Tilemahos new rebuildable part (springomizer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
Now you need to create a coil jig, like the kuro coiler, so those of us with hundreds of meters of wire on spools don't have to throw it all away :(

How does this work with temp control? I think that because the connection isn't secure it might not be very reliable. Am I mistaken? Have you tested it?

Sorry if you already addressed this in your video - it's loud at work and I couldn't hear everything!

Reactions: imeothanasis

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
kd, Bish asked me exactly the same thing via pm! lol

My answer was exactly this:

the spring is never loose and it always has the same ohm reading because of 3 reasons:

1. Spring's tension make spring always sit tight on the channels
2. I made the distance between spring's threads smaller than the width of the metal part that goes inside its threads, so it sits even more tight.
3. I made the external diameter of the spring a little bigger than the channel where it sits, so it goes tight inside channels but because it is spring it doesnt deform permanently.

As you see, the spring sits really tight in place :)

I have tested about 30 wires and the ohm reading is exactly the same all the time.

On video I said that the spring is the ideal solution for Temp Control devices because it doesnt have legs that go red hot all the time with a result of burned taste, producing acrolein, formaldehyde and achetaldeyde that are poisons for our body.

I couldnt make an invention that will not include the upcoming Proteus that is by the way patented back at 2012 :)

Last edited:

larspMuc

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Hi Imeo,
could you please make it so that this new respringable part ;) already includes at least one spring when buying to avoid situations when the respringable part is available at the reseller but the springs are not?
I think everyone on this board would agree with that and accept a higher price if necessary.
BR,
-lars.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hi Imeo,
could you please make it so that this new respringable part ;) already includes at least one spring when buying to avoid situations when the respringable part is available at the reseller but the springs are not?
I think everyone on this board would agree with that and accept a higher price if necessary.
BR,
-lars.

it cant be in a different way Lars! Of course I will include 1 spring with every new rebuildable part :)

Reactions: larspMuc

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
My issue is not i want to use 0.1 ohms. my issue is if i want 0.4 i will have very few surface area of wire. i want at 0.5 or 0.6 to have the area between the posts almost covered with metal, like the 1.4 option that imeo showed.

Aal, I forgot to tell you that I had found the way to make the resistance very small and at the same time the threads of the wire can stay the same as if you had made a big resistance. I forgot the trick because I had found it a long time ago lol

Put 2 springs, one inside the other :)

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Aal, I forgot to tell you that I had found the way to make the resistance very small and at the same time the threads of the wire can stay the same as if you had made a big resistance. I forgot the trick because I had found it a long time ago lol

Put 2 springs, one inside the other :)
Bravo imeo :D. This would be equivalent to parallel coil. Which is a very good coil!

(But still make different later gauges :D)

Reactions: Corona Doble

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Very interesting rebuildable. I wonder if there is a difference in the vape. I'd prefer a Titanium spring and if I'm going to use SS I would need to know what type it is to find its temperature coefficient.
Thank you Seek.
All SS have almost the same temp coeff.. As for Titanium springs, I am talking with China the last 10 days.

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
Imeo - since health is also a primary concern why not use something like 316LVM SS or 317L for maximum biocompatibility? Is 302 good enough? I personally would be glad to pay a little more for better quality wire.

I know you mentioned titanium as the next option, but will there be any other options? Like NiFe30 (Dicodes resistherm-type wire) perhaps?

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
Simply Brilliant!!!! I have been looking at the picture you posted before the video. Saying to myself...How the hell does this thing work? Now like many other of your products, after I see you putting the spring in, it makes everything so simple.
Thank you, yet once again!!! Like someone else said... You are the modern day Davinci for the electronic cigarette world.

I think I speak for many people when I say how much you are respected and valued here. I am not sure if I would enjoy another product as much as I enjoy GG, if you were not here.

cheering_minions.gif

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Actually the range is quite large, which is very important for TC devices. I can't wait to try them both though. I would have like it if you showed us how it vaped though in the video. :D
video is ready. I will upload it in a while Seek :)

As for the link you send me with the values, my values are different. I did a huge search about it and I dont agree with F1. We are close of course but not exactly the same. But be sure that these values are not enough to make a difference on vaping. For example, the difference between SS304 and SS316 is about 10 Celsious degrees. Today's temp devices are way far from being accurate. Most of them are out of control at 50-60 degrees. So the difference of 10 degrees is not important

Last edited:
Reactions: Steelshade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread