TC and RDA coil builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

manthe

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Winter Park, FL, USA
So dose TC work on them bigger coils like fuse Clapton and that kinda stuff with a RDA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As long as they're built with ni200 or Ti, I don't see why not - you just have to very much watch your resistances when trying to build with that much material (e.g. Claptons or other twisted variations). Those materials are already naturally extremely low resistance conductors - the more you bind together, the lower the resistance - it's already difficult enough to get the ohms up to a usable resistance with standard wraps. ESPECIALLY with dual coils - it's probably not even possible. Ti might be a little better since it is a little higher in natural resistance than ni200 - but not by a lot!

manthe

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Winter Park, FL, USA
So with Ti u don't dry burn 1st righr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's some debate as to whether dry firing titanium is safe. I usually do not - at least not in the 'traditional sense'. It IS recommended that titanium be annealed with low heat. This can be done with a regular lighter or (as I usually do) by using very very low wattage and heating it until it 'work hardens' (don't let it come to a full, red glow). You can also use these low temp burns to to squeeze and/or strum your coils as well to assure even and proper firing. It has worked for me thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread