Can I add a drop of water to my ejuice to make it smooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinVapes

Aug 30, 2015
Greensboro, NC
For whatever reason the 230m bottle I ordered from mtbakervapor hits pretty harsh, it's 20pg 80 vg and every 30m bottle I ordered from them was the exact same besides my 230m bottle has 2 flavor shots and I'm not quite too sure if that's whats making it hit harsh and making me cough unlike the other ones? Was wondering if I could add water to it to make it hit less harsh or would that just ruin the flavor and do nothing? Thanks!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi K,
Please use a dilutant; PG or VG or a mixture (20%PG) of both. I suspect the extra flavour is your problem.
I would put 20 ml into a separate bottle and add dilutant until it tastes "right". Pro tip; Only do small batches and experiment with more or less "cut".

Have fun
I

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
A few drops of distilled water will thin the juice but not lessen the flavor, which seems to be what is causing the harshness. Anything you add is going to lessen the Nicotine content of your juice, if that doesn't bother you then I would mix in a little VG that you can find on the First Aid Aisle of your local Walmart. Maybe just 1 Ml would help to dilute the flavor a bit but I am not sure how much a flavor shot is. The folks at mount baker are pretty stellar folks. Contact them and see what they recommend. If you don't want to lower your nic content, you may want to order a small bottle of unflavored nic to mix in.

KevinVapes

Aug 30, 2015
Greensboro, NC
A few drops of distilled water will thin the juice but not lessen the flavor, which seems to be what is causing the harshness. Anything you add is going to lessen the Nicotine content of your juice, if that doesn't bother you then I would mix in a little VG that you can find on the First Aid Aisle of your local Walmart. Maybe just 1 Ml would help to dilute the flavor a bit but I am not sure how much a flavor shot is. The folks at Mount Baker are pretty stellar folks. Contact them and see what they recommend. If you don't want to lower your nic content, you may want to order a small bottle of unflavored nic to mix in.

Do I need a special brand or type of VG or will something like this work? : http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/au...5-53ea-4603-958b-b2118e327085&kpid=sku6233354

Reactions: Izan

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA

KevinVapes

Aug 30, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Reactions: Izan

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
For whatever reason the 230m bottle I ordered from mtbakervapor hits pretty harsh, it's 20pg 80 vg and every 30m bottle I ordered from them was the exact same besides my 230m bottle has 2 flavor shots and I'm not quite too sure if that's whats making it hit harsh and making me cough unlike the other ones? Was wondering if I could add water to it to make it hit less harsh or would that just ruin the flavor and do nothing? Thanks!

Yes you can.
Don't add too much; if you add too much, it tends to flood the coil and/or mute performance.

Easier to experiment with if you have a dripper.

My base liquid is glycerine+ 10% water eyeballed by volume.
If you have PG available to you, that would be a better thing to add than water.
In which case you can mix yourself up a base liquid of PG/VG 50/50 for general purpose usage.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon