Status
Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I can see your methods would solve the problem of ejuice in mouth.......good points to remember when building on the Derringer----I think my over squonking

added to the problem along with the position of my coils-----thx for sharing this info........
This^^ would definitely be a major factor in drinking your liquid... Having a good quality BF atty would solve most of that though...

I should also add to my earlier comment, though I have never had a problem with "drinking" my juice, I do get the occasional condensation in certain drip tips that gives the effect of "drinking"... I try to only use wide bore tips that don't have any kind of step in them at all. I think most of my condensation is due to vaping in the .2-.4Ω range in all my atty's... At times the vapor is a little on the hot side...

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Well, I live in Jersey and they are out in Cali and it hasn't shipped yet. Its going to take forever and I'm just going to be thinking about it all week until it finally gets here. Bummer.
If its any consolation, I received mine in 3 days after it was shipped. I did choose the free shipping option at the time and it was shipped USPS Priority...

Reactions: thetrucker

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I think that the extra high temps probably do cause a little extra condensation.............I am using a Genesis Mini DID that I got for 6.99 the other day and have a vertical

coil 28 guage 7 wrap----at 10 watts -3.3 volts and getting decent vapor and flavor powered by my VTR mod this morning as a change from my other equipment

and using plastic small drip tip and not getting even a start of condensation.......

MiniDID.jpg
UnderTheCapDID.jpg

Last edited:

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
I have 2 derringers one stainless steel and one copper.

If I take a good long lung hit then I get also a mouthful of ejuice onto my tongue as a bonus. have short drip tip on both.

has anybody here had the same experience....
I have three derringers. No spit back, great flavor, easy build. One bf and two standard.

I did have spit back for my first couple builds. A quick Google search on the subject got me all fixed up.

I keep the coils 2.5mm or smaller and away from the posts.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
I've ran a bunch of builds in my derringer. I haven't gotten any spitting.
I build as close to the AFC rim as possible as well, and on dual coil setups I position the coils on the left hand side of the deck with the coil wrapped so the upper leg is on the left going to negative. I feel positioning the coil equidistant from the positive and negative rather than in line with the positive posts helps the negative lead stay shorter to prevent hot legging on longer draws, and the direction of coil wrap allows the entire coil + legs wick contact.
Currently I'm running a 24 awg kanthal dual at .26 ohms. Doesn't spit, hits like a truck on my praxis.

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
I've ran a bunch of builds in my derringer. I haven't gotten any spitting.
I build as close to the AFC rim as possible as well, and on dual coil setups I position the coils on the left hand side of the deck with the coil wrapped so the upper leg is on the left going to negative. I feel positioning the coil equidistant from the positive and negative rather than in line with the positive posts helps the negative lead stay shorter to prevent hot legging on longer draws, and the direction of coil wrap allows the entire coil + legs wick contact.
Currently I'm running a 24 awg kanthal dual at .26 ohms. Doesn't spit, hits like a truck on my praxis.
This is working so far. Good tip! I'm running a nickel build in it right now, and the flavor is pretty good. Part of my problem with the flavor was not getting all of the machine oil out (it is a clone after all). I'll use this for the Mako once it gets in this week/weekend.
I'm running it at .06ohms with a dual nickel build, and its probably some of the best flavor I've gotten out of a vape. It just don't produce the dense clouds that give that lung feel that I like.

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
I'm quite interested in the mako; the derringer I have is a clone as well, though I must say it is very well made. I use scalding hot water, agitation, and castille soap to clean any atomizers I buy, and rinse well. I also remove and clean the o-rings separately and it seems to work well for me in de-flavorizing an atomizer.
I have ran nickel tc in my derringer and thought it was a good vape, just had problems with dual coil and building a reasonably sized coil (my ni200 was 28 awg as I recall. 32 might be a lot easier) and keeping the resistance high enough for my mod to fire it. Ti is a lot better. If your tc mod can use ti, try it out.
The build deck on the shorty could pass for that of the derringer without close inspection, I'd think it would be similar to build on.

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
I'm quite interested in the mako; the derringer I have is a clone as well, though I must say it is very well made. I use scalding hot water, agitation, and castille soap to clean any atomizers I buy, and rinse well. I also remove and clean the o-rings separately and it seems to work well for me in de-flavorizing an atomizer.
I have ran nickel tc in my derringer and thought it was a good vape, just had problems with dual coil and building a reasonably sized coil (my ni200 was 28 awg as I recall. 32 might be a lot easier) and keeping the resistance high enough for my mod to fire it. Ti is a lot better. If your tc mod can use ti, try it out.
The build deck on the shorty could pass for that of the derringer without close inspection, I'd think it would be similar to build on.
I just got it in today. Upon inspection, it was clean as a whistle. Not a trace of machine oil. Not on mine at least. Just built a dual 10 wrap Ni build at .09 ohms, locked it in and WOW.
The vapor production is close if not better than my Troll. Its less airy with the standard drip tip, but it feels like a natural draw. So far flavor is on point too. I mean I feel like it has my Deringer beat, and I attribute that to the larger air holes allowing for more vapor production.

I'll try go get some side by side pics here in a bit to let you guys see them. The screws are flat heads which is different for me, but they seat into the post holes so I doubt that they are going to move. Everything is smooth except for the SS top cap. Its tight, I mean really tight. I had to use juice to lube it up to seat it back onto the dripper, but its not going to pop off on you if you pick up your mod by the dripper if you do for whatever reason. Again, I'll post more as I mess around with it. Gonna vape it like is then try the chuff cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread