Took me long enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Hi Lessifer,

Nice mod. I too waited ages before buying mine. Well worth the wait, use nowt else now.

Re the Chalice 3 clone... I could not get on with the gurgle. The clearance between the positive pin and the inner cap was also very very tight. I dropped a spring, happened out of nowhere, had been vaping ok all morning. I was glad of the protection of the reo's hot spring. I ended up knocking out the inner cap. Initially I tried a couple of builds like that but it was not really very good. I drilled the outer cap and flipped the AFC over. It now draws the air in from the side, like the RM2. Because there is a bit more clearance its easier to build on. I build mine in the same way I would the RM2. Squonks well, drains well, vapes spot on.

If you are not fussed about butchering a $9 clone its worth a try, I use mine most of the time as I had opened up the hole on my RM2 a bit to much.

If you decide to drill the RM2 take it very slowly its easy to over do it as its brass.

Oh yeah welcome to the ville!

Layzee

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Hi Lessifer,

Nice mod. I too waited ages before buying mine. Well worth the wait, use nowt else now.

Re the Chalice 3 clone... I could not get on with the gurgle. The clearance between the positive pin and the inner cap was also very very tight. I dropped a spring, happened out of nowhere, had been vaping ok all morning. I was glad of the protection of the reo's hot spring. I ended up knocking out the inner cap. Initially I tried a couple of builds like that but it was not really very good. I drilled the outer cap and flipped the AFC over. It now draws the air in from the side, like the RM2. Because there is a bit more clearance its easier to build on. I build mine in the same way I would the RM2. Squonks well, drains well, vapes spot on.

If you are not fussed about butchering a $9 clone its worth a try, I use mine most of the time as I had opened up the hole on my RM2 a bit to much.

If you decide to drill the RM2 take it very slowly its easy to over do it as its brass.

Layzee
Excellent tips! I kind of gave up on the cIII, because I had other options but I may play around with it again someday. I loved that it was virtually leak proof, but the slurp as you draw juice back out of the air chamber was just annoying. That and even when I took the afc completely off, it was still a little too restrictive for me.

Reactions: Debadoo

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
I think the restriction is the hole size in the inner cap, and the gurgle is juice becoming trapped between the inner and outer cap. It does not drain to well as the juice gets trapped by the coil. I think some build higher up and closer to the posts and this to an extent solves the gurgle issue. You could try opening up the hole in the inner cap to increase the airflow. I was still too heavy on the sqounk so it still gurgled with me. The main reason I knocked the inner cap out was the clearance issue I could not live with the possibility of another random short. With the hole drilled in the side it would not be as leak proof, not much of an issue with me as I like a tighter draw for MTL so I only drilled a 1.3mil hole. No leaking as yet. Anyway not much lost if you don't get on with it! I

Reactions: Lessifer

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I used a rat tail file so that I could go little by little until it was OK.

Hi Lessifer,

Layzee

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Tried the RM2. Great flavor in that small chamber, squonks really well, drains really well, looks good. I definitely need to open up the airflow though.

It's really, really easy to do. I've opened up all of my RM2s....and they're still one of my favorite attys...and totally the easiest of all to coil. Huge deck. I've been wondering what you'd think of the RM2 when you got around to it. :)

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
It's really, really easy to do. I've opened up all of my RM2s....and they're still one of my favorite attys...and totally the easiest of all to coil. Huge deck. I've been wondering what you'd think of the RM2 when you got around to it. :)
Drilled my RM2, long ago with a 1/16th. Reamed it abit bigger as well. Filed it round and all good. Then of course that wasn't good enough after a long while so I get the brilliant idea to drill through to the other side. Well, suffice it to say, the other hole was not plumb horizontal, it was too low and I destroyed the topper. So hopefully nobody has to try that move here.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Drilled my RM2, long ago with a 1/16th. Reamed it abit bigger as well. Filed it round and all good. Then of course that wasn't good enough after a long while so I get the brilliant idea to drill through to the other side. Well, suffice it to say, the other hole was not plumb horizontal, it was too low and I destroyed the topper. So hopefully nobody has to try that move here.
Mine will stay a single air hole, but will definitely be opening it up some.

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
Welcome to the club!

Nice mod/nice atty/nice color scheme!

I've been in "lurk-mode" only for a year or so but have enjoyed your "Modwomper" thread. HA! (someone had to do something like that.) :thumb:

Nice bunch of helpful folks here. I went straight from KR808d cig-alikes to the REO and these fine reonauts (even the "Modfather" himself) helped me tremendously with the "learning curve." With your experience with the BF clones you should be "good to go" with most aspects of REO usage.

Thanks,

Norman

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Welcome to the club!

I've been in "lurk-mode" only for a year or so but have enjoyed your "Modwomper" thread. HA! (someone had to do something like that.) :thumb:

Nice bunch of helpful folks here. I went straight from KR808d cig-alikes to the REO and these fine reonauts (even the "Modfather" himself) helped me tremendously with the "learning curve." With your experience with the BF clones you should be "good to go" with most aspects of REO usage.

Thanks,

Norman
I've browsed the REO forums for a long while, the old micro coil thread planted the seed in my head that I needed one, was just waiting for the financials to catch up :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Welcome to the club!

Thanks,

Norman

Awesome to "see" you back @Norman Clature :)

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
Awesome to "see" you back @Norman Clature :)

Good to be here Super! Looks like you gave Lessifer the REO "itch" with your "micro-coils" HA!

I'm still rocking one (non-LP) tumbled raw and one (non-LP) black anodized standard grand with RM2 attys on both and only one of them has the new "innards", but no improved 510 on either of them! HA! The tumbled has good conductivity anyways. Plus I'm lazy, I'm fine, and "if it ain't broke..."

HA!

Thanks,

Norman

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Good to be here Super! Looks like you gave Lessifer the REO "itch" with your "micro-coils" HA!

I'm still rocking one (non-LP) tumbled raw and one (non-LP) black anodized standard grand with RM2 attys on both and only one of them has the new "innards", but no improved 510 on either of them! HA! The tumbled has good conductivity anyways. Plus I'm lazy, I'm fine, and "if it ain't broke..."

HA!

Thanks,

Norman

That is awesome bro. Yes these mods are always ready to rock hard. I'm glad to hear you are rockin hard too brother.

It's funny but lately my coils are 2.5 to 3mm contact coils. I got tired of threading tiny slivers of wick into 1.6mm coils :)

That would have been blasphemy to me less than a year ago LOL.

Mixin it up some but keepin it real. Peace brother.

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
That is awesome bro. Yes these mods are always ready to rock hard. I'm glad to hear you are rockin hard too brother.

It's funny but lately my coils are 2.5 to 3mm contact coils. I got tired of threading tiny slivers of wick into 1.6mm coils :)

That would have been blasphemy to me less than a year ago LOL.

Mixin it up some but keepin it real. Peace brother.

W.T.F.?

Spaced coils? Using button covers? What the heck is going on around here? Have I entered a strange new dimension? Next time I roll around you'll be sporting is a wide spaced 4-wrap sidewinder on an RM2.

HA!

Have a great day/night all,

Norman

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
W.T.F.?

Spaced coils? Using button covers? What the heck is going on around here? Have I entered a strange new dimension? Next time I roll around you'll be sporting is a wide spaced 4-wrap sidewinder on an RM2.

HA!

Have a great day/night all,

Norman

Spaced coils no way.

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
Spaced coils no way.

Didn't think so... HA!

I've been rolling "unflavored" nearly every day and only having some flavored juice at night. It's funny because "U.F.O." (that's how I label my unflavored d.i.y.) is sort of what I was looking for in the beginning in a sort of "What juice tastes the most like real cigs?" sort of way.

HA!

Thanks,

Norman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread