Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
:facepalm: Good Grief! They are practically giving them away! Other than the battery life, I like the mod!
No way they are 2600mah.

I just ordered a 100W istick for $26. I'll never use the wattage, but the battery life should be great with 2 18650s.

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
So I picked up one of the TC40W from Angelcigs and canceled my order for a evic mini (for now) I'm really just trying to experience temp control to see if I like it or not. My Kbox is still my daily. Is the 40 still considered decent? I have been reading all I can and will be running 28 gauge titanium in the Subtank Mini v2.

Right now I do 28 gauge kanthal, 3mm spaced coils @ 1.2 ohms, 25 or 30 watts. Where to start with titanium?

I have my eye on the Sigelei 150tc or 200w that will be out soon if all goes well.

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
Yeah, since these are selling for so cheap, it's raising up a huge red flag for me. The build quality is quite nice, but the battery life on it is terrible compared to my old iStick 30w.

I think eleaf goofed on this one, and is going to do something about it. Either discontinuing it, or clearancing out old stock and fixing something with it. Likely the battery.

On my 30w I could go 2 days with the battery meter barely moving. With the 40w, if I go a whole 24 hours without charging it, I'm lucky to have 33% left. Something is definitely up with the battery.

This is with the same Kayfun Lite Plus v2 vaping around 2-3 ml a day at 7.5 watts. I might even last a day with a Subtank.

I was gonna buy another one as a spare, but they sold out. Were they charging shipping? Rocky Mountain Vapor still has them for $27.75 shipped, so that's probably about the same if angelcigs is charging like 5-6 bucks for shipping.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
So I picked up one of the TC40W from Angelcigs and canceled my order for a evic mini (for now) I'm really just trying to experience temp control to see if I like it or not. My Kbox is still my daily. Is the 40 still considered decent? I have been reading all I can and will be running 28 gauge titanium in the Subtank Mini v2.

Right now I do 28 gauge kanthal, 3mm spaced coils @ 1.2 ohms, 25 or 30 watts. Where to start with titanium?

I have my eye on the Sigelei 150tc or 200w that will be out soon if all goes well.
You'll want 6 or 7 wraps 2.5 mm which should come in around 0.3 ohms I think. Start the temp low around 300 or so and ramp up to where you like it.
The first Ti coil I built was a contact coil just because I can. I vaped it for a bit and then remembered I don't like contact coils that much [emoji23]

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
:facepalm: Good Grief! They are practically giving them away! Other than the battery life, I like the mod!
No way they are 2600mah.

Wait a minute - cheech, you bought the 40w TC? I thought you were in the "I don't need no stinkin' temperature control" camp with me???

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Yeah, since these are selling for so cheap, it's raising up a huge red flag for me. The build quality is quite nice, but the battery life on it is terrible compared to my old iStick 30w.

I think eleaf goofed on this one, and is going to do something about it. Either discontinuing it, or clearancing out old stock and fixing something with it. Likely the battery.

On my 30w I could go 2 days with the battery meter barely moving. With the 40w, if I go a whole 24 hours without charging it, I'm lucky to have 33% left. Something is definitely up with the battery.

This is with the same Kayfun Lite Plus v2 vaping around 2-3 ml a day at 7.5 watts. I might even last a day with a Subtank.

I was gonna buy another one as a spare, but they sold out. Were they charging shipping? Rocky Mountain Vapor still has them for $27.75 shipped, so that's probably about the same if angelcigs is charging like 5-6 bucks for shipping.
Battery in mine lasts a full day, easy. That's with an Aspire Atlantis using a RBA deck built to .12 Ohms Ni200, 500- degrees.
I think it is likely not a battery issue, but an expectation issue. There's a significant difference between 7.5 watt tootle-puffing and the fixed 40 watt ramp up on TC.

adilalpman

Nov 23, 2014
Turkey
I have a problem with my Eleaf iStick 30W. First of all, i wanna know which milimeter (or what kind) screwdriver i need to screw its top and bottom screws?

And the other side instead of tighten the all screws my isticks screws top and bottom is not permanent (i feel a wiggling and this situation hasnt got when i bought it, it still working good but i am afraid to lost it... :(

Can anybody help me about that cases?

I already thanks who can answer me and help me...

PS : I am from Turkey and my English is not perfect so please as possible as use clear English... :blush:

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Wait a minute - cheech, you bought the 40w TC? I thought you were in the "I don't need no stinkin' temperature control" camp with me???
It was gifted to me...I tried the TC coils and was less than impressed.
I am still in that camp with you! I will stick to my recoiled Airs! :thumbs:

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I have a problem with my Eleaf iStick 30W. First of all, i wanna know which milimeter (or what kind) screwdriver i need to screw its top and bottom screws?

And the other side instead of tighten the all screws my isticks screws top and bottom is not permanent (i feel a wiggling and this situation hasnt got when i bought it, it still working good but i am afraid to lost it... :(

Can anybody help me about that cases?

I already thanks who can answer me and help me...

PS : I am from Turkey and my English is not perfect so please as possible as use clear English... :blush:
You need a Torx T6 screwdriver.

dom_dc

Jun 22, 2015
c20db53ef7aa8b9241d7eda3ac65cb0b.jpg

Has anyone else had ti mode appear on their istick 40W? I am sure it never used to be there?

Reactions: TrollDragon

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods

It was gifted to me...I tried the TC coils and was less than impressed.
I am still in that camp with you! I will stick to my recoiled Airs! :thumbs:
I've been in the same camp. I'll stick with you guys and girls. :D

TheOccasionalVaper

Jun 29, 2015
Hey all, I need a bit of help understanding temp control and wattage adjustment. I just bought the GS Tank/Ni200 coil from eleaf to go with my tc40w, as an upgrade from tc40w + EMOW cartomizer. I was instructed just as you guys say, to find a 'sweetspot' regarding the temp setting. It was about 230°-260°C until I filled up on juice, which is Pink Fury respectfully. Then the 'temp protection' hit s almost immediatelly after i fire it. The vape gets cooler, so at least the chip does its job adjusting the output :)! I've set it higher (max is 315°C) to 300°, and on release of the fire button i notice some values between 299° and 285°. Is it normal for the temp to go higher from fill up to fill up?

Poslano sa mog D5803 koristeći Tapatalk

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The key to a satisfying TC vape is a combination of the right coil on the right mod with the right wicking. HEAVY emphasis on wicking. If not enough e-liquid is getting to your wick, the mod will prevent a dry hit, but at the expense of a good vape. The wetter the wick, the longer the vape. I am not familiar with the GS Air coils specifically, but if I recall, they are similar or the sane as Joyetech's eGrip coils. It might be possible to gently increase the size of the wicking ports and therefore increase. Additionall, using a higher PG e-liquid might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread