Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
Very new to this forum stuff made account searched gs air and am going to reply into thin internet air maybe someone will help me out. I got a GS air not too long ago and cannot stop flooding for the life of me Im not that new to vaping I vape mainly 70/30 vg/pg I have tried everything I could so I hope one of you webbers can help me out. Tried adjusting air flow/heat settings. No matter what it will start flooding about 1/2 a tank and then boom goes the ejuice wasted. Have tried different coils all authentic. Help wanted
What do you have your watts set at? Sometimes just kicking up the watts/volts for a couple puffs can clear the flooding. Also even a tootle puffer tank like the GS needs a couple watts to vaporize the juice, if you're running the lowest setting on a spinner or just a cigalike, it may be pretty well saturating and gunking the coil in half a tank.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I'm sorry IMRs! It's usually that way for me. You guys are Chatty Cathies until I get here, then everyone leaves! Pages and pages while I'm at work. Come home...nothing! Lol
And yes, now people will pour in now because I'm leaving in about 5 minutes.
you can all come in now. :lol::lol::lol:

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
And yes, now people will pour in now because I'm leaving in about 5 minutes.
you can all come in now. :lol::lol::lol:
Is he gone? Safe to come out?? LOL! JK, IMRs! Sorry I missed you -- get that bus fired up! We need a road trip, buddy!

Been busy today with the grands and a trip to Chuck E Cheese. Good times. One of our girls is absolutely PETRIFIED of Chucky and that darned RAT comes out every hour on the hour to walk around waving and touching kids. Kinda Creepy. As soon as she sees him, she takes off running and shrieking at the top of her lungs in the opposite direction, every single time. Halloween should be a lot of fun this year.
screaming-child.jpg

Jan1ak

Oct 9, 2015
What do you have your watts set at? Sometimes just kicking up the watts/volts for a couple puffs can clear the flooding. Also even a tootle puffer tank like the GS needs a couple watts to vaporize the juice, if you're running the lowest setting on a spinner or just a cigalike, it may be pretty well saturating and gunking the coil in half a tank.
I have tried that I run 12 watts on a istick 30w sometimes I have tried what you mentioned with boosting the watts up but that seems to spew electric shocking juice in my mouth lol. I have also tried to just fire high with no draw. Nada

Jan1ak

Oct 9, 2015
Very unusual.. You will need to test a few things out in order to try and localize where the problem might be..
For a start.. I. your GS-Air is it the one with the screw in the center for air control? 2. Do you know if it is authentic or a clone?

For a test.. empty the GS-Air and then screw the air control all the way in.. then block the bottom hole with your finger and try to draw air throught the drip tip.. If you almost died trying to breathe :) then the GS-Air seems well sealed.. if you could breathe than there is air leaking in probably from one of the o-ring seals.. which must be checked next for proper fit..:?: ..

Tell us how the above goes.. and welcome here...
Yes its the one with the screw as the air control, messed around with it quite a bit it is authentic. I have tried what you mentioned and almost died trying to breathe but made it out alive, very air tight. Lost in the wind with this one but dont want to give up on it yet because for the first half of the tank I can actually hit its amazing then boom tsunami of ejuice in near distance

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I have nothing to contribute because I honestly have never had a problem with any of my GS tanks and I have all of them. The new one, the M, the MS, the Air plus some GS16S's. Not even the one that came apart has leaked after I put it back together. Sorry! :(

Jan1ak

Oct 9, 2015
Welcome, Jan1ak,
Sorry you are getting flooded out. Those who read this thread and especially its predecessor know that I strive to understand why and how things work, or don't work.
In this case, I'd put my usual quest for understanding on hold.

The GS-Air is an $8 tank today, +/-. You may well have lost juice worth more than that so far. How about a different approach? Get yourself a GS-Air M or a GS-Tank. They cost a dollar or two more, and have some advantages in air flow control and capacity.
If a new tank doesn't flood—and I suspect it will not—that would suggest a defect in your current tank or a bad batch of coils. I've had the latter, but not the former, but remember, quality control for an $8 item is not "mil. spec.". If a new tank, using the coil that comes with it, shows the same flooding behaviour at 1/2 tank, that would point to something odd in your environment, either juice or air pressure or raging zombie cats. I doubt it's the juice.

I've been using three or four GS-Air tanks for nearly a year, and a similar number of the M version since around April. I got the GS-Tank as soon as it came out. In total, I have around ten or twelve or these dandy little things. I use them all day long. None has ever leaked except when I had a batch of very bad and very authentic eleaf coils. Those were two entire five-packs of coils from the lowest depths of hell. Can't say I feel your pain, but I certainly appreciate your frustration.
4 GS air tanks in a year wow I get through a half tank of mine and want to chuck it out my window. But decide not to because I will get to the bottom of it. I was thinking of ordering a new one but if i get hit with another flood I dont want to run the risk of greying my hair at such young age. Its most definitely not the juice my last straw is absolute horrid batch of coils.

Reactions: IMRs

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
4 GS air tanks in a year wow I get through a half tank of mine and want to chuck it out my window. But decide not to because I will get to the bottom of it. I was thinking of ordering a new one but if i get hit with another flood I dont want to run the risk of greying my hair at such young age. Its most definitely not the juice my last straw is absolute horrid batch of coils.
I have nothing to contribute either...I agree the seals somewhere are suspect allowing the juice
to leak. Never had this happen either.

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
One thing I've learned about vaping, every tank is a leak just waiting to happen. I have the GS air with the little carburetor screw for airflow adjustment like the one you have, a GS M, an aerotank, a couple protanks (1 & 2), a sub M, several cheap carto tanks, and a few aspire tanks. All have leaked at one time or another. Some I've found the problem, some not. I will say the GS airs are the least fidgety of all I've tried, but they can be a pain too. If you're leaving it sitting in a car during the day, stop.. That's a leak every time I do it. If it only floods when it gets down to half, it's like some of the protanks, easy fix, refill before it gets to half. Waste of time, I know, but it worked on some of the protanks.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Forgive me for dropping in all random (like I always do) and for asking questions about things that were prolly answered a million times already in this and its previous thread (that I obviously didn't read):lol:
But, I need advise on the GS Air pretty fast cause I need to place my orders...yesterday.

I've been off the forums for a long while (cause I became a dirty 2 pad ashtray licker again over the winter until a month ago) and I am still searching for that small tank that can deliver good flavor.

Before I started smoking again, I tried Aerotanks, Protanks, and Gladious and hated them all in the flavor dept. Tried rebuilding the heads with cotton,....and, wow I suck.

So, how does the GS Air compare to those other tanks for flavor and how do the 1.2 ohm organic cotton replacement coils compare to the 1.5 dual coil heads? Tootle Puffer here btw. iSticker as well.

I'm also interested in the Eleaf GS16s for the iStick 10watt and ego types, so if anyone has experience with that one as well, please share.

If anyone reads and responds to my clearomizer quest, Id appreciate it.;)

And Katya, if you see this, yep same old issue. I'm exasperating!:-x

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I use the GS16S's for the 10W Mini's and I love them with an original GS Air base. I haven't tried the 1.2 ohm coils so I can't give any info of those but I love the 1.5 ohm duals, not only for the flavor but the fact that I can rebuild them as well. Honestly, you can go wrong with a GS tank in any configuration. Great flavor, adjustable air flow and inexpensive.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Forgive me for dropping in all random (like I always do) and for asking questions about things that were prolly answered a million times already in this and its previous thread (that I obviously didn't read):lol:
But, I need advise on the GS Air pretty fast cause I need to place my orders...yesterday.

I've been off the forums for a long while (cause I became a dirty 2 pad ashtray licker again over the winter until a month ago) and I am still searching for that small tank that can deliver good flavor.

Before I started smoking again, I tried Aerotanks, Protanks, and Gladious and hated them all in the flavor dept. Tried rebuilding the heads with cotton,....and, wow I suck.

So, how does the GS Air compare to those other tanks for flavor and how do the 1.2 ohm organic cotton replacement coils compare to the 1.5 dual coil heads? Tootle Puffer here btw. iSticker as well.

I'm also interested in the Eleaf GS16s for the iStick 10watt and ego types, so if anyone has experience with that one as well, please share.

If anyone reads and responds to my clearomizer quest, Id appreciate it.;)

And Katya, if you see this, yep same old issue. I'm exasperating!:-x
Mini Protank II user for a long time, GS Air has them beat all to heck!

No experience with the other tanks you mention nor the 1.2 OC coils. But the GS Air is the best tank on the market for the money. Great flavor has been one the hallmarks of this plug and play tank. They go great with the isick line of tanks too...they were made for each other! :thumbs:

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
Howdy Airheads. Been quite a day. Daughter had a bit of a scare and has been in the hospital since yesterday afternoon. Looks like she is being released today. Still no baby, but right now my daughter is okay and I'm so relieved and grateful for that.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Howdy Airheads. Been quite a day. Daughter had a bit of a scare and has been in the hospital since yesterday afternoon. Looks like she is being released today. Still no baby, but right now my daughter is okay and I'm so relieved and grateful for that.
Glad to hear all is well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread