GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dontknow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Devon
How does this work?
My Spheroid suddenly started producing a horrible burnt taste. I refilled it - it was the same. I recoiled it (5 or6 times) it was the same. Devoid of other ideas I decided to change the fluff - Bingo!
It's going like a Boeing again! The question is - why?
It seems like the fluff stopped feeding the wick. Could it have been clogged? I just don't get it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
The amount / density of the fluff that you use depends on the thickness of the juice that you are using. If you are using a thick juice you may need less fluff. If you are experiencing wicking problems you may want to try to trim off some of your fluff.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
How does this work?
My Spheroid suddenly started producing a horrible burnt taste. I refilled it - it was the same. I recoiled it (5 or6 times) it was the same. Devoid of other ideas I decided to change the fluff - Bingo!
It's going like a Boeing again! The question is - why?
It seems like the fluff stopped feeding the wick. Could it have been clogged? I just don't get it...
When your wick burnt it left residues in the chamber - and those alongwith putrid gasses got engulfed with the filler. Which continued to deliver the same burnt taste. You replaced it, cleaned up the innards - and all's good all over again.

Dontknow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Devon
When your wick burnt it left residues in the chamber - and those alongwith putrid gasses got engulfed with the filler. Which continued to deliver the same burnt taste. You replaced it, cleaned up the innards - and all's good all over again.
Thank you Mr Q. That makes absolute sense.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Ok, put all the metal parts in boiling water with a drop of detergent or boil them in hot milk for a while, without the plastic parts and the O-rings and then build it again. You'll be amazed with the difference in taste :)
Hi Perseus,
My new Piccoloid arrived today. I've always loved my first Piccolo/Spheroid combination, and am looking forward to trying the new one fluffless, though I have nothing but compliments on using the old one with fluff.
My questions relates to cleaning it with boiling milk. Try as I could, with splintered fingernails, I couldn't pry off the o-rings to give it a boiling milk bath. I didn't want to use a sharp edge to get the o-rings off, not wanting to tear them.
What's the trick in removing them so as to try the milk bath?

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Just received my Piccoloid v2 and am loving it. Side question, did your guy's come with a 510 adapter? I thought it said it came with the piccoloid but maybe not as I did not get one.

Hi buddy,

Congrats for your Piccoloid! The 510 adapter is an extra part which can be purchased additionally during the order or after.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hi Perseus,
My new Piccoloid arrived today. I've always loved my first Piccolo/Spheroid combination, and am looking forward to trying the new one fluffless, though I have nothing but compliments on using the old one with fluff.
My questions relates to cleaning it with boiling milk. Try as I could, with splintered fingernails, I couldn't pry off the o-rings to give it a boiling milk bath. I didn't want to use a sharp edge to get the o-rings off, not wanting to tear them.
What's the trick in removing them so as to try the milk bath?

Hello my friend! You're going to love this one too :)
As MsLoud said, use your fingertips, you may try a needle perhaps, but it is easy to do it, you need steady dry fingers (or rubber gloves).

Volodhia

Sep 30, 2015
Hi Perseas,
I use my piccoloid v4 every day since last week, I would like to congratulate you for this amazing little classy device. One of the best vape I ever have, perfect engineering, design and machining...
I just have one little issue : I got little drops on the battery leeking through the hybrid connexion (approximately after one tank of vaping). Is that okay ?
IMG_20150928_122845.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hi Perseas,
I use my piccoloid v4 every day since last week, I would like to congratulate you for this amazing little classy device. One of the best vape I ever have, perfect engineering, design and machining...
I just have one little issue : I got little drops on the battery leeking through the hybrid connexion (approximately after one tank of vaping). Is that okay ? View attachment 496415

Thank you very much for the appreciation!
This happens due to over wicking, the chamber floods, then the juice leaks inside the housing and results into the GPin. Clean it thoroughly and pay attention to the density and quantity of the cotton, not to dense and preferably the coils to be 2,0-2,5 mm at most; 3,00+ mm coils create overflow and the ends have to be cut short.

Volodhia

Sep 30, 2015
Thank you very much for the appreciation!
This happens due to over wicking, the chamber floods, then the juice leaks inside the housing and results into the GPin. Clean it thoroughly and pay attention to the density and quantity of the cotton, not to dense and preferably the coils to be 2,0-2,5 mm at most; 3,00+ mm coils create overflow and the ends have to be cut short.
I make 2mm coils and use as few cotton as in the french review by Ar_H... But I'll try harder. Thanks!

I make 2mm coils and use as few cotton as in the french review by Ar_H... But I'll try harder. Thanks!

In this case, increase a bit the density of your cotton. The viscosity of your liquid is a factor too. A 50-70% PG based liquid requires more dense cotton.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Rubber gloves and pinch around them - maybe pinch is not the right word. Umm...finger and thumb on either side of the place where the oring is and pinch..grr wasnt finshed haha...anyways, push/pinch to make the oring stand out
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a shot when I next clean the Piccoloid.
And, I've always found vaping an extremely sensual experience. Your advice has made it an erotic one too. LOL.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I received my new Piccoloid and here are my thoughts.
First, I can't believe it's even shorter than my last Piccolo/Spheroid combination.
Second, regarding the driptip: I've come to prefer the feel of other-than-metal on my lips, so I appreciate the new tip. I understand why white was chosen, but esthetically I'd prefer clear (or black.)
Third, the fluffless build took me a couple of tries to get it right. (I think I have it right now.) The first attempt resulted in a great first toke and then a dry second hit. I figured I had too little cotton in (since there was no way I could have put less in, LOL.) I ended up trimming it a little more from the ends, and pointing the bits protruding from the cap upwards. That worked like a charm.
Fourth, I like the aeolipile on the spheroid. Always thought it was a beautiful and classy insignia. And, it lines up perfectly with the "GP" on the Piccolo!

This is a wonderful little mod. The draw is great. The vapor production is terrific. The flavor is superb.
I haven't fooled around much with the AFC. It's set open just a bit. I'll play more when I'm sure I've got the wicking under control.

All in all, this a great device. I think Qorax was right that the older Spheroid is still wonderful, but this new one is a wonder. My compliments to the GP crew.
Granted it ain't cheap, but worth every €.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
Volodhia, I am a disaster when I try to administrate our forum, I deleted accidentally your post while I was merging my responses ... If some day the whole forum is missing, it will be me fiddling with the editing :D

I adore you. You make me smile. :)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I received my new Piccoloid and here are my thoughts.
First, I can't believe it's even shorter than my last Piccolo/Spheroid combination.
Second, regarding the driptip: I've come to prefer the feel of other-than-metal on my lips, so I appreciate the new tip. I understand why white was chosen, but esthetically I'd prefer clear (or black.)
Third, the fluffless build took me a couple of tries to get it right. (I think I have it right now.) The first attempt resulted in a great first toke and then a dry second hit. I figured I had too little cotton in (since there was no way I could have put less in, LOL.) I ended up trimming it a little more from the ends, and pointing the bits protruding from the cap upwards. That worked like a charm.
Fourth, I like the aeolipile on the spheroid. Always thought it was a beautiful and classy insignia. And, it lines up perfectly with the "GP" on the Piccolo!

This is a wonderful little mod. The draw is great. The vapor production is terrific. The flavor is superb.
I haven't fooled around much with the AFC. It's set open just a bit. I'll play more when I'm sure I've got the wicking under control.

All in all, this a great device. I think Qorax was right that the older Spheroid is still wonderful, but this new one is a wonder. My compliments to the GP crew.
Granted it ain't cheap, but worth every €.

Thank you very much for the feedback and the continuous support!

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Rubber gloves and pinch around them - maybe pinch is not the right word. Umm...finger and thumb on either side of the place where the oring is and pinch..grr wasnt finshed haha...anyways, push/pinch to make the oring stand out
Just out of curiosity, while i was playing with my wick LOL, I tried your method. Worked so easy I couldn't believe it. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread