Cthulhu RTA V2 (similar posts to the velocity rda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Here is my 26ga TI 2.5mm .14 ohm it is wicking great

Nice job Dave, Looks very neat :thumb:. I assumed that Rhyno was talking about the single coil deck I think, maybe because That's all that I have used to this point, I went back and re-read and he didn't specify. If I have concerns with my single coil deck at this point then I need to figure this wicking out before going to the Dual deck, but that's for my case, and it has only happened twice to me, in all fairness. No Problems With my Cthulhu V2, I just have to adjust what I'm doing, that's all. I'll get there though. Damn, I Do Love this tank !!:thumbs: It's Less Filling, AND Taste Great. ;)

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'm using the dual coil deck. We'll see what happens when my new batch shows up, hopefully before I leave for work tomorrow.

New Batch, of juice I would assume ? Just remember, it's the wicking that will make or break a build in MOST cases, at least that's the toughest part for me, to the point of even giving a different flavor. I cut my KGD to about 7mm wide strips, I don't take any layers off either. That's using a 3mm ID coil. Still experimenting on how much to poke down the wick channels (whether to thin the wick ends or not, and if I do, by how much).

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
I find that when using the wicking ring, the key is to have the wick just to the bottom of the ring, and not too tight in there...I thin out the cotton so that it fills something around half of the space under the wicking ring. wicks perfectly then, and doesn't leak, even when laid on its side.

Vapin Dave

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2015
California
I find that when using the wicking ring, the key is to have the wick just to the bottom of the ring, and not too tight in there...I thin out the cotton so that it fills something around half of the space under the wicking ring. wicks perfectly then, and doesn't leak, even when laid on its side.
Oh, I will have to try that next time. I have been putting a little bit all the way to the bottom of the channels with no issue but Id like to compare the 2 ways

Reactions: 52anddone

TonyB66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
London, UK

This is my experience as well. Stuff too much in the channel and you will dry hit.

ojmalik

Oct 6, 2015
I really want to love this tank but I've had a lot of problems with it. Dry hits with 26g kanthal dual coils 0.5ohm with 32watts. Wicked it 4 times and kinda fixed it. Now it leaks when top filled. Somehow it leaks even when juice flow is closed. Haven't had problems with my Goliath v2.. Maybe I have to play with cthulhu more.

I've had it leak once, also with the juice flow closed, it leaked out between the tank and the juice flow control ring. I guess the pressure created when screwing the top back on overcame the o-ring between the two. Now i'll tighten the top till it's o-ring just touches and flip it upside down to tighten the rest of the way and open the juice control 1/2 turn or 1 turn depending on juice i'm using. I've found even with 80%VG i dont need to open juice control more then 1 turn for a perfect vape (for me anyway). Coming froma subtank mini with rba base, this thing can be really finnicky. But man the flavor from the velocity deck is out of this world good.

Reactions: Vapin Dave

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
I was totally stoked for the two post deck but I'm so loving the single deck. After doing low ohm/high wattage builds for months, and really digging it, I'm shocked to find myself totally loving a single coil, three strands of 26 twisted, 2 mm, 6 wraps. It comes in at right around .6 ohms and I've been loving it anywhere from 11 to 30 watts. :)

Fahrenheit

Oct 8, 2015
26g kanthal 8 wraps 2.5mm spaced, 0.5ohm.
Now it at least wicks, hope it's not leaking. Flavor is still bit weak compared to the Goliath V2 with same setup and juice. Improvement tips?

Attachments

• DSC_1191-01.jpeg
    DSC_1191-01.jpeg
    482.8 KB · Views: 60

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Now it at least wicks, hope it's not leaking. Flavor is still bit weak compared to the Goliath V2 with same setup and juice. Improvement tips?

You could try to move your coils down so that they are closer to the airhole.
Best way to do this is when you are mounting your coils, with whatever you wrapped your coil around being used to pull down the complete coil, obviously making sure that the coil is firmly secured in the post holes first.

Reactions: Thayamax

Fahrenheit

Oct 8, 2015
You could try to move your coils down so that they are closer to the airhole.
Best way to do this is when you are mounting your coils, with whatever you wrapped your coil around being used to pull down the complete coil, obviously making sure that the coil is firmly secured in the post holes first.

Thanks, I'll test that tomorrow. Goliath worked best with coils that high so I did the same with this.

Vapin Dave

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2015
California
A little less width wise in your juice channels and maybe a little longer in the channels as well? Not to the bottom though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread