Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Our dear, sweet TIBS has won a Cloupor Mini Plus in the forum contest!!!
Congrats, Tibs!!! ENJOY!
congratulations-057.gif

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
I think i found the problem w/my istick 30w. it was always showing protection when trying to fire it.
i used the ego adapter that eleaf includes and it now fires consistently. no more protection errors.
does anyone know why this works, what specifically is wrong w/the 510 on the 1st gen 30w as i plan to fix it.
looks dumb w/adapter and a 510 tank.
istick30_adapter.jpg

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I think i found the problem w/my istick 30w. it was always showing protection when trying to fire it.
i used the ego adapter that eleaf includes and it now fires consistently. no more protection errors.
does anyone know why this works, what specifically is wrong w/the 510 on the 1st gen 30w as i plan to fix it.
istick30_adapter.jpg
I assume that you've checked the obvious things like corrosion and whether the pin moves freely. I don't have an answer to your problem but this might help with the aesthetic issue. https://www.fasttech.com/product/1923808-kepler-510-finned-heat-sink-for-atomizers I don't own any 30w iSticks but I always use an Ego adapter and a "beauty ring" on my 20w iSticks. I have a lot of them.

beauty-ring-protank-protank-2-protank-3-aero-ego.jpg

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
istick30_adapter.jpg
It's already been suggested, but I was going to say get a one of those carto tank ring things (dang if I forgot the name of the things! Apparently Innokin got people calling them "beauty rings") I bought several. I know that Sweet Vapes has them, and probably MVS and MFS.
The bottom picture @gandymarsh posted is what you want.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
I can live w the looks
Upon further use the "protection" warning will still come on but not nearly as much as w out the adapter
510 pin moves freely, No corrosion .
I might just resolder the wires on the 510 to see if that cures it
Edit. Went through a whole tank w no issues. But now its acting just as b4 w out adapter. Damn

Last edited:
Reactions: IMRs

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
istick30_adapter.jpg
That's because you have no beauty ring on there.... :lol:

My guess is the tank pushes the 510 down too far, does it work fine partially unscrewed?
I get this on my 20W when the build is a little to close to the minimum resistance.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
That's because you have no beauty ring on there.... :lol:

My guess is the tank pushes the 510 down too far, does it work fine partially unscrewed?
I get this on my 20W when the build is a little to close to the minimum resistance.
doesnt matter how its screwed on protection error happens.
but i did go through 4mls of juice w/adapter w/maybe one error, no its acting up like b4, either randomly or consistently it errors out.
my guess its still a 510 issue, will take apart and resolder

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
doesnt matter how its screwed on protection error happens.
but i did go through 4mls of juice w/adapter w/maybe one error, no its acting up like b4, either randomly or consistently it errors out.
my guess its still a 510 issue, will take apart and resolder
Pics please if you find anything interesting worth sharing. :thumbs:

TheOccasionalVaper

Jun 29, 2015
Try different liquids, this happened almost all the time with a 0.15ohm gs air and 12mg liquids, but same settings with a 3 or 6mg liquid ended up working fine 90% of the time. I get the protection notify after a few longer vapes still :)
Just something i noticed :)
Pink Fury liquids used here, they have ethanol and water in them, so keep in mini they can affect heater behaviour.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
istick30_adapter.jpg

Never had a "protection" warning, but I use this airflow controller on my iStick 20 to protect the wonky threads and it works like a charm and doesn't add much height--and if there's a gap, it can be closed.

http://www.hoosierecig.com/Airflow-Controller-for-510_p_948.html

Good luck!

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Never had a "protection" warning, but I use this airflow controller on my iStick 20 to protect the wonky threads and it works like a charm and doesn't add much height--and if there's a gap, it can be closed.

http://www.hoosierecig.com/Airflow-Controller-for-510_p_948.html

Good luck!

I've started using those on all my mods. In addition to protecting your mod threads, it also helps a lot when you have an RTA that won't fire because of how the 510 pin is adjusted. With this airflow controller, I don't have to adjust anything, they just work.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I've started using those on all my mods. In addition to protecting your mod threads, it also helps a lot when you have an RTA that won't fire because of how the 510 pin is adjusted. With this airflow controller, I don't have to adjust anything, they just work.

Yup, I love those guys. However, I don't use them on all my mods because they still do add some bulk...

For connectivity issues I have my spacers--they are my connectivity lifesavers. Never failed me yet. :D

http://www.madvapes.com/circuit-board-spacer.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread