Mech Mods vs VV mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
Your wattage will drop for mech mods. The only reason I may buy one in the future is for reliability and if I decide to do cloud competitions since that's a requirement for those events. I doubt I'll do the latter. I would go with the snow wolf since there's no volt drop off and its safer to use

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
O.O regulated mods wear? o_O how? wouldn't they just basically stay the same like a mech mod with use. the one I'm getting doesn't have built in batteries you have to buy batteries so couldn't I just chuck out the batteries and roll. damn in that case I might switch bad to the mech mod
He was talking about a regulated mod with a built in lipo battery. Which will eventually die / stop being effective. Not applicable to a mod that takes user replaceable batteries, like 18650s.

Reactions: jacob bonilla

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I prefer hassle free vaping so for me it's gotta be the regulated with built in battery. When it wears out chuck it and buy another one. For 35 quid who cares if it only lasts a year or even six months for that matter. Plug and play throw away. Easy.

With my mechs, I insert a battery and push a single button to get a vape that - to me - is just excellent. All from the moment i first push the button until I notice it's time to change batteries. Couldn't think of anything being less of a hassle.

Producing excessive waste and having to replace the most basic of my gear every time a battery starts lacking - is more of a hassle to me. It's just a difference of perspectives.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
O.O regulated mods wear? o_O how? wouldn't they just basically stay the same like a mech mod with use. the one I'm getting doesn't have built in batteries you have to buy batteries so couldn't I just chuck out the batteries and roll. damn in that case I might switch bad to the mech mod
Yes many regulated mods take 18650 batteries. They are removable and you can switch them out just like in a mech. For the reason you mentioned I refuse to use regulated mods with built in batteries. Seems wasteful and like it could malfunction easier

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Elementary.
510 connectors and switches (buttons). A lot of mods failed because of them.
Also solder corrosion, failure of chips with time. It's just how lucky you are. My cheap Vamo still running like new after 1.5 years, guess it just likes me and keeps going.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
Elementary.
510 connectors and switches (buttons). A lot of mods failed because of them.
Also solder corrosion, failure of chips with time. It's just how lucky you are. My cheap Vamo still running like new after 1.5 years, guess it just likes me and keeps going.

so wouldn't that basically make mech mods prone as well? basically in the end all can kaput in due time.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
so wouldn't that basically make mech mods prone as well? basically in the end all can kaput in due time.
Yes. Especially with soft 510 threads, like copper, aluminum or zinc alloy. But for hobbyists, who are really careful and skillful in attaching tanks, they may last quite a long time, as I understand. And (again, I do not own a mech) as I see from posts, buttons of mech mods are repairable in most cases.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Vaping on a kayfun is like trying to drink coffee through one of those little stir straws.

I normally tossed a cigarette that had a hole/tear in the paper.

But still missing the point of the continued relevance of mechanicals.

The way the political climate is surrounding e-cigs, it's prudent to at least learn HOW to be self reliant. It doesn't take all that many brain cells to figure out how to make your own mechanical/unregulated PV if push should ever come to shove.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread