Status
Not open for further replies.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
So I'm trying to decide if a new tank is required for my DNA200. I've got several rebuildable tanks including kayfun 4 (and kfl+) taifun gt2 and a squape Reloaded. I know people love these subohm tanks like the tfv4 and crown by u well, but with what I have in my arsenal already is a new tank needed?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
So I'm trying to decide if a new tank is required for my DNA200. I've got several rebuildable tanks including kayfun 4 (and kfl+) taifun gt2 and a squape Reloaded. I know people love these subohm tanks like the tfv4 and crown by u well, but with what I have in my arsenal already is a new tank needed?
No. If what you have works for you, stick with it.

That said, a Kanger Subtank Mini would allow you to build or use a wide variety of replaceable coil heads.

Reactions: Phone Guy

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Of course you don't need one. I notice your current RTAs are mainly MTL type, so maybe if you wanted a lung hitting type to throw more watts at, then sure.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Of course you don't need one. I notice your current RTAs are mainly MTL type, so maybe if you wanted a lung hitting type to throw more watts at, then sure.
Maybe so. What would a good lung open air tank be? I've got a lemo 2 that I never use because the flavor is muted in comparison to my other tanks. :(

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Maybe so. What would a good lung open air tank be? I've got a lemo 2 that I never use because the flavor is muted in comparison to my other tanks. :(
Are you opposed to dual coil RTAs? The only RTAs I have found to be good for lung hits are dual coil. The Goliath v2, Cthuhlu v2, Billow v2, etc those type.

I really like my Goliath v2 with SS430 dual coils on my dna200. Nice open airflow (2x 3.2mm bottom airflow 6mm rifled chimney) for great vapor production.

Some people also really like the aromamizer rdta, but I don't have any experience with that one yet.

For single coil, there isn't many more open / airy than the terribad lemo 2. I'm using a TFV4 with single coil rba head right now, its the airiest draw I've had in a single coil RTA. Both the Goliath v2, and Cthuhlu v2 have single coil options, albeit completely different, Gv2 comes with a plug to block one side of the deck off, the Cv2 comes with a single coil deck.

Lots of great cheap options out there right now. Any of the tanks I mentioned can be had for $20-50.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I'll say again that the Kanger Subtank Mini V2 is great.

I have a Lemo 2 and don't mind it...

The Goliath V2, Goblin Mini, and Rage are all very nice and versatile.

The Anyvape Fury Tank is ok... it's a top fill Atlantis with an RBA deck.

Avoid the Triton...
The lemo 2 is literally the worst RTA ever designed. I have one too. It's like eLeaf had no idea why they were doing what they were doing.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The lemo 2 is literally the worst RTA ever designed. I have one too. It's like eLeaf had no idea why they were doing what they were doing.
Why? Give me reasons, man... opinions are subjective...

The Aqua V1 is a PITA. The Fogger before V4 were hard to build. The GG RTAs are simply STUPID with the need for nr-r-nr wires... the Lemo 2 is better than all of those.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Why? Give me reasons, man... opinions are subjective...

The Aqua V1 is a PITA. The Fogger before V4 were hard to build. The GG RTAs are simply STUPID with the need for nr-r-nr wires... the Lemo 2 is better than all of those.
This pic pretty much sums it up:
wYniDwN.jpg

And outside of that, they made it 22mm instead of 23mm like the original, but kept the original's deck size, so space between the chimney barrel and glass is too narrow, and the juice channels are a bit small. The chimney barrel / evaporation chamber in general is just too big for its own good, and yeah, look at that amazingly pointless chimney bore above, only thing that is good for is muting flavor. The airflow under the center pin is partially obstructed, making their center pin airflow worse than it already is. Those are just a few things off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.

seanol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
Dallas, TX
I have a Goblin Mini on my Boxer and I love it! I have a clone coming next week as well. Very good flavor and vapor output. Tried K4, Subtank Original, Goliath, and Aqua 2 and out of all of them the Goblin mini is my go to tank. Ti coils, 26g duals at .16 ohms, 70w preheat at 50 watts TC, 500 degrees F using rayon.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I have a Goblin Mini on my Boxer and I love it! I have a clone coming next week as well. Very good flavor and vapor output. Tried K4, Subtank Original, Goliath, and Aqua 2 and out of all of them the Goblin mini is my go to tank. Ti coils, 26g duals at .16 ohms, 70w preheat at 50 watts TC, 500 degrees F using rayon.
What ID coils do you use with Ti in the Gmini?

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
My lemo 2 gets no love. It's airy, but flavor is non existent. If you want to Chuck clouds with a tank, the lemo can, but you'll only taste about 50% or less of the flavor in the juice. Now, that might be my fault. I never tried dual Coils. I never saw a need for duals. The only two dual coil tanks I've used have been a fogger v4 and aqua (v1?). Both were ok for their respective times, but would feel choked off based on today's open draw standards imho.

I drilled out the post in my k4 and 2 of the air inlets in the stem. It helped some but it's still a MTL atty. My favorite go to atty has to be my Taifun gt2. I slotted out the air intakes, while I'm sure it had to improved air "some", it was barely noticeable to me compared to the stock 5 holes (or 6 holes whatever they were).

I was considering the crown by u well, the tfv4, and possibly even the subtank mini. BUT I'm a rebuildable guy, not a coil guy. I generally rewick (at least) or rebuild the whole thing after 2 no more than 3 tanks. The juices I vape are gunkers, so can't really push them much farther because of the crud build up on the Coils. And now since I've embraced temp control in a love/hate relationship rewicking means recoiling too since the wire is so soft.

I hate to get the crown, tfv4, subtank, etc and end up as disappointed in any of them as I was with the lemo 2.

I saw it mentioned to try the lemo 2 with dual Coils, I can do that and see if that helps.

Thanks for all the chatter in here, please continue... I am reading and liking all your posts! Thanks again!

Reactions: seanol

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The build decks on the TFV4 are ginormous. Since the tank the 24.5 mm, the decks are great.

Got my Goblin Mini and Goliath V2. On my 2nd tank full with the mini and waiting for a new mod to arrive for the Goliath. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any UD tanks (newer is better... I really like the coil isolators for single coils), and the Goliath V2 deck is rather velocity like... I have the Goblin V2 and Zephyrus, and eyes on the Bellus.

I still stand by my initial recommendation of the Kanger Subtank Mini, though... very versatile, as are the TFV4, Zephyrus, and Goliath V2.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Another vote for the Goliath V2. Versatile, compact for a 5ML tank, understated looks, good build quality, solid flavor, a reasonably roomy, easy to build on two-post deck, TC friendly (solid resistance, no center-post uneven leg drama), and can be had cheap. Busardo, throat hitting tootle puffing monster that he is, says its a good MTL in single coil mode and the airflow dialed down. I want to buy more Goliaths.

I've got a TFV4 as well, with both the single and dual RBA decks, and while it's "ok" for flavor with either RBA, it's not a patch on the Goliath in that department. And it's just a crazy juice sucking, battery eating monster using the pre-built triple or quad coils (they need north of 75w to shine). I wouldn't buy another one.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Another vote for the Goliath V2. Versatile, compact for a 5ML tank, understated looks, good build quality, solid flavor, a reasonably roomy, easy to build on two-post deck, TC friendly (solid resistance, no center-post uneven leg drama), and can be had cheap. Busardo, throat hitting tootle puffing monster that he is, says its a good MTL in single coil mode and the airflow dialed down. I want to buy more Goliaths.

I've got a TFV4 as well, with both the single and dual RBA decks, and while it's "ok" for flavor with either RBA, it's not a patch on the Goliath in that department. And it's just a crazy juice sucking, battery eating monster using the pre-built triple or quad coils (they need north of 75w to shine). I wouldn't buy another one.
Yeah, I agree with the TFV4, while I haven't tired the pre-built coils that came with it, I have been using the single coil RBA in TC, and it still sucks down juice. Nothing really special about it, other than more airlfow than any other single coil RTA I've tried, but that comes at a cost, and that cost is flavor, but it with that airflow it does have good vapor production. If I had it to do over, I would have skipped the TFV4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread