Ended Smoktech giveaway! 250 Cloud Machines to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
I haven't had a problem with my purple 3100 mah efest batteries. I have 3 sets in my Dovpo Emechs and no problems at all. I think I paid $14 pair for them on sale and back when I bought the E Mechs and batteries, was having a bear of a time finding anything that would get me through the day without a recharge. Actually holding up better than the E Mechs...

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
For those that have not gotten their winnings gift yet:

I've been at this for a while, not like some of you. None the less, I sub ohm to the max, to the point I rarely but do talk about it. I do my math and take my time. But I push it to the max, and honestly I regularly push it well past the max, as a daily vape. But I do know where I am with it all.

Now look, with the triple coil they give us alone, that setup is pure wild.

The way they are able to manipulate the harmonics produces an absolute and completely different vape experience.

I've sat here running various coil setups on two different RDA's, immediately switching between a mech and another VV/VW device, just completely different and very interesting to say the least. I'm surprised someone more versed in sinusoidal waveforms have not commented on this yet.

None the less, the things is more than just a shiny bluetooth enabled beast of a coil latest technological advance in vaping.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
None the less, the things is more than just a shiny bluetooth enabled beast of a coil latest technological advance in vaping.

I don't know any of the technical crap you just talked about, but the quoted line is kind of what I've been saying since I received the package.

This is a mod that I can grow in to as I learn more about rebuilding. This CAN also be ran as a beginner very basic mod with a tank - which is how I'm using it now.

The possibilities just seem endless and to be honest I don't see changing from the x cube 2 until something with all the features and power comes out in a smaller size. The TFV4 tank I don't see giving up anytime in the foreseeable future.

I am more than pleased with the set up.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
I don't know any of the technical crap you just talked about, but the quoted line is kind of what I've been saying since I received the package.

This is a mod that I can grow in to as I learn more about rebuilding. This CAN also be ran as a beginner very basic mod with a tank - which is how I'm using it now.

The possibilities just seem endless and to be honest I don't see changing from the x cube 2 until something with all the features and power comes out in a smaller size. The TFV4 tank I don't see giving up anytime in the foreseeable future.

I am more than pleased with the set up.
Right, I'm only a curious hobbyist not well versed in electrical theory and the likes.
But this thing is truly something completely different. At least that I have experienced.

Sure I've had my beak wrapped around just about everything out there at the local shop, but I do use daily only two, now, devices of the likes, For reference. I've been a mech guy for years, this, and using some very old school devices. So I consider myself at least able to decipher the differences.

And damn! It's no longer about power power power.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Oi. From the sounds of it I don't even know if I'ma have the money for enough juice to use the tfv4 regularly. Hopefully the regular rba doesn't use as much. Lol. I know mine is getting sent out today. Keep checking fedex for that tracking. Oi. Lol

Pick up the Clapton Deck and you can bring it down to normal performance levels.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
And damn! It's no longer about power power power.

You are right. At some stage power will become irrelevant, and for me I'm there. I haven't even taken this baby over 100 watts. 80-85 is my sweet spot and I don't see a need for more, yet.

One thing about the TFV4 that doesn't get much talk is the drip tip. It is quite amazing getting cool air with the warm vapor.

Reactions: mudmanc4

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Ok, so I've built a single titanium coil, 10 wraps, 3mm 26AWG titanium. Set TCR to .0004, temp at 500F, vaping like a charm. Wicking was no problem. Pretty decent flavor, great vapor and juice consumption plummeted, and power peaks around 60 watts.

It's not as good for flavor as a really good dedicated lung hitting RTA, but better than most. I'll finish this tank off and try out the dual coil deck next. And that's the biggest negative about this tank, can't diddle with your build without draining the tank first.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
You are right. At some stage power will become irrelevant, and for me I'm there. I haven't even taken this baby over 100 watts. 80-85 is my sweet spot and I don't see a need for more, yet.

One thing about the TFV4 that doesn't get much talk is the drip tip. It is quite amazing getting cool air with the warm vapor.
Yea, it's completely different and interesting within itself, the drip tip isn't it.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Ok, so I've built a single titanium coil, 10 wraps, 3mm 26AWG titanium. Set TCR to .0004, temp at 500F, vaping like a charm. Wicking was no problem. Pretty decent flavor, great vapor and juice consumption plummeted, and power peaks around 60 watts.

It's not as good for flavor as a really good dedicated lung hitting RTA, but better than most. I'll finish this tank off and try out the dual coil deck next.
I put the TF-V4 in at first, with factory coils, interesting for sure.
I'll run a build on it later and see what can be done. Wicking here is everything it would seem.

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
After dinner and shower last night, the walk through (checking doors, windows ect...) I thought hell check. Poof there the delivery was, sitting in the dark on the side porch.

As I brought the box in, setting it on the counter, I thought I heard a sniffle, so I opened the box allowing the warmth to penetrate, there sat the Smok XCube, looking up at me with lower lip sticking out and quivering with a tear rolling down, shivering from the cool night, the worry and concern in it's sleepy long traveled eyes was more than obvious.
I was a bit concerned, after all, it has traveled a long bumpy road.

I gave it the smile and wiped the salty tear from it's eye. Rest assured.
Walking away I did hear a big sigh and one last snorty sniffle, I was sure it fell fast asleep as it began that comfortable snore almost immediately, as I left the room, I quietly switched off the lights and closed the door behind me, leaving a small crack that the light should shine in, in case it awoke before I returned.

This morning , after taking care of normal morning things, I reached in the box, it held it's hands straight out to me, and those great big and bright eye's staring straight into mine, with that gracious look only meant for the beholder, eye's clear from tears, well rested, warmed from the chill of the night, and relieved to finally be home XCube was.

We are playing as intended at the moment, both gaining that satisfaction we waited so long for, together at last.

VERY nice work Smok!
Epic :)

Reactions: mudmanc4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread