HOTCIG DNA200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jentz

Verified Member
Aug 29, 2012
Reno
fasttech forums are virtually useless these days everything becomes a slanging match and name calling shame as once they were a good place for decent discussion on products and help and hints. Looking more likely the hotcig will be the dna200 I buy but will likely buy it from a UK store and take the price hit.
I copied your case settings and I may be imagining this but it

Reactions: dwcraig1

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
What would make you say that? If the unit is off, why would it drain the cells at all much less unevenly?
I recall reading something on the Evolv forum about that but I'm baffled with the uneven cells part. it would have to be discharging through the balance connector to accomplish that. I believe it does have the ability to do that when balancing the battery via small resistors. Not sure though.

kot1rc5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2010
FL
My hotCig200 should arrive next week. Posting this in case I have to recover low volt battery.

from Escribe manual:
Perform USB Recovery Charging
Performs recovery charging if any of the battery cells get discharged below 2 volts.
Must be logged in to Evolv server through EScribe so Evolv can record a recovery event

In Escribe - Device Monitor - Diagnostics - Advanced - Perform USB Recovery charging

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Bug in the early firmware the device ships with.
I recall reading something on the Evolv forum about that but I'm baffled with the uneven cells part. it would have to be discharging through the balance connector to accomplish that. I believe it does have the ability to do that when balancing the battery via small resistors. Not sure though.
Got a link? Was it in early firmware forum & I missed it?

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
If there is, I haven't found it. I would like that option too.

USB consists of four wires. I've seen USB cables that only do the charging without data connection. I'm wondering, if two wires are for charging and, the other two are for data... If it was that simple, I could just cut the two (or just the positive one if they are using common ground) wires responsible of charging and be done with it. I'm just thinking out loud.

Update: Yes it is. Google to the rescue :)

USB.jpg

Boom, no more charging:

g41931.png

Last edited:

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
USB consists of four wires. I've seen USB cables that only do the charging without data connection. I'm wondering, if two wires are for charging and, the other two are for data... If it was that simple, I could just cut the two (or just the positive one if they are using common ground) wires responsible of charging and be done with it. I'm just thinking out loud.

Update: Yes it is. Google to the rescue :)

USB.jpg
Good call, so now I just have to hack up a micro USB cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread