Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I might be the only one on Planet earth who is bothered by the fact that all three clones have chosen to use the authentic creators logo on their clone. I wish they wouldn't do this. I even sent an email to 3F about this when I ordered mine. :) Along with my thoughts about using the "Evolv dna 40" splash screen at power up when I learned that the chip is not an authentic.

/sigh

Just my own thoughts. Please no flames. I'm old /lol

:)

You are not alone. It bugs the karp out of me.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
No, I wish they were all nonlogoed as well, and I do sometimes buy clones. Some of mine are logoless and some have fake logos. They claim people want the fake logos. I certainly don't. I wouldn't care if it had CLONE stamped on it.

As for changing the chip, the fake DNA40 may work better! Sad, but true. The only one I have does (Kangxin chip).

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Kinda neat, but a bit squared off for my taste, and at $300 USD... I think it's a pass (here).

The minute I saw the price was not in dollars...... nuh uh. No more high end mods from over the ocean blue. Not fer me.

I might be the only one on Planet earth who is bothered by the fact that all three clones have chosen to use the authentic creators logo on their clone. I wish they wouldn't do this. I even sent an email to 3F about this when I ordered mine. :) Along with my thoughts about using the "Evolv DNA 40" splash screen at power up when I learned that the chip is not an authentic.

/sigh

Just my own thoughts. Please no flames. I'm old /lol

:)

No flames whatsoever. I wish they were logo-less as well. Sigh. Whatcha gonna do.

SB, THREE clones? I guess I missed one, but then again, math, NOT my forte.

Reactions: DPLongo22

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I have had one from 3FVape for a couple of days. Really pleased with it so far. Haven't found any issues with it. I am only using it in VW mode so not sure about TC. FYI, Fasttech just came out with a version of this as well. Says it is VW only. It is different from the 3F version. Has logo image but no name on it. There now seems to be 3 different versions of this as Gearbest has one as well.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
A glitch when switching from a tc setup to a power setup. Notice still in temp mode and error message is ohms too high. Still vaped fine and if I did not look in mirror I would not have known it. Just took battery cap off to reset and locked atty again. All is good again

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
im gonna buy one of these, but does anyone know who has the best version? 3F, bestgear, fasttech...etc??

There seems to be small discrepancies between all of the versions available. Anyone know which one is the winner / safest buy?
They are all too new to tell which is the best. Only one is people's hands at this point is the 3F version. Unless something unexpected happens, I love this mod. Form factor is pretty well perfect and it vapes very well.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
They are all too new to tell which is the best. Only one is people's hands at this point is the 3F version. Unless something unexpected happens, I love this mod. Form factor is pretty well perfect and it vapes very well.

What ohms are you running at? Mine wants to stay in temp mode running a 1.2 ohm kanthal. It vapes just fine but does show error message " Ohms is too high". Not too concerned about it as it vapes just fine in power mode with error code

Reactions: Katdarling

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I am also running 1.2 ohm kanthal. Have not seen that message. Mine will change to display the temp instead of volts occasionally. It seems to change the ohms setting at that point as well. Mine vapes fine with those settings. I am not sure about the button functionality at this point given there were no instructions included. Not sure if it is something I am doing to change the setting. Right now, I loosen the battery cover to break the connection and it resets itself once I tighten it again.

Reactions: mgmrick

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
That's pretty much what mine do. I have to get by about 3 seconds of vape time for the error message to pop up. Does not seem to effect the vape at all. So not going to worry too much about as I don't look at screen when vaping

I have been using evolve dna40 instructions.... seem the same

Maybe a evolve dna40 board does that too? I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread