Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I have the Navy Blue pre-production and after fixing the display, it works great. Of course Hana did nothing to get me a replacement display. The black one is pre-production, at least in their photo but they suck with pics of their products. If you really want one, I'd buy at Hyperion vape. At least they give you free shipping rather than overcharing for USPS shipping.
http://hyperionvape.com/collections...a-modz-v200-pre-production?variant=6844387459

Thanks for that. I think I'm going to wait for the blue when Hyperion gets them in (but that copper one sounds interesting ... Uh oh, I better hide my wallet from myself lol). For a small one, I can't handle the vapor shark flat black rubberized finish -- just not for me. I have a 1,300 mAh sized mod in mind already (I think you know what I mean ;)). So far, the Hana production looks like the right small one.

Ratpackid

Sep 17, 2014
Chicago
Thanks for that. I think I'm going to wait for the blue when Hyperion gets them in (but that copper one sounds interesting ... Uh oh, I better hide my wallet from myself lol). For a small one, I can't handle the vapor shark flat black rubberized finish -- just not for me. I have a 1,300 mAh sized mod in mind already (I think you know what I mean ;)). So far, the Hana production looks like the right small one.
I live really close to Hyperion and that's where I got mine. I would not have got one if I didn't get to hold one and see how small it was. I have had some not so good experiences there, but when I went in for this the guy I dealt with was great and he told me if I had any problems just bring it in and he will give me a new one. That's what sold me on it. It really is a great mod and I have not had a single issue (knock on wood). The 950mah battery last's almost 2 days vaping at 25w and the 510 is one of the best I have seen on a mod.

Reactions: Mad Scientist

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Copper is that orange looking one posted a few posts back.

Reactions: Mad Scientist

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
what is the best DNA200 replacement for my aging Vapor Flask? - I am kind of spoiled with the display I can see while vaping, and with the long battery life & convenience of dual 18650's - but I want something that is more titanium aware, but built like a tank and bulletproof reliable like my VF. I use an original Kanger subtank RBA and really never vape higher than 25 watts or so.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
what is the best DNA200 replacement for my aging Vapor Flask? - I am kind of spoiled with the display I can see while vaping, and with the long battery life & convenience of dual 18650's - but I want something that is more titanium aware, but built like a tank and bulletproof reliable like my VF. I use an original Kanger subtank RBA and really never vape higher than 25 watts or so.
Are you looking for a dual 18650 DNA200?

I think the GV Boxer 18650 model is about the only mass produced DNA200 out right now.

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
Are you looking for a dual 18650 DNA200?

I think the GV Boxer 18650 model is about the only mass produced DNA200 out right now.

yeah, I don't need a proprietary battery that is getting bad reports of battery life anyway, I like to have hot batteries in the charger, ready to go! - 18650's ain't broke, don't fix it!

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
yeah, I don't need a proprietary battery that is getting bad reports of battery life anyway, I like to have hot batteries in the charger, ready to go! - 18650's ain't broke, don't fix it!
Gotcha. Dual 18650 is limited to 133W, but it sounds like that's still plenty of power for you.

The Boxer 133W:
https://gingervaper.com/product/boxer-mod-133w-with-evolv-dna200-temperature-control/

Oh, there is also the vero by steammonkey, its triple 18650, but is still pre-order: http://www.steammonkey.com/Vero_DNA200_p/vero.htm

Or you can wait for more dual 18650 options, I know the Whiteout DNA will have a 18650 config available whenever it's released. Or I'm sure there are custom mod makers offering dual 18650 options.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
what is the best DNA200 replacement for my aging Vapor Flask? - I am kind of spoiled with the display I can see while vaping, and with the long battery life.

BFDjPAQ.jpeg

ojmBcxU.jpeg

ieGc61x.jpeg

Something like this? :D

DNA200 in a vaporshark made. vaporflask running 2 18650. Vtc5 at 19.24wh. Amazing. Limited to 133w, but who cares. I bought this from another member here on ECF, I'm pretty sure this is the only one in existence. :B pretty awesome!

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I have 3 DNA200 mods, the VS DNA200, Hana v200 and BRD200 (3d printed with 1300mah 3s). The VS and Hana both have a 900mah battery or 950mah, same thing, different ratings and lasts a full day of heavy vaping at 25w (.10Ω, 460°F). The BRD200 easily lasts 2 days but it's bulky so it's strictly relegated to home-use (desk, actually). I've been carrying the v200 around as my beater DNA200 and it's pretty tough. I've dropped it on concrete from about 2' and there are no scratches at all on it. I don't think the VS would've survived unscathed. I do like the VS better though. It's about 10mm wider and a couple of mm shorter and about the same thickness but it feels much better than the Hana. The fire button feels better too. No issues with the finish so far. My rDNA40 had no issues with the finish either but the finish on the fire button is completely worn off.

I like the VS much better but If you can get the Hana from Hyperion Vape (someone with actual support), it's worth it too.

Reactions: Phone Guy

RainZG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2015
Croatia, Europe
DNA200 in a vaporshark made. vaporflask running 2 18650. Vtc5 at 19.24wh. Amazing. Limited to 133w, but who cares. I bought this from another member here on ECF, I'm pretty sure this is the only one in existence. :B pretty awesome!

I do hate you :)

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
BFDjPAQ.jpeg

ojmBcxU.jpeg

ieGc61x.jpeg

Something like this? :D

Yes, I want one!

at least this tells me it's doable!

ask the maker of this if he wants to make more - this would be a great seller! - I'm in!

RainZG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2015
Croatia, Europe
Yes, I want one!

at least this tells me it's doable!

ask the maker of this if he wants to make more - this would be a great seller! - I'm in!

It would be quite expensive, at least that is my guess.
Cost of VaporFlask + cost of DNA200 + cost of modification, could easily be 300$+

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
It would be quite expensive, at least that is my guess.
Cost of VaporFlask + cost of DNA200 + cost of modification, could easily be 300$+
I'm guessing you'd be better off to find a broken big screen flask and start there. If I could find one for cheap, I guarantee you I'd solder a 200 (133) in there. How much bigger is the big screen flask compared to the small? I have a silver Waidea flask not being used. I'd spend $80 to fit the chip and route out the screen hole a little bigger.

EDIT: the USB port would be a problem. It wouldn't line up or even be the same orientation compared with the existing one cut in. I'd have to make some sort of adapter or something.............

Last edited:

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
The Flasks are the same size big screen or little screen. I have both so I can guarantee that part.

I have not seen a clone large screen flask yet, but I'm sure they're out there? So assuming you had to buy a large screen Vaporshark vaporflask, plus dna200, plus have the skill to extend the screen cable, remove the onboard usb and rewire that to an external USB board that would mount in the same place as the factory charger of the flask... Quite a build. I've retrofitted dn40 in a couple of small screen Flasks, and that's child's play compared to what's involved with doing a dna200 flask. At least imho.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
The Flasks are the same size big screen or little screen. I have both so I can guarantee that part.

I have not seen a clone large screen flask yet, but I'm sure they're out there? So assuming you had to buy a large screen Vaporshark vaporflask, plus dna200, plus have the skill to extend the screen cable, remove the onboard usb and rewire that to an external USB board that would mount in the same place as the factory charger of the flask... Quite a build. I've retrofitted dn40 in a couple of small screen Flasks, and that's child's play compared to what's involved with doing a dna200 flask. At least imho.
Ya you're right, screen ribbon wouldn't be long enough as well as the USB port needing to be moved. Too hard for me, scratch that idea.

RainZG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2015
Croatia, Europe

And also change battery connections as in VF batteries are in paraller and for dna200 they should be connected in series. That is part that is bugging me the most

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread