Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
alien Traveler" data-source="post: 16675955" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
alien Traveler said:
As I understand (from multitude of posts) REO is indestructible. Why do you need customer service?
The body is near indestructible, there are "moving" parts though that might occasionally need to be replaced/repaired. Spring, switch, bottle, feed tube. There are also occasional upgrades, like the sub ohm kit or adjustable 510. I think the 510 was the only thing that HAD to be switched out by Rob(REO). I've also heard that if you have an older version with the tall catch cup, you can send it to him and have him cut it down to be a "low profile" so that it can use larger diameter atomizers.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
The body is near indestructible, there are "moving" parts though that might occasionally need to be replaced/repaired. Spring, switch, bottle, feed tube. There are also occasional upgrades, like the sub ohm kit or adjustable 510. I think the 510 was the only thing that HAD to be switched out by Rob(REO). I've also heard that if you have an older version with the tall catch cup, you can send it to him and have him cut it down to be a "low profile" so that it can use larger diameter atomizers.
Updated contacts are a pretty big deal. All the new reos have rhodium plated contacts; I've heard of multiple people sending their old ones in and getting them upgraded. Post buying support is excellent there.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Updated contacts are a pretty big deal. All the new reos have rhodium plated contacts; I've heard of multiple people sending their old ones in and getting them upgraded. Post buying support is excellent there.
Yup, that's the "sub ohm" kit I think. If I recall correctly though, you can actually swap everything out yourself, except for the ss adjustable 510 connector.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Yup, that's the "sub ohm" kit I think. If I recall correctly though, you can actually swap everything out yourself, except for the ss adjustable 510 connector.
Isn't it nice to have it done though? Not everyone changes their own oil. Not everyone likes to tinker with everything.... it's nice to make it easily replaceable though.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Isn't it nice to have it done though? Not everyone changes their own oil. Not everyone likes to tinker with everything.... it's nice to make it easily replaceable though.
Oh yeah, definitely! When I first tried a bf mod, a cheap clone, I modded a derringer RDA that I had myself, and it was functional. When I bought my REO, I ordered the RM8(derringer) from Rob, and it's just so much better. Having the pros do what needs to be done is great.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Oh yeah, definitely! When I first tried a bf mod, a cheap clone, I modded a derringer RDA that I had myself, and it was functional. When I bought my REO, I ordered the RM8(derringer) from Rob, and it's just so much better. Having the pros do what needs to be done is great.
I know just enough to be dangerous. When my kbox (cost me $16) started shorting out, I had no problem with tearing it open and replacing the insulator. If I had a $150 reo or a $250 provari p3, I wouldn't touch it unless I had to lol. I drive a car with almost 200k miles on it. I'll redo anything on that car, but I won't mess with my dad's new truck.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I know just enough to be dangerous. When my kbox (cost me $16) started shorting out, I had no problem with tearing it open and replacing the insulator. If I had a $150 reo or a $250 provari p3, I wouldn't touch it unless I had to lol. I drive a car with almost 200k miles on it. I'll redo anything on that car, but I won't mess with my dad's new truck.
I'm the exact same way. That's another beauty of the Reo. I had an older Grand that needed the new upgrade. I sent for the kit and had it up and vapeing in minutes. Very durable and simple to work with. If I could figure it out anyone could.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
As I understand (from multitude of posts) REO is indestructible. Why do you need customer service?

They are pretty much indestructible, but parts do wear out, and need replacing. There are very few parts on a Reo that aren't user replaceable, and available.
Robert, the owner of reosmods, is active on this forum, and will generally respond in short order, if someone PMs him.
A few months ago, I wanted to buy myself a new Woodvil, for my birthday. I didn't see anything that caught my eye, on the website. I called Rob on the phone, and we talked about some possibilities. We came up with a custom Woodvil, with contrasting body and door. I had it in about a week.
That isn't the kind of service you get often, these days.
Here's the Woodvil

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
They are pretty much indestructible, but parts do wear out, and need replacing. There are very few parts on a Reo that aren't user replaceable, and available.
Robert, the owner of reosmods, is active on this forum, and will generally respond in short order, if someone PMs him.
A few months ago, I wanted to buy myself a new Woodvil, for my birthday. I didn't see anything that caught my eye, on the website. I called Rob on the phone, and we talked about some possibilities. We came up with a custom Woodvil, with contrasting body and door. I had it in about a week.
That isn't the kind of service you get often, these days.
Here's the Woodvil
Beautiful Reo! Is that a Purple Heart and Birdseye maple? I have a 2014 like that, just stunning!

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
My mistake, I have a 2014 Cocobolo. I gotta admit, I think it's the prettiest wood in my collection. Great choice! You're very fortunate to own a custom mod by Rob!

Thanks again. I actually have another Cocobolo; but it's very dark. I love the feel of coco, but I didn't want this one to be the same as the other one. This one is more of a red hue.
I love the Woodvils. I currently have 6 of them. They are about all I use. I have 4 metal Reos, but they don't get a lot of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread