Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I have 4 coming from RTD, as I mentioned earlier. But I saw yesterday on FB that one of our local B&Ms has them in stock. I'm a little hesitant to buy from them, because they are known to carry old stock. The last time I was there, they were selling AW batteries that had the black stickers. AW changed to the silver hologram stickers over a year ago. So, I think I'll just wait for the ones from RTD.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
This magnet trick worked out great for a couple flat top 14500's I had that weren't being used. I didn't like the throw on the button, but with the magnets on top I'll use them little batteries up now in my mini-mini's :) I think the cutout in the delrin helps keep the magnets in position, they haven't shifted at all even with some button mashing :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
This magnet trick worked out great for a couple flat top 14500's I had that weren't being used. I didn't like the throw on the button, but with the magnets on top I'll use them little batteries up now in my mini-mini's :) I think the cutout in the delrin helps keep the magnets in position, they haven't shifted at all even with some button mashing :)
One thing I've noticed is if there's more than just a smidge of deoxit between the magnet and the battery contact, it slips sometimes. As long as it's fairly dry between them it should never slip :)

Reactions: RuDawg7890

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
I rarely saw any arcing in my entire career until I started to drop down to around 0.7 ohms and below. Nowadays, where my builds are - around 0.4, flat tops, wether treated with deoxit or not (contacts clean either way) arc every press of the switch. Button tops - not at all.

It may not be apparent unless you take the mod into a dark place and fire it and it's probably not happening if you are Vaping above 1 ohm.
I had exactly the opposite expierience crazy arcing with button top (LG he2s and Sammy 25rs) and none with flat tops of the same batteries... wonder what we"re doing differently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread