Best flavor concentrate company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
@Mattusza what kind of flavorings are you wanting to use - fruits,bakery,candies,creams,custards,and or tobaccos? Most every brand of flavoring has some flavors they are better at than other brands so for someone to say just 1 is not all that easy. For instance Capella is great for a custard (but it takes steeping time to get there),FlavourArt is said to be most realistic for true fruit flavors,Flavor West is said to be good for candy,FlavourArt and The Flavor Apprentice are both good for creams, and Hangsen and Inawera are said to be good for tobaccos. And on top of all that we all like different things so our taste buds will decide which brand of whatever flavor works best for us not my opinion or even yours for me - see what I mean? ;)

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
"Best" flavor-taste varies, I use multiple brands...gems and duds amongst each
"Best" price- some concentrated one's you use less amount wise per mix, May cost more but use less and Vice versa...BUT some tfa and even fw, I don't need high %'s though so I guess I get more mileage per ml with certain flavors...just cause costs more doesn't always means tastes better in diy flavors AND vendor juices too
"Best" info- fa and tfa seem to be transparent in regards to d/a/ap ingredients in my opinion at least...tfa keeps some nice msds info on website and they'll answers questions if have....cap coming out with many v2 flavors this last year or so too....you still need to do own research depending on your individual needs/specifications here

Many variables to determine "best", what you like and feel comfortable mixing vaping will be your "best" which may differ from my "best" which differs from others' "bests"...

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
To the OP: In my humble opinion, since taste is SO subjective, you really need to try many different flavors from all the vendors to find what works for YOU. I have had many hits AND misses from all the flavor makers..... Once those go-to flavors are discovered, DIY is really quite easy! :)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
This forum discouraged me from trying DIY because it looked hard and complicated. That was a false percepetion. For the first year I vaped liquid bought on line in 240 ml bottles. It was costing me 88 cents a day. A week ago I got a DIY order including only one flavor. I made a batch with 3.5% of cappella's cuppuccino flavor and immediately preferred it to the pre mix. The next batch will have a lower percentage of flavor because because 3.5% might be more than it needed to be.

If I had to replace everything I actually use for vaping today, including DIY, I could get it done for about $250 and have enough of everything to be self sufficient for several years and still have a satisfying vape. $250 is what I used to spend for cigarettes in one month.

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
I like companies that blend so most of their flavors can be used at around the same percentages. Makes my life simpler. I have become very happy with FA. I use other brands too of course, it's that FA's flavors are (at least to me) more consistent which makes it easier to make a vapable mix without too much fuss. Don't get me wrong FA has some horrible flavors but a lot of great ones too.

Reactions: Rickb119

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
i just started getting more FlavourArt flavors they are really potent so you dont have to use much and the price is pretty good.

I've gone to Inawera and Flavour Art for the same reason. We'll see if the adjusted recipes that I mixed up just now turn out to be junk.

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
depends on what I am looking for- Flavor West butterscotch is the best in the business.............. however Hangsen has some kicking tobaccos................. but then again if I am looking for fruit and bakery I go straight Capella............. and Lorann makes the best bubble gum.
--------------- The tough part is trial and error. Over time you will find what companies make the best flavors you are looking for

Reactions: Dixie1954

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I like others, say it's a mixed bag, for most general flavors I always give tfa a try, I have a lot of FA on the way to try out, Hanson for most of my tobaccos, cappella for the Custard, And FW for all the odd balls, I cant say I have had nearly as much practice as Hoosier or danny45, but have learned so much from them as well as others here. we all have our likes and differences and thats whats so fun about DIY. I don't care as much about the price as they all are relativly cheap compared to high end juice's, and you can tweak it to the way you like it. you will start to get the feel for the flavors and companys your using and adjust accordingly, I can say that I really like to find the perfect flavor for the application be it any flavor company. That reminds me I need to make more orders for some INW,seedmans and NF.

Reactions: Dixie1954

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
As you can see there are many many opinions on what good flavor manufactures are. It all depend on what your taste buds think. So the best advice is try a few from all the major manufactures. I've tried them all and settled on 2 manufactures. That's not to say you will like what I've settled on you just have to decide for yourself.

Reactions: Steven Pye
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread