Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

underd0g

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2013
MN
Can't think of what if's. If one thing had been different in my life, I would not be with the love of my life. I probably wouldn't have the kids/grandkids that I have and I wouldn't know how strong I really am. :)

Yea this is a universal truth to looking back. However I give myself a little leeway when I'm pondering my childhood.
My parents abandoned me when I was 18 months old. I was in and out of over 60 placements in the span of 18 years.
I figured it out once, I was moved on average once every 2 weeks for 17 years.
Ever hear of a book "A child called it"? That was about the extent of it, maybe worse. So yea, I would have really appreciated at least 1 adult who gave a crap when I was a child.

Sometimes when you want to be through with the past, the past isn't through with you. EH -

Sent from my  ☏

Last edited:

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Well, I DO salute all you mums and dads. My parents divorced when I was 7, and Dad brought up us two girls in the late 60's when a dad getting custody meant going to hearings, fighting and arguing all the way up to the "hanging judge" court. Yep, my dad had to go as high as Judge Jeffries (who issued the last hanging sentence in England). Paternal custody is nearly unheard of even now, but back then….! I'm so glad he did, and he is, always has and always will be my hero. As for having children myself. NOOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! And anyway, my sister has 4, so the King family still has the average average between the two of us. lol.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Yea this is universal truth to looking back. However I give myself a little leeway when I'm pondering my childhood.
My parents abandoned me when I was 18 months old. I was in and out of over 60 placements in the span of 18 years.
Ever hear of a book "A child called it"? That was about the extent of it, maybe worse. So yea, I would have really appreciated at least 1 adult who gave a crap when I was a child.

Sometimes when you want to be through with the past, the past isn't through with you. EH -

Sent from my  ☏
Oh sheesh! You're one of those I want to burst into tears about, when I think of all the rotten stuff that goes on in the world every day to regular folks. Smack yourself on the back right now, and please KNOW how brilliant you are for getting through it all. You have my admiration.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Yea this is universal truth to looking back. However I give myself a little leeway when I'm pondering my childhood.

Sent from my  ☏

What you went through is just not right. Seems like you learned to care about yourself, and that counts a lot. I have a past that likes to try to grab me too. I look it right in the eye and tell it that it doesn't matter. Because, truly, it doesn't. Being here now in the best way you can be matters. No easy task, but it is worth it.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
RJ, you are such an inspiration to those who know you. You ROCK honey! Honestly, freaking ROCK.

:headbang: You deserve a big {HUG} and all the happiness in the world.

EDIT: Morning Army, I feel I need to make an amendment to this post by saying I believe all the gals here are outstanding ladies. Y'all ROCK! Don't know what we would do without you. :toast:

I know what we'd do. Drink more beer and eat more pizza.:p

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
This this this! If I had a company that did onsite child care I'd probably get twice the amount of work done at home with my business.
Of course I'm always second guessing that, all the wonderful memories I've built being home during the day with my little one.
I did it with my 2 older kids, why stop with my 3 year old at this point?

Sent from my  ☏
I agree with that. The bonding during the formative years is something I'll always treasure. When we first moved here both Mama Chak and I worked at home teaching English till the economy crashed and we lost a lot of students - parents couldn't afford it any more, so I had to find work at a school.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Yea this is a universal truth to looking back. However I give myself a little leeway when I'm pondering my childhood.

Sent from my  ☏

Yes, I've heard about it. Saw the guy interviewed once. My heart breaks for the child you were forced to be. My heart sings for the person you have become. {{{{{{ hugs }}}}}}

Oh sheesh! You're one of those I want to burst into tears about, when I think of all the rotten stuff that goes on in the world every day to regular folks. Smack yourself on the back right now, and please KNOW how brilliant you are for getting through it all. You have my admiration.

What she said :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Can't think of what if's. If one thing had been different in my life, I would not be with the love of my life. I probably wouldn't have the kids/grandkids that I have and I wouldn't know how strong I really am. :)
Most of the good things in our lives came to be because of a decision we made to make it come true. At the same time, our decisions can have the opposite effect. And other times part of our lives are determined for us irrespective of anything we did. It's really no different than a poker hand. Do you hold the cards you have? Or do you take one card, two, three? You'll probably get a better hand if you do, but you could also make it worse. And then sometimes it just doesn't matter what you do because someone else dealt your hand.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That's the way that Lady Luck dances
Roll the bones

Neil Peart (from Roll the Bones)

Oh I know! I was telling RJ it's a pita. Drop em off, pick em up, go home. When my kids were young we'd have to keep the babysitter even when I wasn't working in the winter, may to keep from losing her.

With that said, I still wouldnt pay a woman more than a man because they're just too unstable and emotional. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:facepalm: You are incorrigible sometimes Calve. He's joking y'all. I know...hard to tell sometimes. :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread