Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
What ill do to show I'm not some sort of mentalist o_O is take some pics of the 2 side by side when I get a moment.

LOL - There *IS* a logical explanation, and hopefully we get to the bottom of it (or was that the top?).

Failing that I'll do a little video, it's strange at the point where it goes from light to dark there is a very thin line of rainbow coloured light, that you can see on the white light.

That's because there is no white LED in there - it's a perfect mix of red, green, and blue LED's on at the same time. They're in a slightly different location on the die, and the button is acting as a lens, so just like a prism, it separates the colors ever so slightly.

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
Here's a pic of the insides. No wires. And we don't expect any, cuz it's a P3 :) It's a senior Black, about 10,5 months in use.

5TJkFn7.jpg

Now, for the button:. Here's a pic of that Black one and a much younger Ti. See the difference? The Black has a worn button, wor, round and polished. The new one, alhough now used for a few months, doesnt show any usage signs. I dunno, maybe the materials are different. I've used the Ti mostly after I got it in June.

LmeVzAL.jpg

So maybe it's just the button :) The plastic, as they say.
Don't be so worried, please.

I love the barely noticable rattle of the older P3s button, the softer press. The Ti has a new, a bit stiffer button.

P.S. Yes, the Black has seen things ;)

R
Thanks for taking the time to do that,
Ive been using provari's for 3 and half years now, I love the way the buttons turn shiny, shows its been well used, they do seem more durable now but I'm sure your ti will get its sheen soon :). I also know my way round one very well, I've had one (of many) in my hand non stop for the last 3 +years lol, also I've completely stripped them down to polish them, yet to do it to a P3 though! so apologies if I've seemed frustrated in my replies it's just I know what a provari button should look like lol

Looking down the tube there is a wire that goes from the board to the 510 just behind the button which I thought may have been squashed over a bit when they pressed the top cap on (you can just see it if you look close enough down the tube past the button) Other than some gunk being on the led itself I couldnt think what else could cause the shadow, it's not the button as you can spin it and the dark side stays in the same place. So from provapes response I recon the led is just seated in slightly the wrong place and somethings blocking half of it, but it won't ever affect its use so im really not bothered. Provape response also reconfirmed exactly why I've stuck with them my whole vaping life :)

anyway enough about blooming coloured LED's let's get back to the Radius Thread!

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
LOL - There *IS* a logical explanation, and hopefully we get to the bottom of it (or was that the top?).

That's because there is no white LED in there - it's a perfect mix of red, green, and blue LED's on at the same time. They're in a slightly different location on the die, and the button is acting as a lens, so just like a prism, it separates the colors ever so slightly.
Haha Bloody coloured leds, "I got out and they pull me back in! "had to reply though, that's interesting about the white led, it's also visible on the yellow is this a similar reason? , the puzzling part is its along the line of where it goes from light to dark? No don't worry, it's 1 30am here, it's not even my provari, my mrs won't even notice it and it works perfectly, all is good and I need to get some sleep! Thanks for the info though :thumb:

From this day forth it will be blinky the half eyed P3 :blink:

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Nope - light is additive. Didn't you learn about paint in art class in high school? :)

I think I just had a Joe Cartoon flashback...
High School?!?

I'll have you know, I graduated from the 8th Grade. Yes I did!!!

Jim

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Cheers bud,
What ill do to show I'm not some sort of mentalist o_O is take some pics of the 2 side by side when I get a moment.

Failing that I'll do a little video, it's strange at the point where it goes from light to dark there is a very thin line of rainbow coloured light, that you can see on the white light. You can sort of see it in the pic I posted earlier like it's reflecting off something shiny. Im dying to whip it open just because I'm intrigued but it will ruin my warranty.

Haha and as I'm writing this I spotted a reply :)
I posted provape a quick message and they said on some devices you can see the edge of the light which casts a shadow, or it can be caused by the button plastic being thicker (it's not the button as you can spin it and the dark side of the moon :) stays in the same place) so I guess the led is just seated a bit high or low.

In true Provape style he said if it bothered me they would happily sort it out :thumbs: but I'm happy with it, the zenkote gun metal is very nice indeed!
Cheers for your input folks

Just in from work, and thinking about this.

I'm wondering if the LED is sitting a bit too high causing the side of the mod to cut off some light to the top of the button.

Siam Diesel

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Thailand
www.thailandvapers.com
@Vape360 - I gotta ask, what with all the excitement surrounding the release of the Radius...so what's on the agenda for the next P3 upgrade? Is another P3 upgrade even in the works? I ask because it's been a good while since the release of v38. Wouldn't want my P3's to think they were being ignored when the shiny new guy enters the fold. ;)
Cheers,
SD

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
yeah its a bit strange, had a few P3s and not noticed it before, at first I thought half the button might be dirty lol, but when you spin it the top half is always the darker/dimmer half and it changes in size haha I sound mad, lucky its for my mrs as she wont notice but im ocd about little imperfections, one of the reasons I love Provape is they very rarely have them!

Yeah looked down inside but its the top half of the button so you cant see anything, there is a wire there but looks to be placed in the same position as my stealth...hmm... very strange
Don't worry about it. That changes depending on color because the leds aren't centered on the button and with slight variations in the button itself

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I can confirm this. :)
I think I went about a year before finally breaking down and getting the Kayfun? How long did you guys keep at me about that?

The only reason I decided on the Kayfun was because of the reports of a coil lasting a very long time. Even if I did have to finally build my own coil.

But then the stubbornness comes in handy. I Will do this.

I love that I can get through about 5-6 months on one coil. Now with three kayfuns in rotation..... Once a year might work! :D

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I think I went about a year before finally breaking down and getting the Kayfun? How long did you guys keep at me about that?
Well, lots of people kept bugging you. I sorta gave up figuring you would do it when you're ready. I saw that "stubbornness" you speak of long ago. Believe it or not, I know you better than you think.

Oh, BTW, there isn't anything wrong with it. :)

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
That's fine, but it's like saying you don't need a car that can go more than 65MPH because you never exceed the speed limit. Do you waste your money on cars that go over 65MPH? :) You don't HAVE to drive faster, just like you don't HAVE to use more than 20W, but some of us will appreciate the extra performance.

Apples and oranges. You're comparing HP to Watts, which is not even close. Will the new Radius outperform my P3 with a Kayfun on it? I would imagine in your garage is a Corvette or Ferrari, not that you need the extra power, but it's there if you want it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread