hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I sure am glad that the weekend is almost here. Work has been unrelenting for quite some time. My daughter came home Monday to go to a Taylor Swift concert with her little sister and my wife. It was nice to see her. I had talked with her but hadn't seen her since we dropped her off at college on the 13th of last month.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Spent the weekend with my wife and some friends up in northern Michigan's wine country. We rented a house and spent Saturday touring the local wine and cider houses. Had a lot of fun and even though I'm not a fan nor do I drink wine, I had a blast sampling the ciders. Found quite a few that were very good and bought some home along with the case of wine the wife picked out. Weather was great and the hangover was minimal.

Did you get your new toy yet Hitt? I see they had another drawing on Friday. Still not a winner, but maybe I'll get lucky in the future.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I haven't gotten it yet. I haven't heard anything since I filled out the form. I have a feeling that they'll wait until the contest ends to ship anything. Heck, there are people that won in the smok contest that still haven't received theirs. I saw over the weekend that there was a preorder for the cloupor somewhere for 28.99. It's not an expensive mod.

My wife commented yesterday that I had eight electronic cigarettes. I thought to myself that I was glad that I didn't have all of them sitting out. I change flavors a lot so I just keep a bunch of pv's with different flavors. Most of them are inexpensive like the isticks and zna clone. I'm sure she has no idea how much I've spent over the years on ecig stuff. However, it's still a lot less than I would have spent on cigs.

I spent most of the day yesterday putting down dirt and seed around the foundation and driveway. Then I put in backer rod between all the driveway slabs and put in self leveling sealant. I had noticed that one of the slabs had become a little uneven with the one beside it and figured I better get it sealed up. I can't really afford to be replacing a driveway any time soon.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yeah, you can justify e cig/snus spending easy when you consider what you were spending on cigarettes. Just tell your wife you won most of them. ;)

Just got finished splitting and stacking all the wood from the neighbor's tree that went down. Had to be a chord and a half. I still have a few trees to drop, buck and split but they may wait until later in the fall or next spring. I have rounds of osage orange what splits very stringy making them also tough to stack. I may leave them for the spring when I can bury the split logs in the shed on top of stacks since stacking them is difficult.

Reactions: firechick

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I've grown in to quite the boring routine. I have one es portion in the morning and then general mint the rest of the day. I don't need any es since one portion a day makes a roll go a long way and I can buy mint cheaper locally than online even with the discount.

Reactions: The Rebel

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Boring is boring Hitt. But I'm pretty much the same way, except I use only regular strength during the week, and some es sparingly on the weekend. I just went through the last of my Odens stash from the last order so I'll be taking advantage of this sale with enough to last me another year plus a few new ones I've wanted to try. Gotlands Autumn snus looks yummy and I'll be adding a couple cans for sure. :)

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Morning all. So I was going to take advantage of the sale at Buysnus over the weekend but decided to check Snuscentral to see how the two compared. Seems the sale at Buysnus wasn't much of a sale when you jack up the prices on everything. I was able to fit 27 cans of snus into my cart for under $100 with shipping at Snuscentral where I was only able to get 22 into a cart at Buysnus which included the sale price and half off shipping. So I went with Snuscentral, got everything I wanted plus five extra cans of snus. Kind of irked me that Buysnus advertises this great sale when in reality they just upped the prices on their stock and then took 11% off. Not much of a sale...

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Things like that happen so often it's not funny. Not just with snus but several stores do that around here. They will advertise a sale and then mark everything up from their regular prices to full suggested list price. Some of the shoe stores here are really bad about doing that. I guess people must fall for it or they wouldn't do it.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Long time no see!

Been a pretty busy fall thus far. Can't wait for the November holidays for some much needed R&R.

My furnace was acting up as soon as I fired it up this year. After diagnosing all the issues with it, I figured it would be a better idea to just replace the furnace and AC instead of paying for costly repairs and replacing it a few years down the road anyway. Moving up to a 96% efficiency two stage modulating blah blah blah jargon setup from the old 70% efficiency setup. It will supposedly cost 60% less to heat and 30% less to cool than my current HVAC system and pay for itself 5-7 years. Throwing in a nice programmable Wi-Fi thermostat for it, so now when I'm at work and I can just feel in my bones that my girlfriend has bumped the temperature up I can turn it back down on her :pervy:

Ran out of General so I've been using up some old Odens original and Odens Cold. They pack the portions so tight I've been having to lower lip the things for comfort.

Odens Original
    Coffee

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Welcome back Waho. How's the El camino coming along? I received my order from Snus Central yesterday. So much goodness, so little time. I did crack open a can of the Islay Whiskey for my nightly chill out time after the boys go to sleep. I missed this snus and was glad I threw some cans in this order. Below is the rest of my order, if anyone is curious about one, just let me know and I'll give it a try and provide my expert review. ;)

Oden's Cold Extreme, Oden's Vanilla Extreme, The LAB 13 Slim Extra Strong Formula+, General ONYX Strong Portion Snus
    Thunder Extra Strong Cool Mint, Thunder Extra Strong Raspberry, Thunder Ultra Strong Frosted , Islay Whisky Snus by Conny Andersson
    Oden's 59 Cinnamon Extreme, Gotlands Autumn Snus,Thunder Extra Strong Apple, Offroad Gold Portion Snu, Olde Ving Fudge

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Awe, the thermostat issue, I've got it here. The temp outside will be 70 outside and she'll have the slider opened all day and into the evening when she gets cold and then wants to turn on the heat. I just went through explaining that if you close the slider before the sun goes down, the warmth will be held in the house longer, keeping the burner off longer. It's like talking to the wall.

Boy Rebel, you've got some variety there, have fun.

I captured what's becoming a normal occurrence here when I'm on the sofa. She likes to snuggle up and insist on interrupting my internet time. I wanted to reach for my phone and capture a photo but couldn't figure out how to get it without interrupting her but remembered the laptop's camera. Not the greatest shot but at least I got one. Now where's my pup.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    The Autumn sounded so good Hitt so I ordered a couple of them. I'll crack a can this weekend and let you know how it is. I feel you on the thermostat Roth. The wife does the same thing, windows wide open all day and covered in a blanket and complaining it's cold at night. I'm a thermostat Nazi though and keep it programmed to be comfortable but not excessive. I'd really love to get one of those Nest learning thermostats but the price is a little steep. A couple of ex engineers from Apple developed it and it's gotten nothing but rave reviews. Second generations can be found for around $200, the latest and greatest third generations are around $250. Have to see some significant saving to justify those prices.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I've considered that nest thermostat also. A few years ago my wife complained about the thermostat we had which was a plain digital programmable thermostat so I went and bought one that you can program for heat and cool and leave on auto and never have to touch. It switches from heat to cool on it's own. That is if you leave it alone. She doesn't. She is constantly messing with it and won't leave it in auto. She wanted something that she didn't have to keep switching back and forth in the spring and fall when it's cold at night and warm during the day. I almost never touch the thermostat. I programmed it and left it alone.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    El Camino is coming along pretty good. Ended up breaking some bolts off where the previous owner decided to cross thread random bolts into random places. Needs a new tranny seal where the torque converter goes in, leaks a small amount of fluid. Other than that it went from a misfiring dogged down mess to I'm gonna need bigger tires in the back :)

My girlfriend doesn't open the windows so much as refuse to wear anything heavier than a tank top and short shorts, citing she should be able to be comfortable wearing just that in the winter. 68 degrees is fine when you're wearing pants and a sweater. I'd come home from work and she'd have it set to 73-74 degrees. I ended up setting my thermostat with a +5 degree offset. It said 73 when it was actually 68 is reality. Lo and behold she was fine then. :rolleyes:

Vape
    Coffee

Users who are viewing this thread