Status
Not open for further replies.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Apparently, although sometimes I feel like I am one of the 3 people in the USA to watch BBC America .. I would like to mention that they have done a TV adaptation of Bernard Cornwell's "The Last Kingdom" and it starts tomorrow, OCT 10th .. I'm looking forward to it, as Cornwell is one of my favorite authors of historical novels ..

If you get BBC America, I'd also highly recommend "Orphan Black" .. "Being Human" .. "Atlantis" .. "Merlin" .. "Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell" .. "Luther" .. and, of course, their news ..

EDIT .. for those that have Netflix, some of the BBC shows are there as well ..

Uhmm.....might want to change that to one of 4? Atlantis is being cancelled...and you forgot to mention Dr Who...;)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I now relinquish the soap box to The Most Honorable Dave, who, if he so chooses, can expound on why News reporting today is as good or better than it was in Days Long Past .. ;)

Different Dave here, and he's already checked in, and...

It AIN'T!!

You nailed it, Unc, with the entertainment and factionalizing. Have a BIL who apparently ONLY watches Faux news, and is happy to repeat the drivel.... No need to fact check anything...

I tend to get my news online, via BBC and AlJazeera America. Holy crap, there's more going on in the world than Faux, MSNBC and their ilk let us imagine! As if the refugee problems coming out of the Middle East are "new" problems.... Or... well, take your pick...

I'm toying with the idea of driving to town for a pizza. Something I haven't been able to do for a long time.

So that Subaru is turning out to be a great investment! :lol:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Different Dave here, and he's already checked in, and...

It AIN'T!!

You nailed it, Unc, with the entertainment and factionalizing. Have a BIL who apparently ONLY watches Faux news, and is happy to repeat the drivel.... No need to fact check anything...

I tend to get my news online, via BBC and AlJazeera America. Holy crap, there's more going on in the world than Faux, MSNBC and their ilk let us imagine! As if the refugee problems coming out of the Middle East are "new" problems.... Or... well, take your pick...

So that Subaru is turning out to be a great investment! :lol:

The shout out was really for any Dave .. ;) .. in fact, anyone that would like to debate, because I do love a good debate, that is, unless it's "Why my Cat / Dog / Iguana / Gerbil / Bird / Pet Monkey / Sock Puppet / Imaginary Friend / is Better Than Yours" ... Ken-L Ration not withstanding and as long as my debate opponent does not speak in the 3rd person .. ;)

They say the selection of a vehicle is somewhat of a reflection of one's personality .. I'd say, the Subaru is a solid, dependable, stylish and leaning to the left .. not quite a Volvo, but getting there .. ;) .. regaining the ability to use the Drive Up Window has to be so liberating .. ;)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
unless it's "Why my Cat / Dog / Iguana / Gerbil / Bird / Pet Monkey / Sock Puppet / Imaginary Friend / is Better Than Yours"

But what if one has definitive proof that one's (fill in as desired) is Better??

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well since I'm on top of everything I cannot even begin to imagine anything I own is not better than anything anyone else owns. And no, I'm not conceited. I'm perfect.

boltleft.gif

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
It's going to be a travel day for us. Getting packed up. Should arrive home around midnight so it's going to be a long day. There's a meteor shower expected tonight in the early evening so I'm hoping to be able to see them from 35k ft. Always wondered what it would look like from an airplane!
It was overcast here, so I was unable to even give it a try. Tonight is suppose to be clear, I'll give it another go tonight.

IT'S mine!! ALL MINE!!!!:D
It's great news hearing you got the new digs. Coffee filters are great protection between plates, pots, pans and bowls.

Spay is pretty routine.
Nancy and I went to the OKC Fair one year. OSU has a really great vet school and each year they put on a demonstration at the fair with their mobile surgery center. They were performing a spay procedure and had cameras set for closeup and the glass sides well lit for the procedure. Even had a set of bleachers set up for about 40 observers. They had an attendant come out and they described what was going to happen, warning that the procedure may not be suitable for all ages. There was standing room only. and kids of all ages in the bleachers. Again, the attendant gave the warning. The Doctor came out and made sure the dog was well sedated and ready. When he made the first incision there were numerous gasp and ¾ of the people left. Nancy and I moved to a better location to observe the procedure, laughing as we moved. I still wonder what the people thought the Doctor was going to do. Maybe wave a wand over the dog and the spay would just magically happen. LOL

I have a recipe saved that dingercpa posted, is that the one you use, or do you use another one?
I can't help it, I love the frying pan!!
I have slept since then, if it is made with horchata, I tried it and there was too much cinnamon in it.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
But MY cat is better than your cat, because I can't pet yours from here :)

In this case, I must concede to the Gentleman From Washington .. since I have no pet of any sort, there is nothing to be petted .. ;) .. I had a Ghetto Cat that ingratiated itself to me until proving that it was very low on the level of "My Pets Better Than Yours" list, thus, it is now gone .. so, you win on that .. ;)

My Golden Retriever, Bogart (Bogie) who was my constant companion for 17 years and had a better disposition than any of 4 wives combined, has been buried in my back yard for some years now .. when I had to have him put down, I pretty much swore off pets .. figuring as the years went by, the pet might outlive me, thus requiring I make some sort of alternative arrangement or provide for said pet in my Will .. ;)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Apparently, although sometimes I feel like I am one of the 3 people in the USA to watch BBC America .. I would like to mention that they have done a TV adaptation of Bernard Cornwell's "The Last Kingdom" and it starts tomorrow, OCT 10th .. I'm looking forward to it, as Cornwell is one of my favorite authors of historical novels ..

If you get BBC America, I'd also highly recommend "Orphan Black" .. "Being Human" .. "Atlantis" .. "Merlin" .. "Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell" .. "Luther" .. and, of course, their news ..

EDIT .. for those that have Netflix, some of the BBC shows are there as well ..

I've set Kingdom to record the series! What is Strnge Norrell? When is it on? I liked Merlin & then it got lost in the channel shuffle. When is it on? I want to set all of them to record. Sherlock was good, then I lost it, too.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
In Days Long Past there were no stations dedicated to round-the-clock news. So, it would be a comparison of things that don't have enough similarities to make any comparison valid.

If it's any comfort, I went out at 10pm and then again at 4am and stood there looking into the northern sky for 10 minutes each time, and saw zilch. It was not the most crystal clear of nights, a little hazy.

Not to complicate things further, but even though I'm a big fan of the Aspire nautilus, I much prefer the Kanger Subtank to the Aspire Atlantis for low ohm or TC vaping. The Atlantis I tried, though, was the V1. I don't know about the V2.

I'm toying with the idea of driving to town for a pizza. Something I haven't been able to do for a long time.

A few seconds of video from today's Phantom 3 quad copter flight:

Cool!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
The shout out was really for any Dave .. ;) .. in fact, anyone that would like to debate, because I do love a good debate, that is, unless it's "Why my Cat / Dog / Iguana / Gerbil / Bird / Pet Monkey / Sock Puppet / Imaginary Friend / is Better Than Yours" ... Ken-L Ration not withstanding and as long as my debate opponent does not speak in the 3rd person .. ;)

They say the selection of a vehicle is somewhat of a reflection of one's personality .. I'd say, the Subaru is a solid, dependable, stylish and leaning to the left .. not quite a Volvo, but getting there .. ;) .. regaining the ability to use the Drive Up Window has to be so liberating .. ;)

What does a 16 yo Green Tahoe say?

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I've set Kingdom to record the series! What is Strnge Norrell? When is it on? I liked Merlin & then it got lost in the channel shuffle. When is it on? I want to set all of them to record. Sherlock was good, then I lost it, too.

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell wrapped up season one a while back, you might find the episodes on YouTube or on repeats .. I thought it was an excellent show about Magic .. really, kinda like a "Harry Potter" for adults ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread