SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnie71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
South Australia
Well for what its worth, I am still using SS in Ti mode and getting great satisfaction.
Three months of constant use, no problems with paint or anything else at all. Sure I would like to see an upgrade for Ti and Stainless.
But I don't have anything to grumble about, I was pre-warned prior to buying it that it was heavy by the b & m and made my choice. At its launch I think we were all aware of its specifications.
I love this SXmini M class, still looks as if it arrived today and unboxed. :thumbs::vapor:

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Well for what its worth, I am still using SS in Ti mode and getting great satisfaction.
Three months of constant use, no problems with paint or anything else at all. Sure I would like to see an upgrade for Ti and Stainless.
But I don't have anything to grumble about, I was pre-warned prior to buying it that it was heavy by the b & m and made my choice. At its launch I think we were all aware of its specifications.
I love this SXmini M class, still looks as if it arrived today and unboxed. :thumbs::vapor:
What kind of SS have you been using? Just curious because I'm looking to get more, really like it so far though. Moreso than Ti, of ni200.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Zinc cannot be annodized. They selected zinc because it's cheaper to manufacture. The downside is that there is no way to paint it and make it last and it's to *&&^%*/#@ Heavy.

If they want to sell at a premium price they should use premium materials IMHO. Cheap doesn't cut it at $200.

Duane

Zinc alloy has certain advantages and disadvantages versus other alloys. It may not be your ideal material, but it's a suitable choice for mods. If though it's not what someone wants, there are high-end mods for about $400 and up using more expensive materials.

Reactions: burnie71

burnie71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
South Australia
What kind of SS have you been using? Just curious because I'm looking to get more, really like it so far though. Moreso than Ti, of ni200.

Up to now only the Crown coils .25 and .5, using them in Ti mode 38J @ 425F with .5 right now.
Don't know what SS I will use when it comes to using the RBA, but most likely the same as supplied.
I have 2 packs of .5 1 of .25 so will be a while before I re-build as these coils just keep on going.
BTW although I am using Ti mode with the SS as yet have not experienced a dry hit, I don't usually let my juice run too low but as a one off I did try to vape it dry and all I got was very low vapour reduction so just maybe TC works with the stainless in Ti.
:toast:

Last edited:

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
There will be a finalized TI firmware update coming soon as well as a SS tc test firmware for the M class.

Stay tuned folks!
I am really glad to read about the update. First I'm impressed that Yihi didn't abandon the M class now that the ML is on its way. I think that they have proven themselves as a quality provider of cutting edge chips and mods.
Second I'm really interested in using SS.
I agree with the OP that they should up their game as far as the materials they use.
Over all I'm impressed with the mod itself.
I was really curious to see what Provape would bring to the market. I have to say I am under impressed by what the mod will deliver at least early on.
As far as quality you can't beat them but another VW device at this stage is very late in the game.
I use my M mostly for TC and my S class for when I use Kanthal.
Not sure I'll jump on the ML but I can't wait to see what YIHI delivers for the December release.

Sent from my iPhone

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Charge it thru the USB port.

Yep. I hate changing the battery, and I'm one of those people who never had a problem with the USB port on my S-class, and don't expect to have one on my M-class either. But, if I do, I'm comfortable with electronics repair, so not a big deal.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I was really curious to see what Provape would bring to the market. I have to say I am under impressed by what the mod will deliver at least early on.

They haven't even released the full specs yet (that will happen Tuesday). So far we know its' a single 18650, "more than 30W" (most believe 35-40W), and does not have TC (but implied it may be coming with a firmware update). By itself, that covers 90% of the vaping world - we're the exception, not the rule. To think ProVape would compete in this market is not knowing ProVape.

Think of the Radius as an upgrade to the P3, and that makes it a worthy upgrade. I have a P3 for low power vaping (SubTank mini, Kayfun, etc.) and the M-class for high power vaping and TC. Sure, I could use the SX for low power also, but I like to mix up my mod usage, including mechanicals.

ProVape are also very conservative for safety reasons. The SX will draw 20A from the battery when set for 60W and the battery is at the end of the voltage cutoff of 3.3V. For most high-quality batteries, that's 100% of the CDR - a place ProVape will NEVER be. To think YiHi allow us to go to 75W is scary really. A defective battery, an older battery, a fake battery... asking for trouble pushing the limits. Plus, with the voltage sag when trying to pull that much current from a single cell...

Of interest, ProVape are also shipping the Radius with a battery, avoiding the risk of a fake, or the end user installing an old battery. Great idea. Remember their market - the non-technical, "set & forget" demographic who prefer safety and build quality above all else.

Reactions: Unior

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
I know Provape well. I own 3 including a P3. None of which really fit my vaping style today.
I believe they are set in their ways. They are too conservative in my opinion. Battery empty sign
at 3.6 volts vaping at 18 watts is unnecessary. They make a product that caters to those that are trying to stay of traditional tobacco products. I'm long past that stage. What I was looking for was temp guessing. For me it works and works well. I also like being able to Vape right down to a dry coil without a hint of a dry hit. Yihi isn't guessing on that feature.
Not knocking anyone. Just stating my opinion which is an opinion.
Temp control is here to stay so all they made in my opinion was an updated P3 in boxy shape. 60 watts is more than I need but nice to its there if I want it without having to change devices. This is a Yihi thread so I don't want to discuss another brand. I'm really glad that Yihi will be releasing another update to include SS.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: GeekyGeezer

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
you know what? I used to always bash china and say buy usa or Europe. then I saw seemingly good products. I did a 360 and started praising china. it seems it you look at any high end product from china they still cut corners somewhere. usa and Europe tend not to do this on their flagship products. I guess the Chinese have no shame. well, it is a shame that is zinc to save a little money and sell it for $200. for $200+ you have other choices. until they fix the paint I now suggest people speak with their wallet. the thing is otherwise outstanding. I do not know why they had to go and do that to it. for a $200 mod to look like mine is uncalled for imo. I hate to say this but it seems to me the Chinese are into saving a buck no matter what level the product. shafting the customer is unfair imo. sorry for my rant but they have ruined an otherwise perfect product here. getting used to dna200 and I can tell you the hana is a nicer box. still prefer 350j but not the box it is in. I am torn I guess. if I knew how to use escribe perhaps this would change. no one replied to my questions about it in the hana thread and I will not cross post here. I understand some had no paint issues. please do not flame me. I am trying to give my honest opinion on this product. if you are bold just drag your fingernail across the paint. do not blame me for what is going to happen though. the way the paint jumped off 3 of mine speaks for itself. to me at least. just for $200 they should do better. sure, the centerpiece is the 350j which it showcases. that they really got right. I just think for that price you should get the whole package. of course I have $500 customs that lack quality. that is a given though it is made in someone's garage not a huge iso factory.

please just don't go get mad at me guys. I think I have made a fair and valid point. hopefully yihi sees this but doubt they care.

Edit: okay, I am sorry I went and did this yet again. I am just really disappointed about my paint jobs. if all that matters to you is functionality I still say this is your gig. I figured out escribe and honestly I still prefer the vape I get from the 350j. no computer needed either. except to upgrade of course. now, if you have a m-class I am not sure yet you need a ml unless you just want one. it does not seem to be a vastly, but slightly upgraded device. whereas dna200 is vastly different than dna40. not that it matters because I am still using my now denuded m-class and not my shiny new hana v200. whatever works for you is what matters. the paint does not even really bother me but I consider it a flaw in the design nonetheless. to a lot of people this is a lot of money in fact. you really should be able to expect the full enchilada for this money imo. some had fine paint, others don't care. either way it is my main mod. I really did not intend to steer anyone in any direction. honestly, it seems every single mod you can get has some shortcoming. just choose what you like or the least of the evils you can deal with. that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: druckle

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
I have no idea if you are right, but I sure hope so.

I'm pretty sure of that. But u can't post the details here because i got an infraction the last time i did that.

When? I'm ready to sell my sxmini and buy a dna200

I believe it will be out in less than a month.

Why not keep the sx mini and buy a DNA200?

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Just posted by Perry on FB...

Folks a final version for the M Class software will be released very shortly. You can pick Ni200, Ti, or set your own wire TCR and use say SS. Then when you synch your coil you have an option to set a temp offset in degrees C ...

If they are supporting TCR adjustments that will be awesome!

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Just posted by Perry on FB...

Folks a final version for the M Class software will be released very shortly. You can pick Ni200, Ti, or set your own wire TCR and use say SS. Then when you synch your coil you have an option to set a temp offset in degrees C ...

If they are supporting TCR adjustments that will be awesome!

Jim,

Where did you get the good news and can you define "Shortly"? ;)

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Jim,

Where did you get the good news and can you define "Shortly"? ;)
Perry VariTube just posted this on the SX Mini Brotherhood FB page 25 minutes ago. That is all I know but I bet he knows something for sure with his connections to Yihi.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Perry VariTube just posted this on the SX Mini Brotherhood FB page 25 minutes ago. That is all I know but I bet he knows something for sure with his connections to Yihi.

Thank you Sir, That is some of the best news I have heard in some time. :)

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Thank you Sir, That is some of the best news I have heard in some time. :)
Yes for sure! I guess that would put quite a damper on all the naysayers we have heard from in the last couple of months. I myself was disappointed too thinking they forgot about all of us but I guess they were working on this for some time, maybe wanting to just get it right and not a repeat of the first upgrade.

:banana::rickroll::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread