Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
Hey how's that little space drops taste? I'm thinking about picking up some. As to my mix, it's REALLY hard to stay out of it, I'm probably gonna cave in and fill a tank with it this week end :D

-Kingboomer

I use L S D all the time. "Hint of roasted walnut" my ***--that is all I use it for really...that and it does seem to strengthen my tobacco blends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a huge fan of Vaping Zone's Virginia Flu Cured concentrate, but have yet to find the right percentage. I'm working with about 2.5% right now, will see how it turns out. I am wondering if there are any other tobaccos that would blend well with the VA Flu Cured stuff...

Reactions: Dixie1954

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I use 1-3% where most others are using 5-9%. The highest I go is 6% of a 10% dilution of Rustica as a stand alone. I think my taste just continues to awaken. At almost 5 years vaping now. Most tabs are just too sweet for me anymore. For example HS Indian at 3% is now sickly sweet. At 1% the tobacco is too light. I used to love it at 3%.

Still hoping to find one or two that can work for me. ;) Thinking about HS Turkish, INW Latakia, possibly HS Pipe. I need dry.

Sorry in haste didn't see your join date.. Well Mobile on new site doesn't show for me.
---

Oh Ok, yeah.. I'm going on 4 years.. I hear you, flavors I used to like don't jive well. Sweetness I definitely avoid, even highway became too rich a while back..

I've been looking at the Turkish for some time.. Never tried yet, I feel it may lean a little toward sweet or nut though, people have said its like desert ship but stronger in tobacco less in musty nuttiness. . The pipe may be OK, some say it has no flavor, but I bet it does.. its just much more subtle, not in your face or sweet.

I have some hs CO tobacco (cohiba) some say no flavor.. Well it does have a light dry flavor, a little cigar wraper.. But its mostly a dry vape with a different mouth feel & a cigar feel not flavor imo.. some say a hint of saltiness in background.

My favorite tobacco vape has always been Virginia. When I started DIY several years ago, that was the first recipe I experimented with because it's the one flavor I have going all the time. I wanted a blend that was as close to BWB as I could get. It's not a fancy vape by any means but it just works for me. I think it tastes like fresh cigarette tobacco smells, if that makes sense--- that smell you'd get when you opened a fresh pack of smokes. I use FA Virginia and mix 2-3 drops of TA per 10 ml of flavoring. I then make my juice at 3% of the mixture and add some ethyl maltol to round it out. It's the first thing I go to with my morning coffee and the flavor I grab after a meal. The TA I use came from TFA before she stopped selling it so I'm not sure what category it fits in, but if I had to take a guess, I'd say it's Virginia TA.

@Lyndagayle I agree with you 100%, I love the Virginia Flu Cured Tobacco Concentrate from Vaping Zone.

Kingboomer

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Commerce City, CO
Sorry in haste didn't see your join date.. Well Mobile on new site doesn't show for me.
---

Oh Ok, yeah.. I'm going on 4 years.. I hear you, flavors I used to like don't jive well. Sweetness I definitely avoid, even highway became too rich a while back..

I've been looking at the Turkish for some time.. Never tried yet, I feel it may lean a little toward sweet or nut though, people have said its like desert ship but stronger in tobacco less in musty nuttiness. . The pipe may be OK, some say it has no flavor, but I bet it does.. its just much more subtle, not in your face or sweet.

I have some hs CO tobacco (cohiba) some say no flavor.. Well it does have a light dry flavor, a little cigar wraper.. But its mostly a dry vape with a different mouth feel & a cigar feel not flavor imo.. some say a hint of saltiness in background.

I can't comment oh HS yet because I haven't tried it yet, but FA Desert ship and INW Turkish tobacco both seem to lack in nutty flavors, to my taste anyway. The INW is a bit sweeter, but both have that unmistakable Turkish "twang" to it, at least to my taste buds.

-Kingboomer

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
No worries Jeremy. It's interesting how things change as our senses of taste & smell heal. I can tell you what my neighbors are cooking 15 acres over and downwind, where I could not smell a thing a few years ago. I can smell a flavor and know with about 99% accuracy if it has one of the notes I find distasteful. If sample strips were offered like in perfumery, this quest would be so darned easy.

I consider the Turkish as it is supposed to be dry. TW red label Turkish was okay in the day. BC is OOS.

Pipe I know is going to be a crap shoot. I really liked the INW dark pipe. Just something in there causing respiratory issues.

I've gone off cigar flavors of late. If I get a wild hair I have a big bottle of Halo Bella V that I treat as pure flavor now.

The one I really have hope for is Latakia. Herbal & woody sound spot on. Paying for shipping on one flavor though? Naw, gonna try a couple more. ;)

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
You've probably seen I vape Hangsen Arabic. Have for over two years now as my ADEDV. All day every day vape at 3.3%. To me nothing compares.

Its most definitely one to try. Can't guarantee you'll like it of course but if you do its killer. Spicy and woody, awesome th. Notes of Arabic spices. I pick up a curry note, some say they taste cedar too. Its wonderful in a vape to me.. But I do like spicy food a lot.

Last edited:

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
You've probably seen I vape Arabic. Have for over two years now as my ADEDV. All day every day vape at 3.3%. To me nothing compares.

Its most definitely one to try. Can't guarantee you'll like it of course but if you do its killer. Spicy and woody, awesome th. Notes of Arabic spices. I pick up a curry note, some say they taste cedar too. Its wonderful in a vape to me.. But I do like spicy food a lot.
I did try it on your recommendation. It had a strong maple sweetness I did not care for. Since I've rediscovered VW, maybe I will try a small sample again.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
:D
Yes taste is quite individual. Mixed @ 3% btw. Usually where I start with HS and usually my sweet spot.

I think my pallet's sweet receptors are on overdrive. ;)

Edit to add: base with 1.5% VW, 3% Arabic = sweet perception greatly reduced however the maple perception is still too strong. Will put it away and see how it develops.

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Lol, most of what I get from it is Curry.. Arabic spices. Some say they taste chocolate even... I believe that's the first maple I've heard so you have some unique buds going there..

It seems to be a complex flavor when there are many different tastes in a juice that play to different taste buds.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Arabic steeping. 2% starting point. Started with 100ml mix so I can go to smaller bottles adding flavors. First up is blueberry .5%. Just enough for some depth. The smell is beautiful!
Have not touched any of it yet. Moving the RV to the lake today so it will be a wonderful mello end to a busy day I hope.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
:toast:. :thumbs:

That's great I'm so happy you like it!

Its special for sure... For a certain palette type, it kills everything.. I was gonna tell you before... that if you do like it - warning it may obsolete a lot of flavors for you. :)

Did you ever try any NET's Jeremy? I am just curious if you believe Arabic is better.

I want to try it but I'm very wary, I hate grassy. Some of the Hangsen flavors you say you like I can't tolerate whatsoever.

Highway literally makes me gag.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
No I have not crossed that line.. Lol.

For the last two years I can only vape other flavors for a day at most before I'm back on Arabic 99.9% of the time. I haven't vaped much highway the last year. But I can tell you I never go over 3.5% on hs. Its too much flavoring. Highway at 5% gag, at 3.33% its good.

Hey just ck your pm .. I got something for you.

Reactions: f1vefour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread