Not open for further replies.

vap3d70

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
hudson valley ny
Thank you for the links MadVapes!!

I may be the exception but I don't see much of an issue with some baseline regulation on at least juice. I am not sure that regulation needs to come in the form of government oversight but I would not mind seeing juice manufactures have a list of ingredients on the side of their bottle.

The biggest reason I DIY juice is because I have no clue what is in store bought juice. I trust my local B&M store owner, but is he really sanitizing droppers between customers? Is he using a dropper for nicotine juices and then why I purchase no nicotine juice using the same dropper? Is the same syringe being used for both PG and VG - regardless of allergies? Is he using expired flavorings?

There are a lot of unknowns mainly because he mixes the juice in the "back room" out of sight. I don't even want to think about purchasing juice online - no thank you.

Generally I believe less government the better and I think my concerns with juice have been satisfied by using my pocket book - ie; not buying when I don't know the ingredients. Unfortunately I don't suspect others see it the same way - with many people willing to vape anything anyone gives them.

For now I will remain a neutral party.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I agree as well with the idea of companies listing their ingredients and would find it more comforting for regulations/inspections on the mixing labs cleanliness. With those two things in place, the government has no other business in regulating producers or consumers of vaping products. If we as consumers know what the product contains and the conditions in which it was produced, the burden of choosing what to do with that product falls on us consumers as it should, not group of people receiving funding from big pharma on top of their salaries!

It is just a shame that one of the most helpful products to ever be created has to be at the root of so much drama... /rant

Reactions: Daddy

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
It is just a shame that one of the most helpful products to ever be created has to be at the root of so much drama... /rant

I agree and to be honest I am really torn on this. I strongly believe in less government the better. I strongly believe it is no ones business what you put in to your body. I strongly believe in personal freedoms.

But.......?

There SHOULD BE an ingredient list and a baseline for handling and mixing juices, in my opinion. I think I would rather see it handled like the food industry rather than the tobacco industry.

Going against my strong personal beliefs is a difficult thing to do and as such I shamefully remain neutral this go around.

Reactions: vap3d70

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
There need to be some regulations such as warnings for poison and child proof caps and whether they contain diacetyls or butric acid but really don't like some of what I read and the implications. It really looks like they are trying to create loopholes for stricter legislation in the future... it is like they want it to appear this is being marketed to children so they can step in later and really crack down on both gear and ejuice at once. I am sure everyone is jockeying now for their piece of the money pie and that really has me a bit sick at my stomach... greedy buggers that they are!

On another note.........Crowedude... hope you are going to the VapeCon East in Richmond this weekend... would love to meet ya!

Reactions: tick22

SLane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
North Carolina
Thanks for the links!

I think what bothers me the most, is the effect any regulations will prevent people from finding and/or trying vaping in the future. Or the ones that aren't on a forum and don't realize what could possibly happen. Those people won't be informed or understand the benefits of vaping.

Ladybear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
Pa
Thanks for the contest and the links. I read through everything and still cant see how they can claim this as a tobacco product.....with no tobacco anywhere. I believe I read somewhere where one of the cigarette companies is actually making ecigs with tobacco but its not available in the states yet...They will get their hands in the pot with their heat sticks or whatever they call them and then what is the FDA going to do when and if they are sold in the states?

Reactions: redrebel821

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I have been keeping up with everything lately, and it is so frustrating at times. It bothers me that their greed overcomes the positive qualities of vaping. I wish that it was not that way....but they will always choose money other better health I am afraid.....I think it all comes down to their money and greed....small minded people.

Reactions: redrebel821

Cam775

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
Nevada
Thanks for the contest!

I've read the links and forwarded SmokeyJoe's survey link to my local stores via FB, a couple have gotten back to me saying they've completed the survey or will do.

Seeing our Government go around a Judicial decision in this way makes me so angry. It's not the first time and sadly, I doubt it'll be the last but still...it's just not right. We have a system of checks and balances for a reason, there's no valid excuse for skirting around what's already been decided.

Kurt0402

Ultra Member
Aug 26, 2015
Australia
thanks for the chance, had a read through your links. in australia our situation is worse, cant buy nicotine liquid or any juices with it in, and by law you are supposed to have doctors permission to be able to import and use it but i dont think they really enforce that, its ridiculous and i think australia is a long way off having vape stores around the place. to give you some idea, i have only one friend who knew what i was vaping with was called a mod, and even knew what it was, most people have absolutely no idea about any ecig info at all, and that one person who knew, was from america haha
i think one of the main problems is the miscommunication about vaping and the fearmongering that is out there. i see articles always on facebook about how vaping IS worse than cigarettes and how we should avoid it at all costs
im well aware that certain flavourings and ingredients contain some undesirable chemicals, but if your going to get into vaping you should be doing some research and know what flavourings to avoid and know what flavourings u will use or that your ejuice supplier uses, BEFORE you start vaping, oherwise yes it can be very dangerous. but i think people are getting the wrong message about vaping and its dangers, which is a shame because if we could get more people the right info and get them off the stinkies and on to a PV we would be doing something for the health of the people
i think one reason there hasnt been a whole lot of support and research into it by governement is because of how much money they make from cigarettes, but thats another topic all together.
ill end my rant here but i could go on for hours
happy vaping everyone and thanks again :)

Reactions: DavidOck

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
but if your going to get into vaping you should be doing some research and know what flavourings to avoid and know what flavourings u will use or that your ejuice supplier uses, BEFORE you start vaping, oherwise yes it can be very dangerous.

I think one of the problems is there is no universal idea on what is safe and what is not safe. Some people do not see a problem with using oil based flavorings or flavorings with diacetyl in them for example. Other people do. Some people have allergic reactions to both VG and PG. While I agree that if you are going to vape you should do your own due diligence the fact is that there are many opinions out there regarding safety and because of that I would not mind some neutral party studies done.

Kurt0402

Ultra Member
Aug 26, 2015
Australia
I think one of the problems is there is no universal idea on what is safe and what is not safe. Some people do not see a problem with using oil based flavorings or flavorings with diacetyl in them for example. Other people do. Some people have allergic reactions to both VG and PG. While I agree that if you are going to vape you should do your own due diligence the fact is that there are many opinions out there regarding safety and because of that I would not mind some neutral party studies done.
yeah thats what i was i was starting to get to towards the end of my comment, it would be great to see some proper extensive unbiased research done

Reactions: Daddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread