Totally bamboozled by Origen Genny V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
How do you attach anything at all to this center post? I've looked at pics online of builds and they are not the same, they have parts I didn't get. I got this one from Yeti Vapes, and I suspect it's just not right. I can't find anything in the parts they included that will allow me to use the center post at all.

Reactions: thetrucker

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Does the center pin thingy unscrew somehow?

Hehee, yes it does, as I found out. It's not immediately apparent if you have never used this configuration before, and especially not since the atty comes with no instructions at all, but it transpires that one uses the allen key supplied to back the itty bitty little thingy out of the center post in order to place the positive lead into the slots, then one very carefully screws the eentsy weentzy itty bitty little thingy back into it securing the positive lead wilst taking great care to assure that said thingy does not fall on the carpet and sink into it never to be seen again.

Last edited:

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Hehee, yes it does, as I found out. It's not immediately apparent if you have never used this configuration before, and especially not since the atty comes with no instructions at all, but it transpires that one uses the allen key supplied to back the itty bitty little thingy out of the center post in order to place the positive lead into the slots, then one very carefully screws the eentsy weentzy itty bitty little thingy back into it securing the positive lead wilst taking great care to assure that said thingy does not fall on the carpet and sink into it never to be seen again.
Lol, glad you got it... [emoji106] good luck keeping track of those itty bitty parts

Reactions: thetrucker

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Best atty so far for me. I have Origens V2 and this new MK II kicks ..... More tank space is a plus for me with the same flavor and air draw is really nice.
How is your setup? I tried with kanthal, it's good, then I tried TC, not so good.. Had to bump up the dna40 to 480F for a decent vape..

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
How is your setup? I tried with kanthal, it's good, then I tried TC, not so good.. Had to bump up the dna40 to 480F for a decent vape..

Ummmmmm... TC? Temperature control? Why would you use a genny on a temp control mod? Gennies belong on mechs.

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
Well I have a Spider/E7 on TC, and it performs very nice ;) so wanted to try TC on the Origen V2..

My Origenny works beautifully with TC, I use titanium wire instead of nickel though.
Dual 3mm, 7 wrap spaced 26g Ti coils, ~0.19. Cotton wick (I'm sure all the genny "purists" are dismayed at the lack of mesh there hehe). Lovely warm vape at 36w (360F set on the DNA40) and doesn't hit temp protection 'til it's dry. :)

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
My Origenny works beautifully with TC, I use titanium wire instead of nickel though.
Dual 3mm, 7 wrap spaced 26g Ti coils, ~0.19. Cotton wick (I'm sure all the genny "purists" are dismayed at the lack of mesh there hehe). Lovely warm vape at 36w (360F set on the DNA40) and doesn't hit temp protection 'til it's dry. :)
Cool;) I'll try with Ti next coil change :)

Reactions: vakaion

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
Cool;) I'll try with Ti next coil change :)

Love the stuff, no more squishy nickel coils for me. :D
About the only thing I'd suggest: if you do end up having any wicking issues, first thing to try is take the fill plug out.
I suppose it all depends on how the coil etc is set up, but with whopping great bits of cotton blocking up the wick holes in mine the origenny loves having that fill port as a breather hole for the tank. lol

edit: My fill plug now permanently sits in a spare parts box. I'd only use it now if my mod was likely to be sitting on it's side for decent periods of time. Or using high PG juice.

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
What size are the center post grub screws? 4mm?

origen.v2.grub.jpg

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
:p

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
So I took delivery of an authentic today and am returning it tomorrow. The top cap is ridiculously tight around the deck and there is no safe way to drop in a spaced 3.5mm coil. Now looking at the SOV Zenith...
I had the same problem. To be honest, once you get it off, lube it with some juyice or whatever and it loosens up. It is ridiculously tight out of the box though...

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
g'day mate. Can you post a puc of your build. Im haveing trouble with a single 26 Ti. Loads of vapour but no heat...:(

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
g'day mate. Can you post a puc of your build. Im haveing trouble with a single 26 Ti. Loads of vapour but no heat...:(

My current build.
FYI the fill plug/screw just sits in my spare parts box nowadays, the origenny wicks far better with it removed.
23126136711_0f9f328bef_c.jpg

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
My current build.
FYI the fill plug/screw just sits in my spare parts box nowadays, the origenny wicks far better with it removed.
23126136711_0f9f328bef_c.jpg

Thanks for that! I'll give it a go with the screw out also. Other than that, my single looks pretty much like each of your coils. I might fiddle with the wick though...!!

Last edited:
Reactions: vakaion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread