Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I know, it's hard to get excited about a new tank at the moment, with so many...and lord knows I've been burned lately by getting pumped too early, but this new airflow system for it sounds pretty cool. And the top fill looks perfect.

I've been watching early reviews all night and many of them keep talking about how this is also going to be a great mouth to lung also with the 2.0 coils, which is making this pretty temping. But no more preordering....must wait for real world reviews. I can't find a firm release date, but I'm betting in the next few weeks.

Update- and if anyone has zero self control like I do, myvaporstore has it in stock tonight.

This guy has a really great half hour breakdown of it:

And here's a shorter nice review:

And Tony has a new one:

Last edited:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Already been mentioned on here and we have all watched the reviews. Just another thread made before searching the forums first. ECF must have the most duplicates on any known forum in the world. A rule that needs addressing but never is.

EDIT - Mental note, never post before a vape and coffee and after a really bad weekend

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladiekali

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Already been mentioned on here and we have all watched the reviews. Just another thread made before searching the forums first. ECF must have the most duplicates on any known forum in the world. A rule that needs addressing but never is.

Have we all? This was the first I've heard of it. I'm betting some other people are in the same boat as me. I did search before posting but couldn't find a thread on this. Maybe I'm not used to the new search, but I even looked through clearo manually for the last month or so, and nothing.

Reactions: Bird Dog

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Have we all? This was the first I've heard of it. I'm betting some other people are in the same boat as me. I did search before posting but couldn't find a thread on this. Maybe I'm not used to the new search, but I even looked through clearo manually for the last month or so, and nothing.
Ignore me, I'm a grumpy old goat this morning, my apologies

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Won't take drip tips? I hate metal tips.

It takes any drip tip. I'm using a plastic standard one now that I like. I just ignore the top airflow thing and it covers it is all...I'm not a fan. And the glass one it comes with is actually pretty nice. It comes with 2. I hate metal tips too.

And I've never done this before, but I was just about to respond to you in the other thread, I'll cut from that-

You like the Apex? That's good to know. I've heard lots of great things about the isub G. The 2 ohm coils seem hard to find. Now I'm not sure whether to get the isub G now or wait for the Apex?

The other one is the Herakles using Atlantis V2 1ohm coil. Both of those are supossed to be a step up in flavor to the Nautilus which I'm using now.

Those Atlantis V2 coils are versitle and seem to fit a number of sub ohm tanks. I wish they'd come out with 1.3 or 1.5 ohm. They will also fit the iJust2 but I haven't heard much about it.

Your definatley not alone. I'm seeing more and more comments about wishing there were more available for non sub ohmer's. I'm not crazy about big clouds of vaper and prefer to stealth vape.

Yeah it took some looking but Vaporbeast has the 2.0 coils in stock: http://www.vaporbeast.com/innokin-isub-replacement-coils-5-pack.html They now have the Apex in stock too, I say do it! I read on some other sites that they're expecting to get them in too. I think it's that they're still semi new, but they should be more available going forward. Or that's my assumption.

And from all the vidoes I've watched, the Apex is an upgrade in pretty much every way over the isubG. No real reason to go for it since it's the same coils, and the flavor is better on the Apex.

I'm actually just now trying the 2.0 coils for the first time on it...you're getting my first real time thoughts here. Dude...so good. So simple. I'm at 14 Watts and it vapes better than any other I've ever had at this range. And the top fill is just so simple. Love it. Only minor beef I can think of (I gotta list something) the coils sometimes make a popping sound like I used to get with my eleaf air tank. Minor thing, and there may be a reason that can be avoided, it's not all the time; but just something to note.

Also, one more thing I thought of- I do wish it had more juice capacity. The top fill makes up for it, but Innokin needs to make a mega version that holds at least 5 mils.

Last edited:

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
Picked one up from Vaporbeast earlier this week and some 2.0 ohm coils and all I can say is WOW! This tank is crazy. The flavor is top notch and at only 10 watts on my Provari3 the vapor production is ridiculous. Currently vaping Bombies Black out City Max VG as that's my go to juice when I test out the flavor on all my new tanks and it tastes perfect and it's wicking like a champ! I heard a reviewer sat that it's not possible to get a MTL vape off these but I disagree. I have my AFC closed almost completely with just a sliver open and it's perfect for MTL imo. Very happy with my purchase :D

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Still wish they had made a 1 or 1.2ish but I'm glad to hear the 2.0 is working well.

I can't seem to MTL anymore but if I can close off the AFC and make a 2.0 work, it might be worth grabbing a pack just to try. If I'm just popping out to the store, I almost always just throw an iSub on a iStick 30 and roll. The pair is light as a feather and the PC tank makes it durable.
Might make a workable stealthy vape with the 2.0.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Still wish they had made a 1 or 1.2ish but I'm glad to hear the 2.0 is working well.

I can't seem to MTL anymore but if I can close off the AFC and make a 2.0 work, it might be worth grabbing a pack just to try. If I'm just popping out to the store, I almost always just throw an iSub on a iStick 30 and roll. The pair is light as a feather and the PC tank makes it durable.
Might make a workable stealthy vape with the 2.0.

Ok, these 2.0 coils are really something....you can mouth to lung like Bird Dog said above, but I swear you can basically sub on them too. I mean, not like a full hit, but it's actually a lot like I get with a 1.2 coil, where it's a half inhale. This is blowing my mind. It's hard to explain. I just tested it all the way open and actually....I'm doing a full inhale off the 2.0 wow.

Definitely different than what I imagined a 2.0 would be. It's not tighter at all actually. I saw in one review, it's the same coil size/airflow as the .5. Where as the triton 1.8 coils were made with a tighter draw for instance. So it's sort of a choose your own adventure based on the tank airflow alone. And tons of vapor....my god. They made the tank I always wanted. I swear I don't work for Innokin btw. This thing is making me lose my sh-t now.

Reactions: Bird Dog

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
How bad is the fogging of the glass, does it make it near impossible to see the juice level or is it not too bad?

Right, I meant to mention this. So it seems to depend on the juice. The first one I had fogged up a lot. I could still see the juice, but just had to move it a bit. But with this other juice, it's not fogging anymore...I can't figure out why the juice would make a difference. Maybe it's the wattage level. So it kinda sucks, but not the end of the world.

But it's also not to easiest to see your juice level otherwise too, just because of the two layers of glass. So I think that's actually the part that is bugging people, and the fogging just amplifies that; if that makes sense.

And jhhollier, the flavor really is great. I haven't done a side by side comparison yet with the same juice on a different tank, but I'm planning on it soon. For sure it's at least about equal to the best I've tried, clearo wise.

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
Right, I meant to mention this. So it seems to depend on the juice. The first one I had fogged up a lot. I could still see the juice, but just had to move it a bit. But with this other juice, it's not fogging anymore...I can't figure out why the juice would make a difference. Maybe it's the wattage level. So it kinda sucks, but not the end of the world.

But it's also not to easiest to see your juice level otherwise too, just because of the two layers of glass. So I think that's actually the part that is bugging people, and the fogging just amplifies that; if that makes sense.

And jhhollier, the flavor really is great. I haven't done a side by side comparison yet with the same juice on a different tank, but I'm planning on it soon. For sure it's at least about equal to the best I've tried, clearo wise.

Very strange, did you clean it in between the different juices? I wonder if there was some residue in the tank or something and cleaning it fixed it up. I think I'll have to give it a go to satisfy my curiosity since there are so many reports of fantastic flavour, I like that the coils are really cheap too.

Reactions: drysprocket

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Haven't bought a tank since the Zephyrus (and what a disappointment that thing is) but this will be my next. I like that I can vape at lower wattage and get better battery life. I was eyeballing a Crown for awhile but I don't want to have to vape and rather high wattage to have a good experience. Thanks.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Picked one up from Vaporbeast earlier this week and some 2.0 ohm coils and all I can say is WOW! This tank is crazy. The flavor is top notch and at only 10 watts on my Provari3 the vapor production is ridiculous. Currently vaping Bombies Black out City Max VG as that's my go to juice when I test out the flavor on all my new tanks and it tastes perfect and it's wicking like a champ! I heard a reviewer sat that it's not possible to get a MTL vape off these but I disagree. I have my AFC closed almost completely with just a sliver open and it's perfect for MTL imo. Very happy with my purchase :D

So with the 2.0, I had the airflow closed almost completely and was vaping on it for awhile at around 14 watts for MTL, and then I started getting a little burning taste at the end of longer draws. Since the coils are rated for up to 16 watts I figured that would be fine. I think it ripped on it too hard and burnt out my first coil. I have a new one in and no problems now but I'm keeping the airflow more open.

Have you experienced this? I figure it was because I was just running it too hard with not enough airflow, but just curious since you're doing it with just the sliver open. I just want to find the limits and see how far and I can take her.

And JB86, I didn't clean it between juices, but I'm realizing that the fog probably has more to do with .5 coil. I think subers will likely experience it with all the air running through. But so far with the 2.0 coil, no real fog issues.

Reactions: J_B_86

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Sweet-Vapes just got this in, so I added it to my cart along with the 2.0 Ohm coils. Their price was the same as MyVaporStore($25.95), but MVS didn't have the 2.0 coils. Order placed with Sweet-Vapes. This tank has me very curious and excited. I am a flavor chaser, so it sounds right up my alley.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Sweet-Vapes just got this in, so I added it to my cart along with the 2.0 Ohm coils. Their price was the same as MyVaporStore($25.95), but MVS didn't have the 2.0 coils. Order placed with Sweet-Vapes. This tank has me very curious and excited. I am a flavor chaser, so it sounds right up my alley.

Nice, I just picked up a 2nd one a Vaporbeast, since they have the 2.0 coils, but the tank is $29. Free shipping so it sort of evens out, but that's a great deal. I think these will be under $20 soon enough.

Let us know how you like it. I feel like a one man show on this thread, hah.

Reactions: Jingles

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
So with the 2.0, I had the airflow closed almost completely and was vaping on it for awhile at around 14 watts for MTL, and then I started getting a little burning taste at the end of longer draws. Since the coils are rated for up to 16 watts I figured that would be fine. I think it ripped on it too hard and burnt out my first coil. I have a new one in and no problems now but I'm keeping the airflow more open.

Have you experienced this? I figure it was because I was just running it too hard with not enough airflow, but just curious since you're doing it with just the sliver open. I just want to find the limits and see how far and I can take her.

And JB86, I didn't clean it between juices, but I'm realizing that the fog probably has more to do with .5 coil. I think subers will likely experience it with all the air running through. But so far with the 2.0 coil, no real fog issues.

No issues at all when I had it at 10 watts but I took it up to 12 and started to notice a bit of burnt flavor myself. I think you need to keep the watts low if you want to truly MTL these coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread