TFV4 troublesome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakamal

Oct 9, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi everyone, newbie here. I have used this TFV4 with RBA on my smok X Cube 2 for almost a month. I have some questions regarding the problems I'm having with this tank. Never happen on my subox with Subtank before.

1. I gotta change the cotton after 40-50 puff otherwise I'll get dry hit and weird juice taste. It way too fast IMO. I even send it to so called expert at the vape shop to do it for me but no success.

2. The tank suck up my juice like vampire. The 30ml juice normally last for 5 days on my subtank but only 2.5 days on TFV4.

3. I've got runny nose and it makes my throat phlegm. Is that normal?
It kind of sad because I really like the mod or maybe I should change to other tank?. Here I share my setting for reference.

MOD : SMOK X Cube 2 (160W)
TANK : TFV4 with RBA
COIL : Kanthal 24 gauge (single coil) / 28x2 Twisted coil
OHM : 0.7ohms
WATTAGE : 25watt
DRAW : Short (about 2.5 secs)

I really appreciate if some of you can share your opinion or even better if I can get the solution. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

kakamal

Oct 9, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I'm assuming you're using twisted 28g to make a 24g single coil, correct? So, you're probably at 6 wraps? If not, lessen the wraps to achieve lower resistance.
Hey thanks again. I mean I use both, I started with single coil 24g but now I changed to twisted 28g... and yes with 6 wraps. I was mistaken with the draw I mentioned before, it was actually 2 to 2.5 secs only. Well.. I think "Make wattage equivalent to about 3.7v" is make sense. Everything higher than 4v make it burnt faster. But it kind of funny as I can only fire 18w on 160w mod to get the resistance lower than 4v.

kakamal

Oct 9, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Lol 18 watts on a tfv4? That's not what that tank is built for.

That tank is built for cloud chasing and people who have plenty of extra juice. You should invest in a kayfun lol.
Instead of laughing at me why don't you share your tips of helping me to fire 60 - 80 watts without having to change the cotton in every 40 -50 puff.

CloudyWithChanceOfVape

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2014
USA
Okay fine lol.

All I can say, is that tank and rba is meant for lower sub ohming.

Get some 24g kanthal, do 4 wraps on a small screwdriver, should put you around .3 resistance. Then you can fire it around 75 watts. Make sure when you rewick, you use short tails just coming out of the juice wells. Make sure its tight inside the coils, but not so tight it pulls your coil when you wick it. Tight is better (that's what he said), and short tails work perfect for me. Only change my cotton every 4 tanks.

Reactions: kakamal

kakamal

Oct 9, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Okay fine lol.

All I can say, is that tank and rba is meant for lower sub ohming.

Get some 24g kanthal, do 4 wraps on a small screwdriver, should put you around .3 resistance. Then you can fire it around 75 watts. Make sure when you rewick, you use short tails just coming out of the juice wells. Make sure its tight inside the coils, but not so tight it pulls your coil when you wick it. Tight is better (that's what he said), and short tails work perfect for me. Only change my cotton every 4 tanks.
Thanks man... .3ohms sounds good to me. I'll try to do 4 wraps on 24g and share the feedback later. How about the wick.. should I soak it well?

Frederick Hew

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
Malaysia
It's good that your 30ml can last you 2.5 days. Mine finish in 6 hours. Sometimes it is because of your juice quality and the more VG in your juice, the more gunk buildup on your coil. Mine is 0.54ohm, 26g twisted kanthal, fire with 20watts with no problem. By the way, my juice ratio is 60/40 VG PG and i have to wick more and soak well around 3mins before i vape.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
Hi

This tank is built to empty tanks of juice, that's why people buy this, it is an awesome tank with massive vapour production, massive vapour production comes at a cost, I use the stock coils and empty a tank in 30mins if I want

The tfv4 is not my all day tank, I use it on a night if I can't be bothered to drip

You may need another tank for work or take plenty of juice with you ;)

Good luck

Reactions: kakamal

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Agreed with what everyone said, this tank is not an all day tank, it empties too fast for that. It is an awesome cloud chasing tank and can just about go toe to toe with my RDAs. I DIY so juice is not a problem for me, as for the RBA, you shouldn't have to change the wick as often as you are unless the cotton is burnt, I don't burn my cotton as I don't vape it dry. On my drippers, It depends on how much I used the RDA, heavy vape sessions I may just change once a day, sometimes even less and I am usually 70-90 watts I just ordered my RBA for this tank, but on the stock coils, I refill it before the juice gets to the air holes on the coil. You didn't say which RBA deck you are building on, single or dual coil, but Steam Engine and an Ohms reader should help you zero in on a perfect wrap.

kakamal

Oct 9, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks so much to all of you guys for taking the time to share your tips and advice.. I really appreciate that. After spending the weekend with recoil/re-wick (several times) I've finally found out that the problem was actually came from the coil itself. The coil just firing fine without a cotton. But once I put the cotton and soak it up.. the coil only firing the legs (one side hot leg) instead of the top. I get dry hit right after 40-50 puff when the cotton was totally dry or spoil. It happens to all kanthal single coil 24G, 26G as well as twisted 28G. The only solution for me at this moment is to tie the coil directly to the screw instead of the hole provided. I no longer get dry hit till now but I noticed I lost the sweetness of the juice. Oh ya.. I usually use 50/50 PG/VG and the runny nose only happens when I use menthol/ice juice.

P/s : Well my English sucks but I do hope you guys understand what I've explained ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread