Smok X Cube II 160watt TC Bluetooth $55.9 coupon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sketchi.engnr

Jun 30, 2015
And yay. the app won't accept my paypal password. even changed the password but the app still keeps on saying the password or e-mail is wrong while it's right.

ah yes. no stainless steel or titanium support.

great.

Wow same here. got ti to work a week ago. Now that i got some ss wire.. the paypal extension on the app is ......ed. I wish there was an easier way. Dont trust this app with my credentials, so f no im not taking pic of my card

sketchi.engnr

Jun 30, 2015
Just an update.. since i had got ti a week ago... figured that maybe what is screwing up the paypal extension was an app update since last week. So i got the most recent PREVIOUS version; 2.4.something and it gave me a hard time logging into the smok account.. so i made a new one with the same email my paypal is on, and get to to the pp screen.. works now! I dont know if its the update or the fact i used the same email (didnt do that for ti however). Most likely requires another update to communicate with pp properly.

Anyway i was using ss On the ti Setting with coef turned down to 2.. kicked me into watts. Now with the ss Activated...Same damn thing!

I am certain its all just graphical, by limiting the coef range, they force you to "upgradationate". I did use ti on nickel with similar results as with the ti Profile.
You can use ti In nickel settings , and ss on ti settings because the ranges overlap. The ss i have is just a sample of 20g 317 probably too non resistive. my beadalon 316l 24g square cs is in tomorrow. hope that works better. The 317 is a beast at just 35watts btw. 0.15ohm single coil.. dense flavorful niceness, id feel safer on tc however. Getting away from kanthal due to al content. Still love these fused claps in staged coils.. stainless has alot of stuff in it but can withstand far higher temp and maintains structural integrity.

Last edited:

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
So has anybody figured out the right TCR offsets for each wire since it's pretty much confirmed the x-cube II tends to underread.

also am I the only one that has the issue when I unscrew to fill a tank and when I put it back on when it asks you if its a new coil it won't accept no.

like I would say "no" and it would just go back with a 0.00 reading and it would keep on asking me if its a new coil untill I say yes.

Devlinukr

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
So has anybody figured out the right TCR offsets for each wire since it's pretty much confirmed the x-cube II tends to underread.

I just completely avoid that setting now, with nickel I just raise the ohms until I get the result I want. With titanium I have to fit the tank, fire it once, unscrew it, fire the mod so it resets then screw it back on and start adjusting from there.

I've got some ss coming so I'll have to see what fun that provides.

Reactions: GeorgeS

TheLordWinter

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
Detroit, MI
Well, truthfully, any risk reduction is a good thing and the loss of potential titanium oxide is a plus. Taste is a bit better, and the wire is cheaper. Actual vaping performance in terms of stability and fluidity of the current that gets applied is about the same. Pulses a bit at times, but no more than I got with titanium. So for my part, its worth it to me.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Bizarrely my stainless steel arrived today and it's the only thing that's worked straight out the box.

Using 24g and it's miles better than titanium to coil and dare I say on a par with kanthal.

Taste wise also much better, no point using anything else.
What SS are you using? and from where?

Margucci

Oct 5, 2015
yea the main reason why i ordered this (still waiting slowtech!) is for SS. i picked up a pack of SS coils for the crown as well. i like the idea that i can fire it in power or TC mode depending on what i am looking for. i am having a bit of buyers anxiety though. i keep thinking that maybe i should have bought a lavabox for 3x the price instead because i havent heard about nearly as many quirks as the xcube has. i have been kind of put off by chinese designed and produced products recently. however, i like the feature set of the xcube much more.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Well, as the owner of two X Cubes, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that in every respect other than being able to quickly swap 18650 batteries and put on a light show, the Lavabox (or any DNA200 mod) has a far better feature set. Period.

The Smok UI is better, IMHO, and less reliant on external software, but that's about it. TC is not accurate, and your control of it is far more limited than what you'd get out of a DNA200. Build quality on the device ranges from horrible to just OK. The finish is fragile in either stainless or black. It rattles like a maraca. It can cause permanent damage to your lower extremities if dropped. The smartphone software is flaky at best. And that's sorta fine for a mod you can pick up for $50 all day long.

But a DNA200 or Yihi SX-350J, it's not.

Reactions: GeorgeS

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Having been playing with a hcigar dna200 I'm not overly impressed with it the buttons just don't feel right, amount of stuff you can't do on the device itself and for me it's too much hassle going through escribe when all I want to do is screw on tank and vape away. I realise those are all personal things and say more about me but I find myself using my tc50 far more then the 200. Still waiting for my xcube to arrive hopefully a couple of weeks and for what I paid I don't expect it to blow everything else out of the water and a little tinkering may be necessary to get the vape I want but "little tinkering" is certainly not a phrase that applies to the dna200 mods ATM.

Margucci

Oct 5, 2015
Well, as the owner of two X Cubes, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that in every respect other than being able to quickly swap 18650 batteries and put on a light show, the Lavabox (or any DNA200 mod) has a far better feature set. Period.

The Smok UI is better, IMHO, and less reliant on external software, but that's about it. TC is not accurate, and your control of it is far more limited than what you'd get out of a DNA200. Build quality on the device ranges from horrible to just OK. The finish is fragile in either stainless or black. It rattles like a maraca. It can cause permanent damage to your lower extremities if dropped. The smartphone software is flaky at best. And that's sorta fine for a mod you can pick up for $50 all day long.

But a DNA200 or Yihi SX-350J, it's not.
feature set =/= quality of those features. the xcube does have more features although some dont work as well as they should. what the DNA200 has works very well. however, it is feature limited. as i have said previously about the DNA200, if there was a better feature set i would be fine paying $250-$275 for one. however, i cant justify paying $150 for a DNA200 (at least) over a xcube for $50. the TC isnt the greatest and relies on fine tuning of the coefficients to get a proper TC vape. however, after all that is done it performs fairly well. when you consider that its $50 it performs VERY well. if i could get a DNA200 for $100 i would take that over a xcube. however, at this point the only one i would buy is a lavabox which is $170 and isnt even available yet.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
feature set =/= quality of those features. the xcube does have more features although some dont work as well as they should. what the DNA200 has works very well. however, it is feature limited. as i have said previously about the DNA200, if there was a better feature set i would be fine paying $250-$275 for one. however, i cant justify paying $150 for a DNA200 (at least) over a xcube for $50. the TC isnt the greatest and relies on fine tuning of the coefficients to get a proper TC vape. however, after all that is done it performs fairly well. when you consider that its $50 it performs VERY well. if i could get a DNA200 for $100 i would take that over a xcube. however, at this point the only one i would buy is a lavabox which is $170 and isnt even available yet.

Not trying to be a dick here, seriously, but could you explain to me what functionality (beyond the squeeze firing and, bar lights, and maybe screen placement) the X Cube has over any DNA200? I'm not talking interface here, just pure functionality.

And lets face it, people complaining about needing to spend time in eScribe probably have to spend at least as much time either diddling with the X Cube's menu (and waiting on the menu time outs) or using the app to get a good vape in TC mode, and they have to repeat that every time a variable changes. There's no memory functionality for TCR changes.

On top of that, one single TCR value that you can input on the X Cube doesn't match the actual TCR curve you can implement on the DNA200 (or the multitude of curves you can have via eScribe and on-device presets). That part of the DNA200 feature set alone crushes the X Cube in terms of functionality. The difference in vape quality is tangible between the two, you have to try it yourself to truly appreciate how much better it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm anything BUT an Evolv fanboy, it's just that the DNA200 is markedly superior to the X Cube II in every respect but price.

I'd say a DNA200 is easily worth at least twice what the X Cube sells for just for the superior vape alone. Anything over that, you're paying a premium for the enclosure (and some are more worth that premium than others).

Reactions: Rockwell222

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
When a dna200 is the same price as an xcube maybe you'd be making valid points croak but right now your comparing just a chip that costs more then the whole xcube so not really sure what point your making. Xcube is not perfect no one has said it is and I don't have mine yet and know it has quirks but it's not as grim as you make it sound. I've only had my hands on a friends xcube for a total of four days and managed to get perfectly acceptable tc vaping on it with nickel a lot better then my tc50.

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
you people do know that in the X-cube II menu that you select options by holding the firebutton instead of waiting 5 seconds right?

and so far I am hating my DNA 200. I gave up on trouble shooting and just manually made the TCR on the DNA 200 the same as the X-cube II and it works a ton better.

Reactions: TheLordWinter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread