Official ProVari Radius Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
Morning all! Flying visit and catch up - before I go do something to take my mind off waiting all day for more exciting developments.The mad thing is I already know it will have everything (and more) for my style of vaping :facepalm: so I'm not sure why I haven't calmed down a bit by now...

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I dun think so. How tall is it?
Goblin Mini is roughly 40 mm (~1.5") tall

(And yes, I know it doesn't have capacity - that's OK with me - I want a stubby little tank!)

I think the Kabuki is 37mm without driptip...(and the goblin mini 28mm without driptip)....so it's pretty small....then there is also the more generic (and cheap, with cheap coils!) eleaf GS-tank at I believe 31 mm (also without driptip)....I am also always looking for the smallest tanks out there....gotto keep it short :)!

I would love the idea of an even shorter Kabuki, but I don't think the Nauti coils would fit anymore.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Morning all! Flying visit and catch up - before I go do something to take my mind off waiting all day for more exciting developments.The mad thing is I already know it will have everything (and more) for my style of vaping :facepalm: so I'm not sure why I haven't calmed down a bit by now...

gear sweats.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Not sure where we are at on this new provari thing. Last Sat morning, I tripped and fell while working in the yard, breaking my hip, so since then have been away from the forum. Really hard to use this phone in hospitals, and rehabs. Don't know when I'll be able to check back in, but I'm sure this thread will still be going. Lost track of the CLassic l was kinda watching in the classies, but there will be others. Nite, nite all.
Hey, I had 2 hip replacements back in '07 I'm going to out of town for a few daze, any questions, PM me...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Happy Friday Radi Peeps ... today is the big day :)

I do believe we will see all the pics today ... we still haven't seen the bottom of the Radius.

And ... more info on the contest :)

Sent via iPhone

Bottom pics??? :pop:

Big Ev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Solomon Islands and Australia.
Hi all.

I've never owned a Provari, but my interest has been piqued recently when I saw the P3 Stealth Ti at Provape. Ended up here checking the Kabuki thread just in time to notice the new Radius. Looks really good.

Who knows? I might get lucky in the competition, but if not I think I will end up buying one at some stage.

Cheers.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
I am definitely going to buy one, eventually. I need an extender cap for my 2.5 anyhow so can throw that in the cart while I'm at it.

Just can't deny how well these things work. I will be using it for my tootle-puffer needs as I do my 2.5. Probably retire the 2.5 and keep it as a back up.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I have not been on here in a while since I had gotten everything I needed and have been happy for a while now. Then on FB this wonderful thing pops up so I came running back here to see what all was being said. I am glad to know that everyone is as excited about this as I am. My daily mod has been craping out (not a provair) and I was thinking about a P3. Then this shows up. I only hope that it will fit my budget. I just hit my 2 year mark of no smoking and my birthday is next week. This would be such a great birthday gift to me. Here's to hoping it is in the price range I can afford. Otherwise I will have to get me a cheapie to keep me going til I can afford it.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Actually, the reason I was told that ProVape decided not to release the ZenKote purple at this time was that they felt it was too close to Gun Metal. I haven't seen Gun Metal in person, so I don't know. What I do know. now, is that ZenKote is very expensive to produce and they are understandably conservative about what they offer.

ETA: This is quite long, but at some point Zen talks about the ZenKote process and how difficult it is to get colors to be consistent.

In some light, the Gun Metal does have a purplish hue, but not as much as yours, or mine for that matter.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I wonder what the "more" could be? I did make a suggestion a long time ago that they do something clever like make a holiday mode, where the LED would cycle through red/white/blue on the 4th of July (requires a country code to be set, as well as date/time), red/green at Christmas, etc. as something like an easter egg. That would require waiting... beyond the spec release on Tuesday.

I also thought it could be customized colors, by setting RGB values in 8-bit numbers (0-255 for each of red/green/blue), but that goes against ProVape's KISS design style.

It could be an always-on LED, but that would eat battery life and annoy most people, IMHO.

Maybe it refers to the +/- buttons lighting up, perhaps even with different colors than the fire button.

Maybe they added a timeout on the LED, where it stays on for X seconds after firing.

Maybe it's brightness control of the LED?

I'm not sure what else "more" could be... Guess I will have to wait and see.

You forgot hyperstrobe mode. For when you are vaping at a rave.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I just tried a quick google but came up short. It doesn't seem to specify on the provape website so I figured this is good a place as any to ask.

The extender cap for the 2.5. Can I use flat top 18650's with it? TIA for any help.
No. Flat top batteries work with the P3. The rest of the Provari family take the button top batteries.

Time will tell on what the Radius will take....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread