Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
I went through that with my daughter. My kids had a sitter, and between school, and her grandson, somebody was sick constantly. My daughter and son back then had a lot of illness, in a short time frame. She missed a few days of school due to one thing. It was a rare, vascular type problem. Total she missed 10 days I think for the year. They tried to give me a hard time about it. I told them you need to speak to her doctor. She will set you straight. I cannot help it if my daughter is ill. Then when she got that flu bug or whatever, that just pushed her over the top. This is entirely different than allowing your kid to stay home because they said they didn't feel good. If my kids are running fever, or are contagious, they stay home. Not only was the school giving me grief, I had it from my job too. They wonder why people stay stressed out? I don't. It never seems to end. Not everyone can just afford to run to the doctor all the time. Many times I've been more than ill enough to go, but stay home instead. Now instead of co-pay they want all the money up front. The doc is 200 bucks. My deductible has tripled. I know I am not alone in this. I feel sorry for parents now. I don't know how they keep their sanity these days.
It's exhausting. I don't know how anyone balances kids and work, day care costs more than most people make, then what do you do on snow days/ sick days/ early release days? Jobs don't like you being off work for these things, and most are very inflexible on hours. I don't know how people do it at all.

As for me, I'm going back to stay at home mom because nothing else works. Will try to look into work from home stuff or something, but I doubt I'm qualified for anything. Honestly trying to make this job work with our family has been a nightmare

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hey check out my new mod! They call it "The Flusher". It's got a super wide, ½ inch, drip tip, spring loaded power button and big azz ½ inch air intake on the side adjustable by closing off with your finger... ;) batteries not included.

View attachment 496744
Mama must be out today. I don't see any welts on your face.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
It's exhausting. I don't know how anyone balances kids and work, day care costs more than most people make, then what do you do on snow days/ sick days/ early release days? Jobs don't like you being off work for these things, and most are very inflexible on hours. I don't know how people do it at all.

As for me, I'm going back to stay at home mom because nothing else works. Will try to look into work from home stuff or something, but I doubt I'm qualified for anything. Honestly trying to make this job work with our family has been a nightmare
At least you tried Always. And the kids get their mommy back. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Had an odd encounter today. Picked up a few things at Home Depot. I was parked in the outer regions. Loading up the truck and I hear this lady on the other side talking to me. A heavyset, black lady...decently dressed and well spoken. I can't hear a thing she says. So I approach her car...carefully (I don't trust anyone). She sees I'm being careful and says, "I'm not a weirdo". I get to her window and she's crying. She's holding a credit card and said her ex (who lives nearby) punched her and she has her 8-month old baby in the back seat and needs to get back to Texas but doesn't have any money for gas and asked if I could give her some money and help her out because she was afraid. She said her credit card wasn't any good. I had lots of practice casing out people back in my undergrad days in Chicago where I encountered a lot of street bums. So I cased her using similar techniques (ask lots of questions, repeat them at different times, etc.). Where are you from, where are you going, why are you here, why can't your parents help you, has he hit you before (yes, he hits her frequently when she sees him), is the child his, blah, blah, blah. She answered all my questions crisply (between her tears) and never contradicted herself. I saw the welt on her arm where she said she got hit. I looked at her fuel gauge and it was barely above empty. I stared in her eyes and made sure she wasn't drunk or stoned. Her baby was crying in the back seat. It seemed legit but one never knows. If it was a con job then she did a good job. Basically, it boiled down to what I could live with. I couldn't live with myself knowing this desperate woman really needed help and I didn't do it...ESPECIALLY with a baby involved. I could live with myself if I found out she conned me (though I would be angry). So I gave her what cash I had in my wallet. Around $20 in 5's and 1's. And I almost NEVER have cash in my wallet. It was her lucky day. But before I gave it to her I was gonna get my two cents in. So I gave her a terse lecture about how that man was never gonna stop hitting her and she's being stupid for coming here. I was honest and told her I cared most about the security of her baby (which was true). I told her at least four times with stern voice, "GO HOME, AND NEVER COME BACK HERE"! I gave her the cash, held her hand and said good luck, godspeed...go home! She thanked me while still crying. I left but hung around a shopping center across the street to see what she would do. Sure enough, she went to the gas station and was putting gas in her car. $20 wont get her back to Texas but it will get her started. She said her parents were working to get her money for gas on her way home.

I know being hard on her isn't very nice but with a baby the last place anyone needs to be is with an abuser. Anywhere else has to be a better place. I know my terse lecture wont mean a hill of beans to her, but if by small chance it put any fear into her then it would have been worth it. At least for the baby's sake. I hope she is OK.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Had an odd encounter today. Picked up a few things at Home Depot. I was parked in the outer regions. Loading up the truck and I hear this lady on the other side talking to me. A heavyset, black lady...decently dressed and well spoken. I can't hear a thing she says. So I approach her car...carefully (I don't trust anyone). She sees I'm being careful and says, "I'm not a weirdo". I get to her window and she's crying. She's holding a credit card and said her ex (who lives nearby) punched her and she has her 8-month old baby in the back seat and needs to get back to Texas but doesn't have any money for gas and asked if I could give her some money and help her out because she was afraid. She said her credit card wasn't any good. I had lots of practice casing out people back in my undergrad days in Chicago where I encountered a lot of street bums. So I cased her using similar techniques (ask lots of questions, repeat them at different times, etc.). Where are you from, where are you going, why are you here, why can't your parents help you, has he hit you before (yes, he hits her frequently when she sees him), is the child his, blah, blah, blah. She answered all my questions crisply (between her tears) and never contradicted herself. I saw the welt on her arm where she said she got hit. I looked at her fuel gauge and it was barely above empty. I stared in her eyes and made sure she wasn't drunk or stoned. Her baby was crying in the back seat. It seemed legit but one never knows. If it was a con job then she did a good job. Basically, it boiled down to what I could live with. I couldn't live with myself knowing this desperate woman really needed help and I didn't do it...ESPECIALLY with a baby involved. I could live with myself if I found out she conned me (though I would be angry). So I gave her what cash I had in my wallet. Around $20 in 5's and 1's. And I almost NEVER have cash in my wallet. It was her lucky day. But before I gave it to her I was gonna get my two cents in. So I gave her a terse lecture about how that man was never gonna stop hitting her and she's being stupid for coming here. I was honest and told her I cared most about the security of her baby (which was true). I told her at least four times with stern voice, "GO HOME, AND NEVER COME BACK HERE"! I gave her the cash, held her hand and said good luck, godspeed...go home! She thanked me while still crying. I left but hung around a shopping center across the street to see what she would do. Sure enough, she went to the gas station and was putting gas in her car. $20 wont get her back to Texas but it will get her started. She said her parents were working to get her money for gas on her way home.

I know being hard on her isn't very nice but with a baby the last place anyone needs to be is with an abuser. Anywhere else has to be a better place. I know my terse lecture wont mean a hill of beans to her, but if by small chance it put any fear into her then it would have been worth it. At least for the baby's sake. I hope she is OK.

You are a Good Man :wub:

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Not yet Hula. The FT shipment hould be getting here this week sometime this week.

BTW - that "mod" in the pic wasn't shipped, it came from the bathroom. LOL

Too funny! I thought I recognized it from when our building decided to knock down everyone's bathroom walls to replace pipes. I was smarter than most (for once) and wanted to replace the bath/shower attachments - faucet, hot/cold/shower/bath dial, shower head and pipe. I managed to find the exact same set online in brand new condition (the original bath faucet had big gobs of nasty calcium deposit buildup and was truly gross). Had it all ready, so the plumbers put it in for me, which is good. It's an older condo so the original attachments can only be replaced with…..you guessed it…..the original attachments. Hmm….maybe the government better put a sin tax on bathroom fittings, because after all, as proved by photo, we could actually use them for vaping…..On the other hand, you'd need gallon jugs of HHV to fill that one up! ROFL

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Hey check out my new mod! They call it "The Flusher". It's got a super wide, ½ inch, drip tip, spring loaded power button and big azz ½ inch air intake on the side adjustable by closing off with your finger... ;) Batteries not included.

View attachment 496744
what kind of "juice" does it use??? ;)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

Like Bronze said, at least you tried. I Mom had the same problem and that was what, 30 years ago. She had a part time job at a local news paper; had to give it up for us kids, 4 boys at that time.

Mama must be out today. I don't see any welts on your face.

That's because this mod is not e-cig related. Take a good look at it, Bronze. Those are ½ inch pipes on the end and side. I thought naming it the flusher was a dead give away.

Just spent way too much at the vape shop... Oopsie hehe
So did I, well not too much, only $54. Still waiting for the package.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Bronze, that was real nice of you. There are so many now that will lie about that stuff. I had a guy do that to me at the library a few years ago. He was driving a Lexus or something like that. Gave me a sob story. He wanted my address to pay me back. HA. I never got a penny back. It was for his kid's medication. This is the kind of thing where you want to help people, but not crooks. If they are really in need, I can just give them a few bucks. He got like 20 from me. I thought well I will get it back, he seems well to do. The funny thing is, I drive an old truck, and am not well off by any wild stretch of the imagination. But I wouldn't be able to live with myself, if someone really needed help, and I said no. I have given small amounts of money to different people over the years. Not as much now, as in the past. A friend said why are you doing that? They could just go to the homeless shelter and get food, or whatever. But I deep down thought it was a religious test. I did not want to disappoint. The way things are now, so many will prey on people who have a good decent heart. I think you did the right thing. I hope she was not telling you a big lie. Regardless you had to follow your heart. Let her live with the guilt if she lied. You will sleep better tonight regardless.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
what kind of "juice" does it use??? ;)
Had an odd encounter today. Picked up a few things at Home Depot. I was parked in the outer regions. Loading up the truck and I hear this lady on the other side talking to me. A heavyset, black lady...decently dressed and well spoken. I can't hear a thing she says. So I approach her car...carefully (I don't trust anyone).************************************************************************** ***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
That was nice of you, Bronze. :thumb:
There are lots of folks who would take advantage of you. I've been there too, it's hard to trust some folks.

Mama Chak is always on my case for giving change to beggars here. A lot of times they are homeless kids or other unfortunates that are being forced into it by a pimp (for lack of a better word). He or she gets most of the cash and the kids see next to nothing.

So I ask her how can you tell if they're working for someone else. She says, you can't unless you follow them all day; that's why I never give any of them money. My reply is, at least my heart is in the right place and the man upstairs is watching me. The Thais would say they are making merit for the next life; guess I'm making it for the life hereafter.

Last edited:

underd0g

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
MN
@ Bronze Thats a good thing you did today, er um yesterday now. I'm a little less skeptical as I get older when it comes to helping people. I used to give out cash but started carrying around gift cards to avoid the possibility it might get used for drugs or alcohol.
Also I personally would have called the police and had them come to the parking lot where you were to MAKE her file a report. This way, theres a record of what transpired, especially with that baby in her care. Anyway you're blessed for having a heart, stay unjaded :)

Sent from my  ☏

underd0g

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
MN
Like Bronze said, at least you tried. I Mom had the same problem and that was what, 30 years ago. She had a part time job at a local news paper; had to give it up for us kids, 4 boys at that time.

That's because this mod is not e-cig related. Take a good look at it, Bronze. Those are ½ inch pipes on the end and side. I thought naming it the flusher was a dead give away.

So did I, well not too much, only $54. Still waiting for the package.

I'm down $225 today, I've spent my vape budget for the next 3 months in advance. Oh well, I see it as an investment in my health and prolonged life for my children's benefit.
That's a good justification right? hehe

Sent from my  ☏

underd0g

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
MN
Well folks, I'm finally done buying juice out of the need to have nicotine, I successfully weaned myself all the way down to zero in the last two years. If memory serves me right I started at 24mg and stepped down an average of 4mg every 120 days.
From now on I'll be vaping for pleasure instead of HAVING TO NEED NICOTINE which I loath the tobacco companies for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread