Rebuildable Tank Atomizers - An Anthology, Pictorial, Builds and Reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skin_e1

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
I would say about as much as the KFL :) I can't compare it tho. I sold my KFL and both of my kayfun 4's :D I sold my KFL after I started getting more atomizers and I swapped out 2 kayfun 4's for 2 Tengu V2's. Not only did I think that Tark did a better job with the on the fly adjustment of juice and air control, he also had really good customer service :)

Last edited:
Reactions: raitizz

musicman21

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Washington Township, NJ, USA
The Prometey is a true king in the flavor department. :) I have two atm :D One still NIB. I haven't used it yet but I guess I was preparing for the Great Prometey Drought of 2015 :D I don't think I would ever let it go :D I would sell one of my rare atomiziers first! You could ask if he has any in stock:) Aleksandr is a very cool guy and he has a facebook page along with an email thingy on his website. He responds pretty quickly too.
The reason I didn't mention the Prometey 3 in the first place was that some people are turned off by using a filler atomizer. It is super easy to build though :) The K.Loud +G also has oustanding flavor, but you have to build a vertical coil in it. It does come with a 2.5mm rod though so you can do it a little easier. The airflow on it is semi-tight and it has a small ~2mm juice well, but Wow the flavor is insane. I also like the Le Magister. It has really good flavor and the ability of a dual coil but the airflow is a little better than the Zest base and the juice well on it is around 2mm as well.

With that being explained, the build and type of wick helps some, but I think a HUGE part of it I just found out over the last couple of days is the quality of juice. Also the VG/PG should be taken into account but not in all cases. The higher the PG the better the flavor, but not in all cases. I have some Yeti Vapes that I'm just not feeling. I have it in two different VG/PG ratio's and they both seem watered down to me. I got them at a great deal. But NEVER AGAIN! Total waste of money IMHO. I thought they were premium but I guess I was wrong. Should have know when they offered but 1 get 2 free :(

I am wondering with the revelation on juice I made since.... I don't stray far from my usual, If some of the people who honestly disagree with me are using just regular juices. That would explain alot! BTW guys/gals. I don't mean it as a "I'm better than you all since I can buy premium juice either" It is just an aspect I have missed previously and just found out whilst experimenting with less flavorful juice.

I would also like to add not all premium juices are worth it just like there may be some less expensive juice out there that has great flavor. I just haven't found it yet.
Oh YOU SAID IT!! thanks for the references on those couple, but I'm looking for one that can hold at least 4 ml. I completely agree with you on juices. I have always bought premium juices (for the most part), and really noticed increased flavor once I got a yealiq rda which has restricted afc and under coil airflow, and switched from afc on the side with most rdas that were more for incredible airflow. From that point on, I could tell which juices would never change, even in the best flavor-suitable rba. There were some "premium" ones in the hundreds and hundreds of juices I've tried that never made the books, and didn't matter if I put them in a flavor-like rba, or a cloud-chucking one. The only real difference I could tell with those, and with juices from some companies such as vapewild (not saying some aren't good from them), that the taste was only cleaner, if that makes sense. You can really taste this juice a bit better, but there wasn't enough of a flavor profile to begin with, in order to make that juice's different extracts/ingredients POP either individually or together in a quality rba.

Reactions: skin_e1

musicman21

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Someone
Hmm.. I'll have to think about getting the Lite.
Tighter draw and more flavour - yes, please.
Can always thow on the Momentous forr small couds (bro).

R
Someone catch me if I'm wrong, but I think the major difference between the lite and momentous is the chimney's shape, the posts are spread further apart on momentous, and the fact that there is a cup inside and underneath where the coil sits, in order to make a "swirling effect". The afc on the sides are exactly the same. Just telling you so you don't waste your money on a base that is so alike.

musicman21

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
I would say about as much as the KFL :) I can't compare it tho. I sold my KFL and both of my Kayfun 4's :D I sold my KFL after I started getting more atomizers and I swapped out 2 kayfun 4's for 2 Tengu V2's. Not only did I think that Tark did a better job with the on the fly adjustment of juice and air control, he also had really good customer service :)
He does have excellent customer service. I haven't been able to use mine successfully with a smile on my face just yet, due to the fact that he sent me his very last one that had a few things wrong with it. But it's my second time sending it back to the guy for an issue I found wrong with it again, and he's still helping me 100% until I get my moneys worth. Damn nice guy.

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Someone

Someone catch me if I'm wrong, but I think the major difference between the lite and momentous is the chimney's shape, the posts are spread further apart on momentous, and the fact that there is a cup inside and underneath where the coil sits, in order to make a "swirling effect". The afc on the sides are exactly the same. Just telling you so you don't waste your money on a base that is so alike.

Yes, I'm talking about the air holes under the coil. The draw is as tight as the smallest hole in the system.

R

Reactions: musicman21

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Some Hurricane pr0n

3b0932bf328db1d0d6ddf16bbe3d3efc.jpg
65ec253736b7b10218432b87cecd00fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Oh, I'm thoroughly enjoying getting my squonk on, but I still love me some RTA action ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol! Excellent! We might need some squonk pics mate! This thread is ok...they just have a hole in the bottom right!! :)

Reactions: dems86

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
http://www.vapourart.com/en/announcement/about-gp-spheroid-v4-510-pin

well, If I did break it by overtightening, I dont understand how as it spun pretty much first time I tried to adjust it. At least GP acknowledge there is a slight design issue and are fixing it which is fantastic and totally consistent with their deserved reputation as top end modders.

Quote 'We noticed that a few people over-tightened the pin, causing the silver plated brass pin to jump threads, because silver and brass are soft metals. In order to avoid this happening again, we shall make new 510 pins, a tad longer, so nobody can force them to go deeper or jump threads, in his attempt to screw it tighter which is not required in the first place.'

Just a point but TC vaping is here to stay and becoming increasingly popular. In TC mode this atty is beyond fantastic and works wonderfully well. People will try to tighten everything down as much as possible and leaving 2 or 3 threads to engage on a tiny brass screw (it is tiny) is asking for trouble imho, regradless of whether you are running kanthal or something more exotic...

(if you detect a note of irritation, you are correct...)

Last edited:

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
http://www.vapourart.com/en/announcement/about-gp-spheroid-v4-510-pin

well, If I did break it by overtightening, I dont understand how as it spun pretty much first time I tried to adjust it. At least GP acknowledge there is a slight design issue and are fixing it which is fantastic and totally consistent with their deserved reputation as top end modders.

Quote 'We noticed that a few people over-tightened the pin, causing the silver plated brass pin to jump threads, because silver and brass are soft metals. In order to avoid this happening again, we shall make new 510 pins, a tad longer, so nobody can force them to go deeper or jump threads, in his attempt to screw it tighter which is not required in the first place.'

Just a point but TC vaping is here to stay and becoming increasingly popular. In TC mode this atty is beyond fantastic and works wonderfully well. People will try to tighten everything down as much as possible and leaving 2 or 3 threads to engage on a tiny brass screw (it is tiny) is asking for trouble imho, regradless of whether you are running kanthal or something more exotic...

(if you detect a note of irritation, you are correct...)

funny, when i got my v4, i had serious trouble with Ti ohm fluctuations. tried ss430, same. im guessing ni200 is similar, but i dont do nickel anymore. i mentioned this in the GP thread and didnt really get anywhere, they just said they only tested ni200 which worked fine. i was sent a brass pin to start, then they sent me a silver plater pin (which didnt fit, had to make adjustments to the delrin), both have fluctuation problems. im hoping this new pin helps? man...i wanna love the spheroid, but right now its so inconsistent that it mostly sits.

Reactions: qorax

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
funny, when i got my v4, i had serious trouble with Ti ohm fluctuations. tried ss430, same. im guessing ni200 is similar, but i dont do nickel anymore. i mentioned this in the GP thread and didnt really get anywhere, they just said they only tested ni200 which worked fine. i was sent a brass pin to start, then they sent me a silver plater pin (which didnt fit, had to make adjustments to the delrin), both have fluctuation problems. im hoping this new pin helps? man...i wanna love the spheroid, but right now its so inconsistent that it mostly sits.
Well mail them and tell them.That is exactly the problem. The replacement is fine at the moment but is very sensitive to the mod it is on, suggesting that strength of the resistance/spring on the mods floating 510 pin is determining stability. That is BS! I am ...... because I know their message is directed at me and I didnt even break the damn thing. They tightened it to the limit and beyond as far as Im concerned before they sent it, to the point that it was pretty much stripped by the time i got it. Bottom line is the pin is ridiculously fragile in my opinion...If it is 0.5mm diam at the thin end I'd be surprised and the fact that it bites through only 3 threads max is ridiculous...The fact that they are so stroppy about it makes it clear they screwed up (pun intended)...grrrrrrr

Reactions: jmarkus

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
ya, contacted them this morning and got a reply within 10 mins from perseas. he said to email them again at the end of next week and theyd send me the new new pin. ill have 3 pins for this thing if they send me this new new one...seriously though, I WANNA LOVE IT...i just can't...yet.

In apite of this, I absolutely love this thing. Looking forward to mailing them for a new pin next week! lol! Might suggest they send a couple as I am clearly so ham fisted I'll probably break one again...

Reactions: jmarkus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread