion brother. I tried it and it did eliminate the arc but I was having second thoughts about having the magnet on top. It just seemed like it would be possible for the magnet to shift and allow the contact to stick - dunno but it just felt a lil sketchy to a brother. Since I usually change bottle and batteries around 1/2 way thru the bottle, the AWs are gonna have to continue to Kick Ayuss.

Yeah I hear ya on the Sammy 25rs - thanks to you my man (damn enabler) I've got some Sammy 30Q's due to hit today for other mods. Mooch thinks they are about the same as the HG's as apparently you bought all the HGs didn't ya :).

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I just checked my Sammy's in the dark closet and I'm not getting any arcing at .8oms and .5 ohms. They are both single coils at the moment. I use Deoxit Gold in the little bottle and maybe I put it on thicker than the pen? I change them out daily and Deoxit once a week if I remember.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I just checked my Sammy's in the dark closet and I'm not getting any arcing at .8oms and .5 ohms. They are both single coils at the moment. I use Deoxit Gold in the little bottle and maybe I put it on thicker than the pen? I change them out daily and Deoxit once a week if I remember.

Man, that's awesome. I get sick arcing. Lemme check out a brand new flat top that hasn't been hit with any other contacts ... BRB :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I run all flat: Samsungs and a couple new LG HG2's, vape around 0.5 in a Reo Grand and in Woodvils, and never get ANY arcing. I just used deoxit today, TINY TINY amount, like using a qtip to share 1 drop with 2 batteries. And found a TINY TINY bit of "dark" came off the + side of one Samsung. That's it.

Must be your "electric" personality.
Or your springs.
:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread