Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Has anyone tested Titanium wire from FastTech?

I tested two of mine and the test showed that Medical Grade-1 from Stealth Vape, is better then Sweet Spot

MlrM9Oi.png

I have no idea which one is better, so I've got all six of them. [emoji38]

YfHRhto.png
I have the first one in your list. Doesn't require cleaning or heating up to anneal like my zivipf wire. Thicker than my 28 ga wire from zivipf, but not sure if it's actually 26.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I started to order 30 ft of SSV... till I seen it would have been near $40...then ordered this instead...150 ft for $10.50. I figured if I didn't like it I could hang pictures with it or something. It's what I'm using.
12096388_1084593618231528_7938384894464899945_n.jpg
Is is grade 1? I know it doesn't say, but do you have any grade 1 wire from elsewhere to compare to?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Is is grade 1? I know it doesn't say, but do you have any grade 1 wire from elsewhere to compare to?

Ukamen I have
I'm using the same curve for both
I'm seeing no difference with the exception of having to clean the cheap one.

Reactions: KenD

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
FastTech responded to my battery complaints and is saying they will ship me new mods as soon as I ship the bad units back. I told them they have been given video evidence of the malfunctions and it would be more costly and dangerous to ship known damaged lipos through the mail than it would for them to just ship me replacement batteries. Don't get the feeling that will fly with them, but we shall see.

I really don't want to wait 6 weeks to get replacements that may have same issue. If they just ship the battery separate at least the old firmware wont deplete the battery this time risking yet another ordeal.

Reactions: jazzvaper

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
FastTech responded to my battery complaints and is saying they will ship me new mods as soon as I ship the bad units back. I told them they have been given video evidence of the malfunctions and it would be more costly and dangerous to ship known damaged lipos through the mail than it would for them to just ship me replacement batteries. Don't get the feeling that will fly with them, but we shall see.

I really don't want to wait 6 weeks to get replacements that may have same issue. If they just ship the battery separate at least the old firmware wont deplete the battery this time risking yet another ordeal.
On the upside anyone in the USA only has to ship to Miami. On the downside they do absolutely everything they can falling just short of not honoring warranty. Including sending out broken replacement parts and making mistakes in refunds. I'm just about finished with fasttech. They are really screwing me around right now and not even on super expensive stuff.

I just got s replacement gs2 base that's worse than the broken one it stopped with. Screws are super loose inside the deck which guarantees temp control to suck. They took two months to refund me on $60 worth of the wrong items. They sent another replacement three months ago which never arrived and they still won't replace it saying it's coming.

At this point anything I can get for a few $ more on eBay I will. Sick of that place.

As for testing titanium grade 2. Is there even a profile for that?

Reactions: Tpat591

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
My battery a couple of charges after the recovery charging is working great. However I need a second one badly. 3s 900mah is too little for me, I guess for everyone here...
Glad it worked out. Have you run the battery analyzer to see if you are the full 900 mah?

I notice my first one get better with every cycle but is still not performing like it should. I guess I got to run it all the way down a few times to exercise it a bit. If it starts to act like it should may keep that mod and just ship back the 2nd one with the bad cell.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I did an analysis last night and realized for a standard nickel build at 28 gauge six wraps in a GEM. I PREHEAT TO 25w on 3 punch. And it takes 12 watts to maintain temp with one second preheat. I find my battery lasting longer when I don't challenge the dna200 mod to regulate temp blasting off at 200 watts. Or even 60. Also cuts down on the rattlesnake.

Fwiw.

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
I checked the LiPo battery capacity of my new HCigar VT200 1300mAh and guess what?
My SkyRC iMAX B6AC V2 showed 1078 mAh or 11.96 WA instead of 14.43 WA that they claim.

3ZEcykc.png

Then, I used Escribe's "Battery Analizer" at 40W and it showed 10.866 usable Watt Hours. Which equals to 980 mAh instead of 1300 mAh

dzRocSa.png

The battery capacity of VT200 is greatly exaggerated.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread