Tilemahos new rebuildable part (springomizer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Imeo - since health is also a primary concern why not use something like 316LVM SS or 317L for maximum biocompatibility? Is 302 good enough? I personally would be glad to pay a little more for better quality wire.

I know you mentioned titanium as the next option, but will there be any other options? Like NiFe30 (Dicodes resistherm-type wire) perhaps?
302 SS is exactly like SS 304 kd, so there is no issue about biocompatibility. Titanium of course is the best of all. As for other options, there is no other option. Dicodes wire is a wire that is never tested from labotratories, so no one knows if its healthy. Metals need tests for a lot of years to be proved as healthy for humans. It also contains Ni and Fe. I dont see it as a healthy one

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Indeed it is a groundbreaking moment in vaping hardware. The most important question is: HOW DOES IT vape? Imeo didn't show anything about this in the video. WHY?
because video was too long cali. The vaping video is coming today :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Simply Brilliant!!!! I have been looking at the picture you posted before the video. Saying to myself...How the hell does this thing work? Now like many other of your products, after I see you putting the spring in, it makes everything so simple.
Thank you, yet once again!!! Like someone else said... You are the modern day Davinci for the electronic cigarette world.

I think I speak for many people when I say how much you are respected and valued here. I am not sure if I would enjoy another product as much as I enjoy GG, if you were not here.

cheering_minions.gif
Thank you kei. I have said it before and I say it once again that your love is what is pushing me forward!

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
302 SS is exactly like SS 304 kd, so there is no issue about biocompatibility. Titanium of course is the best of all. As for other options, there is no other option. Dicodes wire is a wire that is never tested from labotratories, so no one knows if its healthy. Metals need tests for a lot of years to be proved as healthy for humans. It also contains Ni and Fe. I dont see it as a healthy one

Fair enough - i had not even though about the testing. I do know the temperature control performance is very good, but that doesn't really matter if the wire isn't healthy does it?

the new video will be ready in about 1/2 hour. I am sorry that my camera freezes sometimes but you will not loose something important.

By the way camera is a logitech HD pro C920 but it seems that even the best ones have issues

If you need a separate microphone or another camera just let me know - i can order something from Amazon cheaply here and send it over. I already do the same for all my friends and family in Greece. I think I send more iPhones to Greece than Apple does :p

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
As you see,the new rebuildable part is simpler. Its not 8 pieces but only 4. There are no pins and no bolts.

Also, we dont put wick on channels if we vape at low ohms.

Joined springs work flawless. As you see, their threads are stuck, the one inside the other. So we have too many threads even if resistance is too low.

I have just thought of something. We can move the heat only to the center of the coil. We can put 2 springs (we have cut them in much smaller size) and join them at the edges of the long main spring. That way, the center of the main spring will be heated when the edges will stay cool. We can also do the opposite if we like to move the heat to the edges of the spring by joining a smaller spring with the center of the main spring.

Last edited:

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Italy
Well, this is indeed impressive.
There's some stuff that doesn't convince me, but the idea is really powerful, especially for me since I don't want to build new coils too often and like/try to clean them. Now in this case I would buy say 10-20 springs, have them ready with cotton inside and just change them on a daily basis; when I reached a certain amount of dirty coils I would just clean them all at once (boiling EtOH, probably). This is ....ing brilliant, Imeo, I hope it vapes fine.

We can move the heat only to the center of the coil. We can put 2 springs (we have cut them in much smaller size) and join them at the edges of the long main spring. That way, the center of the main spring will be heated when the edges will stay cool. We can also do the opposite if we like to move the heat to the edges of the spring by joining a smaller spring with the center of the main spring.

I didn't really understand... :D
But the bold part is a concern of mine, nice to see it adressed!

I also read you're planning to extend this new design to previous constructions, even Ody; what would be really cool is an update for the Penny V1 - still the best looking Penelope to me, it's a shame I'm not really using it that much. Especially if Proteus ever comes out I would really like to use it with the V1. Do you think it's possible?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Well, this is indeed impressive.
There's some stuff that doesn't convince me

I also read you're planning to extend this new design to previous constructions, even Ody; what would be really cool is an update for the Penny V1 - still the best looking Penelope to me, it's a shame I'm not really using it that much. Especially if Proteus ever comes out I would really like to use it with the V1. Do you think it's possible?

Thank you Lo Zio:)
What is the part that didnt manage to convince you?

I will soon start making the new rebuildable part for other GG constructions and I will try to see if I can make it for Penny V1 :)

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Italy
Thank you Lo Zio:)
What is the part that didnt manage to convince you?

Nothing to thank, thanks to you! Finally something new, I was getting bored from the atomizers market, it was just bigger and bigger air holes, bigger channels, capable of more Watts... yeah, boring.
What I didn't like:
Aside from concerns regarding the lifespan of the SS spring (but anyway, at 0.50 € each... no problem) what bothered me in the video is seeing a coil (let's call it like that) of such a length, with the peripheral threads obviously not invested by the air flow -no good for me.
But! Let's see.
The idea remains brilliant and worth of support.

I will soon start making the new rebuildable part for other GG constructions and I will try to see if I can make it for Penny V1 :)

I mean, if you're going for Odysseus, since you are there... Penny V1 is just around the corner. Why not?
Hope to have good news on this!

Reactions: imeothanasis

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
The dual coil looks great,
My setup of choice cooler coil lot of contact surface with the juice. :)

Maybe later with the VIR we can turn back to the single coil,but for mech
The dual give me the best results until now.

All the setup looks great,it's sturdy designe
Very easy to put together.

From the video it's look vaping effortlessly big clouds and immediately kind
Of vapor production will see for ourself very soon.

Reactions: imeothanasis

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
As you see,the new rebuildable part is simpler. Its not 8 pieces but only 4. There are no pins and no bolts.

Also, we dont put wick on channels if we vape at low ohms.

Joined springs work flawless. As you see, their threads are stuck, the one inside the other. So we have too many threads even if resistance is too low.

I have just thought of something. We can move the heat only to the center of the coil. We can put 2 springs (we have cut them in much smaller size) and join them at the edges of the long main spring. That way, the center of the main spring will be heated when the edges will stay cool. We can also do the opposite if we like to move the heat to the edges of the spring by joining a smaller spring with the center of the main spring.

Imeo, Thank you for showing the 2 springs. It turned out to be more like a twisted wires coil instead of parallel, which is even more interesting. I think with creativity people can come up with different shapes for the springs.

I think you can do dual coils easily. Interlock the ends of 2 springs without joining the springs together. Now the wick will have to be joined as well, or put one wick over the edges. When i have the thing in my hands i will experiment better :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread