• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
I'd say TC is a great way of using cartos, 'cause god knows, dry hits from cartos are just FOUL -- TC would keep that from ever happening! What I have a hard time imagining is anyone making titanium cartos -- seems somewhat like making one of those old-timey huge-front-wheel bicycles out of titanium. :lol:

Andria
This sounds like my kangertech tanks and aspire wont work? I dont know what they are made of. guess i better find out.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
This sounds like my kangertech tanks and aspire wont work? I dont know what they are made of. guess i better find out.

I dunno; I don't have or use any of that, but most problems if differing brands of stuff don't work well together, is that the top's 510 pin doesn't stick out far enough, or the battery post in the 510 is recessed too far, or possibly pushed down, if it's a fixed 510 connector instead of spring-loaded. If it's pushed down too far, you can often "pop" it back up; those lil tiny blue screwdrivers are admirable tools for that. Or, if the coil's resistance is too low, some (especially older) mods won't fire anything below a certain point, like 1.3 ohms (the lower limit on most older regulated mods).

Andria

Reactions: Breezy Dawn

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I'm fairly new to TC so it's like this for me currently.

I tootle puff a Kayfun without temperature control on a Cool Fire IV...15 watts, NET tobaccos

I mod whomp a dripper in temperature control on a Reliant...30+ watts, 450°F+-, everything else.

Eight days later and I have been vaping the Kayfun on TC the whole time, it's amazing how much vapor I can get from 8.1 watts @ 460F....love it.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
To Andrea and Breezy-
These newer subohm coils are kinda like cartomizer, they are built in similar fashion, but are smaller in mass with very large diameter wire. That is why they work so well!

Whatever. I'll certainly never use them, nor be interested in using them.

Andria

Reactions: f1vefour

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Me either, I'm not a fan of anything lower than 28g..too much wasted power to heat it.

I find 28ga much too slow to heat up -- I'm a tootle puffer, I never vape any higher than 10w, usually about 9w or so. I've heard all the 'well then turn up the power!' but I dislike a hot vape, and it causes an asthma attack. 29ga is just right; heats quickly, but a bit more substantial than 30ga so it lasts longer and doesn't deform as easily.

Andria

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
Once I tried TC (om a Vapor Flask) I could never go back to the dry hits, burned juice taste, and the other nasties I have not missed over the last year! - Not to mention the health advantages of not inhaling all of that overheated juice toxic byproducts.

TC is like a smartphone was in 2010, a lot of people looked at me then and thought "that's unnecessary and just a silly fad" and then look at everyone carrying one now!

Reactions: f1vefour

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Once I tried TC (om a Vapor Flask) I could never go back to the dry hits, burned juice taste, and the other nasties I have not missed over the last year! - Not to mention the health advantages of not inhaling all of that overheated juice toxic byproducts.

TC is like a smartphone was in 2010, a lot of people looked at me then and thought "that's unnecessary and just a silly fad" and then look at everyone carrying one now!

Not everyone. I've never owned a mobile phone of any kind. I just got a laptop PC *this year* -- before that it was always big honking desktops.

And TC gives nothing that I can't do for myself.

Andria

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Never used TC mode. Not planning on it either.

I was the same way, I won one of the better TC devices and love it. But I was perfectly happy with my Cool Fire IV (still am) vaping kanthal. But I like both, TC and standard wattage mode. Would I buy a TC device now that I have used TC, the answer is yes I would.

The Cool Fire IV has the smoothest regulation I have ever experienced, and I have a DNA and previously a ProVari that I was PIF'd and re-pif'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread