Dna 40 or Dna 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud_Chaser

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Central Missouri
Hey guys, I haven't been on the forums in a while. since my Vapor Shark dna 30 bit the dust several months ago, I am looking to get another box mod. I am wanting to get into temp control and Nickel builds, and my question is, "What is the difference between the 40 and the 200?". I am not wanting to spend over 150.00 unless I have to, which is why I am leaning towards and dna 40 device instead of a 200, unless the 200 has some amazing features.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
One word of caution with the Hcigars, and buying them under the MAP, you have no manufacturer warranty at that point. Take that for what you will, personally it wouldn't bother me much, because I doubt I would deal with a Chinese manufacturer for warranty support anyway, but some consider it a deal breaker.

They are cheap because the vendors buy them in bulk, and are undercutting the MAP.

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
Careful if you get it from that e cig city because that will void the hcigar warranty. The board may still be warrantied through evolv but not 100%. I would just double check but someone called and said there would not be a warranty if it was purchased at that price. Hcigar set up a msrp and it can't be lower then 159.99 or no warranty. By the way I own the VT200 and I love it it's well worth the 160.

Cloud_Chaser

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Central Missouri
I will be doing more than nickel builds.. I was just wanting a tank and nickel heads for when I'm lazy or when I am somewhere that I don't feel like carrying juice around to drip. Which makes me wonder,, have you all tried the premade Ti coils for the TFV4?

As for the warranty thing, that doesn't really bother me.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I will be doing more than nickel builds.. I was just wanting a tank and nickel heads for when I'm lazy or when I am somewhere that I don't feel like carrying juice around to drip. Which makes me wonder,, have you all tried the premade Ti coils for the TFV4?

As for the warranty thing, that doesn't really bother me.
I haven't tried the TFV4 premade coils at all, I've just been using the single coil RBA head it comes with in the full kit. Sorry, can't really comment on the stock coils, Ti, or otherwise. I've heard good things about them, just no personal experience.

Another tank people like that has ni200 coils available is the UWell Crown. The stock VW coils are SS316, which allegedly work to some degree (from what I've read in the Crown thread on this forum) with the DNA200 using a custom TCR curve. The Crown is a bit cheaper than the TFV4 generally, and replacement coils are cheaper too, its also 22mm diameter vs the 24.5mm diameter on the TFV4 if that matters to you at all.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I am also thinking about caving and might be willing to spend more money.. What is the best dna 200 device that you all know of, like battery life best designed, etc.
Really depends on what you're after. Is size a factor? Better battery life is going to mean a larger mod. There are a bunch hitting the market right now, with more to come.

I think the VT200 has a nice compromise of size, and battery life. Some people don't like the smooth finish, or brass 510 housing. VS200 is nice, compact, lightweight, but has one of the smallest battery capacities, 3S 900mah. Those would be my first two choices of the mass produced in China mods, other descent notables may be the Hotcig DNA200 with disrupter style (removable) lipos, the Cigreen with its 1500mah battery (its big and ugly though). The Boxer is nice if you don't mind 3D printed, available in a lipo config, or dual 18650.

Reactions: Landman

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread