Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
"Could you tell me how to get to Carnegie Hall ?
practice, practice, practice

- http://www.lightningvapes.com/products/coil-master-coil-jig?variant=1102484940
- http://www.lightningvapes.com/products/nichrome-series-80-resistance-wire?variant=863144761

- - -

Carnegie Hall joke

Rumor is that a pedestrian on Fifty-seventh Street, Manhattan, stopped Jascha Heifetz and inquired,
"Could you tell me how to get to Carnegie Hall?" "Yes," said Heifetz. "Practice!"

This old joke has become part of the folklore of the hall

:laugh::pervy:

Nope. Neither do the first two you linked to, which are basically the same in theory but with hard edges and aluminum vs. chrome-plated brass. Don't think I really need caps or screws and the downside to those is that you can't apply tension to the wire. That said the LV price is very good if it's an authentic Coil Master. Many of the Kuro ones at fastech are not authentic and I've seen comments about crooked shafts, rounded screws instead of straight-sided, crooked feed holes, etc.

I currently do all of my coils by hand on SS rods or drill bits and I don't think I really NEED any of these devices, so no matter which one I choose it's just a man-toy to me anyway. I was even looking at that Artistic Wire Coiling Gizmo at Amazon, but the setups don't match the diameters I want.
The only two coils I've made so far were using a 6-32 machine screw to build spaced coils forr my subtank mini RBA deck, I've got a picture somewhere in this thread or the tootle puffers thread. Both Vaped Quite well though they were slow builds being new to it. I swear I can taste the organic cotton I used from madvapes though, not a bad taste, but a taste nonetheless. I've put building aside until my kayfun light v2 clone arrives with Kanthal and more cotton. It's been 5 or 6 weeks now, a smaller package from fasttech (what a misnomer!) arrived last week. Also have some cotton bacon coming from Ecig.com. I like the kits you guys linked to and wonder if using one of those jigs (or even a small screwdriver or drill bit) wrapping the coil tight, then pulling the two ends would give as good a spacing as a machine screw. Will have to try that.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Thanks Tibs! I'll check into it.
If you don't display siggies, load speed increases by a small fraction, and visual clutter is reduced.

image.jpeg

Jan1ak

Oct 9, 2015
Very new to this forum stuff made account searched gs air and am going to reply into thin internet air maybe someone will help me out. I got a GS air not too long ago and cannot stop flooding for the life of me Im not that new to vaping I vape mainly 70/30 vg/pg I have tried everything I could so I hope one of you webbers can help me out. Tried adjusting air flow/heat settings. No matter what it will start flooding about 1/2 a tank and then boom goes the ejuice wasted. Have tried different coils all authentic. Help wanted

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Very new to this forum stuff made account searched gs air and am going to reply into thin internet air maybe someone will help me out. I got a GS air not too long ago and cannot stop flooding for the life of me Im not that new to vaping I vape mainly 70/30 vg/pg I have tried everything I could so I hope one of you webbers can help me out. Tried adjusting air flow/heat settings. No matter what it will start flooding about 1/2 a tank and then boom goes the ejuice wasted. Have tried different coils all authentic. Help wanted
When you get to a half tank it always floods?

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan

Very unusual.. You will need to test a few things out in order to try and localize where the problem might be..
For a start.. I. your GS-Air is it the one with the screw in the center for air control? 2. Do you know if it is authentic or a clone?

For a test.. empty the GS-Air and then screw the air control all the way in.. then block the bottom hole with your finger and try to draw air throught the drip tip.. If you almost died trying to breathe :) then the GS-Air seems well sealed.. if you could breathe than there is air leaking in probably from one of the o-ring seals.. which must be checked next for proper fit..:?: ..

Tell us how the above goes.. and welcome here...

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Welcome, Jan1ak,
Sorry you are getting flooded out. Those who read this thread and especially its predecessor know that I strive to understand why and how things work, or don't work.
In this case, I'd put my usual quest for understanding on hold.

The GS-Air is an $8 tank today, +/-. You may well have lost juice worth more than that so far. How about a different approach? Get yourself a GS-Air M or a GS-Tank. They cost a dollar or two more, and have some advantages in air flow control and capacity.
If a new tank doesn't flood—and I suspect it will not—that would suggest a defect in your current tank or a bad batch of coils. I've had the latter, but not the former, but remember, quality control for an $8 item is not "mil. spec.". If a new tank, using the coil that comes with it, shows the same flooding behaviour at 1/2 tank, that would point to something odd in your environment, either juice or air pressure or raging zombie cats. I doubt it's the juice.

I've been using three or four GS-Air tanks for nearly a year, and a similar number of the M version since around April. I got the GS-Tank as soon as it came out. In total, I have around ten or twelve or these dandy little things. I use them all day long. None has ever leaked except when I had a batch of very bad and very authentic eleaf coils. Those were two entire five-packs of coils from the lowest depths of hell. Can't say I feel your pain, but I certainly appreciate your frustration.

Last edited:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
'Morning Airhead friends! Have a sweet Friday. Off to work and then, off 'til the 20th. :banana: Maybe a trip on the bus later on, with the Airhead family?

Morning, IMRs. While you are on vacation, try the busses in Buenos Aires,
desfile-600x398.jpg

and elsewhere...
f.jpg

Or pop down to Paraguay and try a Tibs-mobile. Mornin' Missie Tibs.

dscf7044.jpg

Last edited:

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Morning, IMRs. While you are on vacation, try the busses in Buenos Aires,
desfile-600x398.jpg

and elsewhere...
f.jpg

Or pop down to Paraguay and try a Tibs-mobile. Mornin' Missie Tibs.

dscf7044.jpg
Oh man! That top bus is Sweeeeet!! The middle one? Probably would have to wear these...:facepalm:
af5d5750cb3440daec9db894a5b836cf.jpg

The bottom bus, no comment.

Cheers to your vacation!

My God that guy is creepy...did he escape from Berkley?
:lol:
:lol:
Well, ready for this vacay to start right now!
4fbd561521a041724fedcbc1f8c822c5.jpg
securedownload.jpeg

8227059452_a1490ca23e_o.gif
:lol::toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread